Troll/Orc Female Shaman/Queen

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Athos wrote:I like the figure too. I was trying to come up with a way to make an orc matriarch. I was leaning towards Kit Fisto. :D

Steve
I have already used that torso in making some Orc male shamens, I think they work perfect. The head doesn't really fit Orcish norms.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

I'm glad they made this fig. I'm also happy that they are expanding the orcs somewhat. Makes me wonder what set it will end up in. I really like the new colored lightning piece. I remember some one suggesting that a while back. Who would have been so "Quick" to suggest that? :wink:
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
AmperZand
Apprentice

Post by AmperZand »

I already have an orc minifig with a brown hood. He's MOC orc scout.

As I'm trying to maximise variety, do you think it would be OK if I replaced the female orc shaman/queen's hood with the hair from this minifig :?:

Am I philistine for even thinking of doing this?

Amps
My Brickshelf Gallery: www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=182210

From Family Guy:
Peter: "You've got Legos? Cool! Lois only gets me Mega Bloks."
Lois: "It's the same thing."
Peter: "No, it isn't."
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

AmperZand wrote:I already have an orc minifig with a brown hood. He's MOC orc scout.

As I'm trying to maximise variety, do you think it would be OK if I replaced the female orc shaman/queen's hood with the hair from this minifig :?:

Amps
I'm not sure how those two greens would go together. Not well, I'd guess.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Ardohoth
Peasant

Post by Ardohoth »

Probablly 2009 will be my worst year in my life due to the money i will spend for all these beauties.

Now Orcs in many stories and games came from Elves.

In Tolkien books even in the third age where the story of the one ring happens, Saruman and Sauron breed Uruk Hai and Orcs. But not from tortured elves. The book say they come from the ground.

Now ELVES why i have a feeling that we will see elves and new weapons on 2009?
The Rage of Gods will soon appear again on this earth and Twillight Knights will walk again the Grounds of Durandar
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Ardohoth,

Uruk-Hai only come from the ground in PJ's movies.... Tolkien in his books never states this. Pretty good summary here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruk-hai
I tend to think that half-orcs and Uruk-Hai are different groups but his reasoning is sound enough. Either way they were not breed from the ground.

I am hoping the elves do not look like wimps as is lately been done to them in so much fantasy. I hope they come out in forest sets with lots of bows because I'd like to augment my number of bows and quivers in general.

It will be a good year for Castle Lego I think but I am sure it will be a costly one. Depending the cost of the set with the Troll/orc female I'd like to pick up a few and modify them.

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

AmperZand wrote:As I'm trying to maximise variety, do you think it would be OK if I replaced the female orc shaman/queen's hood with the hair from this minifig :?:

You aren't a philistine for doing that, but it doesn't look very good. Oddly most of the dark red hair looks good on the orcs. The dark red matches their eyes and kind of makes the color "pop". I have the dark red long hair, from the merman set, on one of mine and it looks good. You might try something similar with the hag.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
Ardohoth
Peasant

Post by Ardohoth »

Heir of my beloved black falcons i read about the ground in one the letters of Tolkien. its one of the rare books that Tolkien wrote some extra things about the history of Middle Earth.

But its being years i am not entirelly sure about that. :D
The Rage of Gods will soon appear again on this earth and Twillight Knights will walk again the Grounds of Durandar
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Ardohoth wrote: Now ELVES why i have a feeling that we will see elves and new weapons on 2009?
Hinckley from eurobricks said one of the designers said no Elves next year. Though that's triple hearsay now, I think its probably accurate, since the trolls seem to be continuing.

Here's hoping for a troll fort...

Steve
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Post by Dr.Cogg »

I was at Brickcon and asked one of the people from lego if there would be elves next year ,she said no,however lego has done this before like they did with Pirates ,as I recall.
MrBlack103
Villein

Post by MrBlack103 »

I dont really see a need for a Shaman or Female troll character
An orc-only chess faction, perhaps?
AmperZand
Apprentice

Post by AmperZand »

JoshWedin wrote:
AmperZand wrote:As I'm trying to maximise variety, do you think it would be OK if I replaced the female orc shaman/queen's hood with the hair from this minifig :?:

You aren't a philistine for doing that, but it doesn't look very good. Oddly most of the dark red hair looks good on the orcs. The dark red matches their eyes and kind of makes the color "pop". I have the dark red long hair, from the merman set, on one of mine and it looks good. You might try something similar with the hag.

Josh
Thanks, Athos and Josh. :wink:

Josh,

That's a very good idea but I've already got the long, dark red hair on the merman (-maid?) and on the undead queen from the penultimate chess set. So I'm a bit reluctant to use that hair piece again.

What do you think of the hair from this minifig instead?

Any other alternatives?

Anyone?

Thanks for your suggestions,

Amps
My Brickshelf Gallery: www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=182210

From Family Guy:
Peter: "You've got Legos? Cool! Lois only gets me Mega Bloks."
Lois: "It's the same thing."
Peter: "No, it isn't."
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

You like those exoforce hairs don't you. I don't know if the purple will look Troll-y enough or go with green.

Steve
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

AmperZand wrote:
Any other alternatives?

Anyone?

Thanks for your suggestions,

Amps
How about:

Or this in black:

Or this for a druid/shaman look:

moo
Gong Farmer

Post by moo »

For a short moment I shall step out of the deep shadows in which I normally lurk and give you these suggestions.

I like to use black hair on my orcs. Below is an orc soldier, a war leader and a shaman. The two hairpieces I used are ponytail and indian hair.

I hope that might be of use or inspiration to you.