10193 Medieval Market Village - Official Thread

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
MarioDAlessio
Foot Soldier

Post by MarioDAlessio »

As for AFOL appeal and Dark Ages.
Not so much a dark age but a misb phase. Since the end of KK1 & the castle legends (2002/2003) I dont often open the larger more pricey castle sets.

I have all of KK1 and current fantasy sets misb as well most of the related gear/games etc.

I have only opened one of the following of each set valued greater then AU $50:

8780 Citadel of Orlan
10176 Royal Kings Castle
7036 Dwarves' Mine
7093 Skeleton Tower
Still considering whether to open a Kings Castle Seige it is becoming more tempting the better this range gets or is the money better spent on more MMV(both the same price here in Au.).

MMV and will become the first set since 3737 Blacksmith shop in 2002 where I will actually open two boxes.

Mario (Age 39)
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

Tower of Iron Will wrote: Thus the 27 pages in this thread alone. I would bet money that LEGO will have more of these sets in the future. What would be nice is to have a similar Orc and/or Dwarven version in the future.
-Tower
That would be amazing.
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
Legoist
Peasant

Post by Legoist »

Adam wrote:I think I picked a glorious time to come out of my "Dark Ages"!
For me, it's a year too late... I missed the great Santa Fe locomotives and the train engine shed :( Now I can only buy them on Bricklink... for 3 times their original price.
Hillyard
Gong Farmer

Post by Hillyard »

Legoist wrote:
Adam wrote:I think I picked a glorious time to come out of my "Dark Ages"!
For me, it's a year too late... I missed the great Santa Fe locomotives and the train engine shed :( Now I can only buy them on Bricklink... for 3 times their original price.
Man no joke. I got the lego holiday train this year from my sister and I was recently inspired to browse the the current lego sets. I realized what I was missing out on...

Why in the world did they go to RC trains...wth
-Zach
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:Thus the 27 pages in this thread alone.
And thanks to this becoming the official Lego Train sets thread now too, we've reached page 28 :D
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
jaydawg
Serf

Re: 10193 Medieval Market Village - Official Thread

Post by jaydawg »

After holding out as long as I could I ordered four from SaH this past Friday. I figured I'll open/play with two and save the other two MISB. Looks like I jumped in on the right time . . . they were "available now" when I ordered but went on " Backorders accepted, will ship by 20 May." the next day. Was worried I might have to wait but just got an e-mail saying they were shipped. Somewhat off topic . . . while I appreciate the relatively massive number of Star Wars sets in the top 25 on SaH, I can't help but notice that Medieval Market Village, at number 12, is the only top 25 item currently on backorder, and it seems it has been on backorder almost as much as it has been "available." Granted, its newer than many of the other top 25 items, but I wonder where it would stand if some potential buyers weren't deterred by the frequent "backorder" status.
nikink
Serf

Post by nikink »

Is there any chance these will ever be sold retail?

I'd *like* to order direct from S@H, but the extra $40 shipping kinda blows the budget. :(
Have Fun...
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

nikink wrote:Is there any chance these will ever be sold retail?

I'd *like* to order direct from S@H, but the extra $40 shipping kinda blows the budget. :(
I got mine from the Lego store. These sets will not show up in stores like Wal-mart, Target and Toys R Us.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

With over 1600 elements, the set is a good deal even for $140. (LEGO employees should disregard the previous sentence ;) ) TLG likely can offer sets like this with excellent price per piece ratios because they receive all of the profit and a retailer does not take 20-30% of the msrp in profit.

Ben
nikink
Serf

Post by nikink »

architect wrote:With over 1600 elements, the set is a good deal even for $140. (LEGO employees should disregard the previous sentence ;) ) TLG likely can offer sets like this with excellent price per piece ratios because they receive all of the profit and a retailer does not take 20-30% of the msrp in profit.

Ben
Actually, more like $200 where I am. :)

S@H lists sets at the recommended price, and take all the profits. This is fine. Good luck to them! I certainly want them to stay profitable. I just know that if they put this set into a retail outfit, thenI don't fork out that extra significant cost for shipping, and often get e retail discount as well.

If S@H sold for less than rrp, then the extra shipping wouldn't be as bad, and thus I would be more able to buy direct from Lego instead of retail, thus giving more of my money direct to TLC.

But I am not everyone. This current method works for them. So I say, me be damned, and keep on this road, it serves them well! :)
Have Fun...
Shroud9
Peasant

Post by Shroud9 »

I luv this set... and at $117 Korean Won its a great deal!

Did anyone mention the dung... y'know, the horse poo?!?

I love that design touch!

Great set, highly-recomended, and next to my Dwarf mine set its sits perfectly!
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• -=Richard=-
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

architect wrote:Image

http://www.classic-castle.com

#10193 Medieval Market Village
Ages 12+. 1,601 pieces.

US $99.99; ¤99.99, CA $149.99, AU $149.99, UK £84.99

Expand your LEGO® Castle kingdom!

This classic medieval village with marketplace is a perfect match for any LEGO Castle. Full of authentic features, fun accessories and all-new animals to expand and enhance your kingdom; it includes two complete buildings with detailed interiors like a blacksmith’s shop with waterwheel-driven hammer, a food stand, tree, table, cart, cows, horse, chicken, rooster, duck, peasants, knights, rare elements and colors, and more!

· Includes 8 minifigures: blacksmith, 2 soldiers, 2 male peasants, 2 female peasants and a boy minifigure!

· Play inside! The 2 two-story buildings feature a hinge system that allows you to open and close them as you wish!

· The yellow building contains the stables, blacksmiths shop and his home upstairs! Help the blacksmith forge the swords with the working water powered trip hammer! Don’t forget to close the stable gates and feed the horse some carrots!

· Blacksmith’s home features pictures on the walls, opening windows, table and fireplace!

· The classically European styled blue building features a cozy tavern on the first floor and welcoming bedroom on the top floor!

· Lots of authentic touches: fireplaces in the bedrooms, pictures on the walls, dressing tables, working doors and windows and other interior details!

· The soldiers and peasants alike shop and eat in the marketplace filled with baskets of fish, apples and flowers. Sit at the table for a meal of ale, cheese and whole turkey but stay out of the way of the soldiers carrying the king’s treasure!

· Buildings measure over 7.5” tall and over 9” long when open wide!

The Knight has stormed the "castle"...the Peasants are ripe for the picking!!!

Come storm the castle at will...DON'T FORGET THE LANCE
For the King's Castle!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Re:

Post by JoshWedin »

Sir Prog wrote:The Knight has stormed the "castle"...the Peasants are ripe for the picking!!!

Come storm the castle at will...DON'T FORGET THE LANCE
Prog, I don't understand your post at all. You quoted Ben's entire post and then you didn't reference any of it. If you want people to take you seriously, I suggest that you work on making statements that make sense.

Thank you,
Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

This set makes me so happy :D . This set brings back the origional feeling of Lego Castle. Also there is a chance we could see some of the peasent sets coming back. :)
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

The only things lacking in this grand set are male steer and pitchforks. Other than that, tis perfecto! :halo:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-