Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Can anyone find pics of the alt models?
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

Username wrote:Can anyone find pics of the alt models?
Sure thing. Here's the first three, which are shown in the upper right-hand corner:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc31 ... r/8813.jpg

The second and third are assembled the same, but simply displayed closed and opened. The fourth one is shown here:

http://www.bricklink.com/OL/8813-1.jpg

Changing between those can be done in seconds, by the way. :wink:
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

That first alt model looks really cool, but I think the walls are just folded in. Either way, I am really looking forward to getting this set.

:D
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

I think Battle at the Pass was one of KKII's better sets. It had a lot of figs and accessories. At S@H they marked it down to $15 bucks which is when I picked up to. The best part was that most of the armor had no design on it, meaning there weren't scorpians or eagles or crowns or any of that which makes the pieces more versatile.

-Hob Took
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Hob Took wrote:I think Battle at the Pass was one of KKII's better sets. It had a lot of figs and accessories. At S@H they marked it down to $15 bucks which is when I picked up to. The best part was that most of the armor had no design on it, meaning there weren't scorpians or eagles or crowns or any of that which makes the pieces more versatile.

-Hob Took
Wish I would have seen that deal.
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

Username wrote:That first alt model looks really cool, but I think the walls are just folded in. Either way, I am really looking forward to getting this set.

:D
Well, the walls are folded closed and two parts of the walls that are connected with pins are removed from the sides and attached to the inside of the walls to make a small fort. In the second one, they're attached to the outside. In the third, it's the same as the second, but with the walls folded out. And in the fourth, one of the removable sections is removed and relocated on top of one of the walls, it looks like. Anyway, multiple sets could be attached easily, which makes it pretty sweet.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

I got this set in yesterday and put it together. THIS SET IS GREAT! If I wanted to get a kid hooked on Castle Lego, this would be the set to do it. Siege engines, a modular castle, plenty of knights and accessories. I was excited to put this set together. The only improvements I would make to this set would be to use more different faces (I think out of 10 men there were only 6 unique faces), put the 4x4 round bricks instead of the 2x2 on the battering ram and switch out a few weapons for a couple of quivers and 2 more shields. Of course, all of these changes would be easy to make with a few existing parts in the collection, and a kid probably might not really care to make any changes.

I’ve got Mistlands Tower to put together tonite. All I need to finish my KKII 2.0 collection is the Gargoyle Bridge and Rogue Knights’ Battleship.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

See, you all love KK2 really :P
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

Username wrote:I got this set in yesterday and put it together. THIS SET IS GREAT! If I wanted to get a kid hooked on Castle Lego, this would be the set to do it. Siege engines, a modular castle, plenty of knights and accessories. I was excited to put this set together. The only improvements I would make to this set would be to use more different faces (I think out of 10 men there were only 6 unique faces), put the 4x4 round bricks instead of the 2x2 on the battering ram and switch out a few weapons for a couple of quivers and 2 more shields. Of course, all of these changes would be easy to make with a few existing parts in the collection, and a kid probably might not really care to make any changes.

I’ve got Mistlands Tower to put together tonite. All I need to finish my KKII 2.0 collection is the Gargoyle Bridge and Rogue Knights’ Battleship.
Yeah, Battle at the Pass is great. I really like Mistlands Tower, as well. I'm sure you will, too. The mods I made to my Battle at the Pass was to swap out the black chains for dark bley ones, I replaced the light trans blue crystals in the torches with "dragon's fire", and then I switched the brown flagpoles and green flags with light bley flagpoles and dark blue and pearl gold flags. Now it matches my King's Castle Siege set nicely.

As for Mistlands Tower, the only change I made to it was to replace the lamps on the side door to "skateboard wheels" + "dragon's fire" torches, like the ones on the front of the King's Castle Siege, below the throne room. I also put those on my prison tower in my Tower Raid set. Not really enough to consider them MOCs, just small tweaks.

I'm getting a Gargoyle Bridge set as soon as I can. As for the Rogue Knights' Battleship, I know it goes with Gargoyle Bridge and Mistlands Tower, but it doesn't really impress me much. I'm currently considering getting Citadel of Orlan, though. It's sort of a weird set, but it has a lot of play value and good parts.