What do YOU do with your KKII rainbow knights?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I agree the good faction for KKII is hard to find a use for. I like the bad faction quite a bit. They have a cool 'evil' look while the Baby Blue knights in particular look silly. So glad that stopped rather quickly. What was TLC thinking. Now that said I often use them as commoners or mix them up with various items to break the baby blue scheme. Other than baby blue I do not mind the others that much its just.... baby blue went way too far.

R
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

I use them for dragon scale armour. It's quite frankly the only decent (castle) use I've found for them. :D

I do like the visors though...
Trimmed down and painted silver. :twisted:
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
Brickzone
Bailiff

Post by Brickzone »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I hate the visors. Might just use black helmets with them.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

What was TLC thinking.
Well I'm guessing the bright colours was an attempt at repeating Bionicle's success with a similar formula (the Toa). The problem is that whilst it works in the fantasy world of Bionicle, it looks a bit silly in the gritty world of Castle.

That said, I remember a snow castle MoC posted here a few years ago where someone said that Jayko's blue armour actually suited the colour scheme well so it's possible to find good uses for them. Be creative :wink:
TheMaster
Peasant

Post by TheMaster »

I put the Harry potter Turban on the purple knight.
Hewkiril
Laborer

Post by Hewkiril »

CVfan13 wrote:I took their heads and put them in my head bag. I took Vladek's torso, legs, and armor and separated them into their respective bags. Then, I tossed everything else to the deepest, darkness catacomb of my least used, useless bucket of useless, useless pieces. Simple solution, now all I have to do is get rid of that accursed bucket. :lol:
Send'em to me, I can help you get rid of them.

And unfortunately the only big flamboyant KK2 knight I have is the second Rascus , and I use him as a sort of medieval Green Goblin.
Mudpuppy
Apprentice

Post by Mudpuppy »

Ok, final count:

26 "Jellybean" Knights (9 baby blue, 6 Red, 6 Green, 5 purple)

4 Kings

I'm thinking of perhaps a new class of knights: Ambassadors!

Think about it... the Ambassadors for a country have always been the rather flashy and attention grabbing. They would have had distinctive armor...

Anyway, I'll find some place for them.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jnicely1
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

I would like to point out a fact that I think has long been neglected concerning KKII. Purple, for centuries, was considered the color of royalty. Purple cloth was in high demand and dealers in purple cloth were typically wealthy because of that. Maybe Danju's got a little money on his hands and went a little overboard. I'd hate to think of what his castle looks like.

As far as baby blue goes...we should mail all our baby blue knights to one guy who should roast them all on a grill! :twisted: And record it too, so we can all enjoy the fun. :wink:

God bless.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

Two words: enchanted armor. The outrageous colors, combined with the animal images or runelike geometric designs, suggest that these guys are infused with some sort of totemic power. A guild of warrior-shamans, perhaps?
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
What do YOU do with your KKII rainbow knights?
Sad story.

I actually forgot about these pyjama knights’ existence. Sort of blocked it out. I just now found them bagged away deep down at the bottom of my minifigs box. As I said, sad story.

Bye
Jojo
Lego Knight
Freeman

Post by Lego Knight »

I am trying to get one red one. Then I will use them as the more powerful knights in my Legoverse.
legokilt
Bailiff

Post by legokilt »

I have started to kit them out as if they are individual knights with retainers. Since I have two castles (one that is mainly the King's Castle Seige and the other is the King's Castle) one is the castle of the king of the crownies and any knight in the pearl silver or gold and chrome. The other is the king of the chromatic knights (for lack of a better name). For the second castle I also added all of my old knights and soldiers from the early eighties on up. The only color I didn't use for the chromatic knights is black. I am amassing black and grey bricks and plates for a castle I have been planning for some time. I figure the crownies need to have allies beside the dwarves and elves, and when the Orcs are busy the humans can fight among themselves.
Lego helps make history fun!
Old_School_Fan
Laborer

Post by Old_School_Fan »

Mudpuppy wrote: I must say that the Vladek's Fortress is a bit larger and more internally detailed than the older castle sets. I will probably break them down to make a dark village of sorts.
That's a very good idea. I've thought about a similiar idea like a huge dark castle in the background surrounded by similiarly dark structures all coming together as a village. I got my inspiration from Kazas and I think it's very do-able!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I'll admit that I was just as unhappy with the rest of AFOLs when these colors came out, especially after KK1. But after seeing and purchasing the Crown Knights some of the KK2 figures have their uses.

The early Vladek figures with the black armor was great. I use those as an evil faction of spell users. The baby blue and green are two separate Elven factions. The red knights are a minor faction and the purple as well; I am having a hard time developing the purple faction.

The yellow and black knights with the Dragon shield are a perfect faction by themselves; I envision them like a Roman era faction on the decline. The scorpion's faction I am still figuring out where to put them.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

Voran_the_Scholar wrote:I would like to point out a fact that I think has long been neglected concerning KKII. Purple, for centuries, was considered the color of royalty. Purple cloth was in high demand and dealers in purple cloth were typically wealthy because of that. Maybe Danju's got a little money on his hands and went a little overboard. I'd hate to think of what his castle looks like.

As far as baby blue goes...we should mail all our baby blue knights to one guy who should roast them all on a grill! :twisted: And record it too, so we can all enjoy the fun. :wink:

God bless.
I gave him black hands, hips, torso armor, and pointed visor, and he looks pretty good I think. I also tossed the head and shield. I can't stand the Danju head or any of the KK2 shields.