What do YOU do with your KKII rainbow knights?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
yaya
Freeman

Post by yaya »

I have 2 red, 2 baby blue, 2 black, 1 green & 1 purple....

But the armor design is not the same as josh!!!!!
Steve
Lego collector
Mog
Freeman

Post by Mog »

I really like the use of anime-style hair on page 1.

If I had some of them (I don't) I would use them as elemental knights, I think. Red for fire, green for earth, dark blue for water, sky blue for air - it just sort of works, I think. That would leave the purple knights as "special," which I like because purple is my favorite color. :) I'd either have them be for some magical fifth element (heart!) or royal knights or something.

Now I...actually want some KK. Wait, what?

EDIT: My bad, there is know "dark blue." So I'd use purple for water and black for "special." Now I don't want KK as much. Balance has been restored. :p
I collect LEGO themes that start with "C." And Pirates. I call them "Corsairs."
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

DaleDVM wrote: This is my dragon unit:
Gotta swipe this from ya!

:D
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

Why do so many seem to be down on the KKII as a whole?
For the King's Castle!
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

I love the knights from the second half of KKII. The yellow ones and red ones are particularly attractive in my own opinion. These figs are the ones that got me back into Lego castle in the first place.

I'm not big on the red knight and the visors... but still, not too shabby!
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

Now that I have all of the fantasy era sets, I'm backtracking and getting the Knights Kingdom II sets. I don't really want to get all of them, but I'm working on getting all the main minifigs.

Here's what I have so far:

Santis 1:

Rascus 1:

Jayko 2:

Adric:

Kentis:

Jayko 4:

Vladek 4:

Karzon:

Dracus:

Orlan 2:

Now, as far as I can tell, these are the ones I still need to get:

Danju 1:

Danju 2:

Santis 2:

Rascus 2:

Jayko 3:

Mathias:

Vladek 1:

Vladek 2:

Vladek 3:

Not including the odd variant of Rascus 1 with the printed torso and older version of Orlan that came with Citadel of Orlan, as well as that Jayko polybag minifig with the blue wide brim helm and crossbow, did I miss anyone there? I don't think I need to get the other Rascus 1 minifig and I'll probably just buy the Orlan minifig from that set. I'm not sure I need a fourth Jayko, either. I can get all the other minifigs above by simply buying that Vladek polybag minifig, Vladek Encounter, King's Siege Tower, and Vladek’s Dark Fortress, so it's all good. Thanks.
jdigiovanna
Serf

Post by jdigiovanna »

I've found various uses for the jellybean knights and i must say that some of them are quite useful. I like all of the faces but only when properly dispersed. I use the red knights bear sheild as the sheild for the tiny naval nation of Nithane, the green nights I take the printed torsos from the citadel set to make elves, the bull knight's breastplate for a holy order of knights, and pretty much the same for the unicorn guy except he's the last of his kind. The blue and purple knights have no place except I use some purple stuff for emperors like the one in Nithane. I hate the visors except vladeks. If you put Santis visor on backwards it has a cool nosegaurd thingy

Jameson.
"Come home with this sheild or upon it."-A Spartan woman equips her son
The Crusader
Freeman

Post by The Crusader »

I used there armor as "Magical Armor". Fire absorbs fire cuts Ice in half etc.

Yeah I'm an old school Final Fantasy buff
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

KingDavid wrote:Now that I have all of the fantasy era sets, I'm backtracking and getting the Knights Kingdom II sets. I don't really want to get all of them, but I'm working on getting all the main minifigs.
For some reason KKII figures made more sense after seeing the 2007 Castle figures. It was easier to incorporate them into the story lines for the Crown and Skeleton factions buy creating new factions for them. The only KKII figures I have a hard time with are the purple knights.

I am glad to be able to incorporate the KKII figures, it was smart of LEGO to design the 2007-2009 sets like that.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Teodoric79
Gong Farmer

Post by Teodoric79 »

I use Vladek his Knights and the Rogue Knights as Dungeon Guards and make the jelly bean knights as my countries nobles and their men at arms.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Re: What do YOU do with your KKII rainbow knights?

Post by JPinoy »

That's easy... I incorporate them into my armies. But not before parting them out and spreading aroun the parts amongst my existing troops.

Where the parts (armors, shields, and torsos) go...

The animal print ones...
Scorpion Knights & Vladek scorpion emblem = Malay (cos I like dark red for my ethnic group :D and the Scorpion reminds me of the Brotherhood of NOD :twisted: )
Jayko "bird of prey" emblem = Egypt (representing Horus)
Danju wolf emblem = Turks
Santis bear emblem = Romans
Rascus monkey emblem = Khmer
King Leo lion emblem = Persians

The odd symbol ones...
All 5 armor designs are now the "clan armor" the 5 factions of a race of space-faring humans I call, the Kalin, who I modelled from the Jaffa Warriors from StarGate.

As for the shields and armors of Adric, Kentis, Dracus, and Karzon... they're all over the place! :D
Kentis' green armor = Romanian knights
Kentis' unicorn shield = Gaelic warriors
Adric's red armor = Spanish knights
Adric's bull shield = Babylonian warriors
Dracus' silver/black armor = Byzantine heavy cavalry
Dracus' dragon shield = Italian soldiers (emphasizing on the Rome-Byzantine connection, as my Byzantines have the Black Knight's dragon shields)
Karzon's bronze/black armor = Italian cavalry
Karzon's snake shield = Iroquoi warriors
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Mine are an old party of adventurers that don't do much more than sit around taverns drinking and telling the tales of their adventures. Their armor is very garish, but they insist it has special value and properties. Occasionally they are visited by an old man with great alarm in his eyes and then they aren't seen again for many months, sometimes years, before returning again. When they return, so the legend goes around the taverns, they don't seem any older, they spend a lot of gold and they always have more fantastic stories to tell. Many are sure they are just a traveling troop of bards, but who can tell? The bard's tale is enough to keep the folk coming back to the tavern again and again.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I have the Santis figs as Royal Knights/Lion Knights, they fit right in. I had a similar idea using Rascus alongside the Forestmen, but it just upset the nature of the faction as thieves etc.
The Crusader wrote:I used there armor as "Magical Armor". Fire absorbs fire cuts Ice in half etc.
This is a great idea- i've toyed with them being on the more magical side myself. The sand-blue Good Wizard could easily fit in alongside baby blue Jaykos i'd think.

Failing that i'm sure they'd all make good :orc: training dummies. :wink:
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

The faces are very useful, but the armor being so "happily" colored makes me think it is useful for one crazy thing.....Cereal Mascots. Danju Crunch, Jayko-berry, Coco-Rascus, and Santis-crispies :tasty:
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
BrianofBrick06
Foot Soldier

Post by BrianofBrick06 »

Currently, I use the teal and purple knights as two different factions in what I consider the antagonist "evil" in my lego kingdom. These highly trained warriors are motivated and inluenced by money, much like the common mercenary. Furthermore, the teal knights were long ago once a part of the black falcons, and only "mutinied" as the antagonist forces became a serious threat...