Any thoughts on 8823 Mistlands Tower?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
mrkovach
Apprentice

Post by mrkovach »

Well, this, my colleagues, is the first castle set to ever be purchased by me. I was about 10 years old and have not looked back since. Anyways, besides it being my first set, it is horrid. The only good thing is the parts, figs are meh, not a very sturdy tower. Maybe would have been better with a baseplate...
Meh :?
^You should be more concerned with what's written above^
Sir Prog
Laborer

Re:

Post by Sir Prog »

KingDavid wrote:Yep, there's plenty about this set that I'm finding on here now. I guess I should have looked around a bit more on here before posting this thread. My bad. I guess I was just excited to be getting a new set and wanted to talk about it. Anyway, it's not the best set ever, but I thought it was a good deal for $35. :P
It was a STEAL for $35 as this is a $50 set. On top of that, it's got a TON of things going for it, IMO. I got this set for my Birthday 3 years ago and sat on it for a while, waiting for the perfect time to open (which I do for all sets now :eyebrows: ). It took me all evening to build b/c I mixed the bags together b/f building (FYI: what's the deal with "numbering" the LEGO baggies in the box?!? It totally relieves the process of searching, which is a key figure of enjoyment and time orientation 8).)

Anyway, for a mid-sized set there's plenty of action: Invaders, Knights, and most importantly, the Blacksmith! Here he has a sweet shop for building great weapons. One of my favorite accessories is his fiery furnace. Also, there is the hangman's prison w/rat - COOL. And certainly not the least interesting is the fourth story tower, atop which exists this fantastic crystal ball b/w some great animal skull pieces...a solid set. I'd recommend it to any and all as a great addition. :)
For the King's Castle!
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Any thoughts on 8823 Mistlands Tower?

Post by gormadoc1 »

I didnt think knights kingdom was that fantastic because I always preffered the old 1990's castle sets and the ones that are around know but this set seems like quite a good set because of its design. I quite like it. :)
Last edited by gormadoc1 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.