Check out this guy's fantasy collection

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
RebelRock
Supreme Warlord
Supreme Warlord

Post by RebelRock »

I would be happy if someone would use their sea of minifigs to stage a huge battle. Just once...is that too much to ask? :wink: Seriously, why even take them out of the box if you're just going to stand them in straight lines?
Brik Masta
Foot Soldier

Post by Brik Masta »

Though I enjoy drooling over a good sized army every now and again. I usually have to remind myself I need the bricks more than the figs.
albero78 wrote:Impressive. I love minifigs but I agree that without the contest of a MOC they "lose something".
From the pictures it's really clear the lack of different colours for dwarves' beards.
That's what I was thinking when I looked at the Dwarves, but if you look closely it's just because the all the red-beards are standing in front of the brown and the black ones.
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

RebelRock wrote:I would be happy if someone would use their sea of minifigs to stage a huge battle. Just once...is that too much to ask? :wink: Seriously, why even take them out of the box if you're just going to stand them in straight lines?
but that would be too chaotic for the OCD collectors! look how neatly the rank and files are lined up. :D
Knight of Honor
Apprentice

Post by Knight of Honor »

Wow! This is great! I think this could be applied to one of the huge castles that was shown on this site. (Sorry my pc is too slow to make links right now) Also I wouldn't mind making an animation out of those >:D
Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations
It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces
miniflea84
Laborer

Post by miniflea84 »

RebelRock wrote:I would be happy if someone would use their sea of minifigs to stage a huge battle. Just once...is that too much to ask? :wink: Seriously, why even take them out of the box if you're just going to stand them in straight lines?
I've actually been amassing a large army for just this purpose. I've got 350-400 or so figs (so far) and I'm planning on creating a huge siege diorama to use them all in. Was originally going to enter it in the CCC, but its still in the very early planning stages. My goal is to have it ready for brickfair this year. Of course, my armies don't even come close to some that number in the thousands. I'd absolutly love to see a fully moc'd battle with that many. Whats the largest anyone has seen? I have seen some big ones but never that big.

And for the record, I'm generally impressed by army building for the sake of army building, but... come on, you've got tons of copies of the official sets lined up too? That's a bit lame.
Hob Took
Reeve

Post by Hob Took »

I'm with Rocko on this. I just can't see the point of army building if you aren't gonna use them! Who cares if you have a bunch of figs? (no offense :wink: ) If the richest man in the world bought 10,000 minifigs and stood them in a straight line is that interesting in any way? Maybe I'm just not seeing the point. But by all means send me a message if you know why people put so much money into buying minifigs to stand them up in lines.

-Hob Took
MrBlack103
Villein

Post by MrBlack103 »

Some of us (eg. me!) actually get a kick out of inventing various formations and trying to perfect their tactical effectiveness. Of course, I can't really stand it when someone (like this guy) just lines them up with no visible purpose other than to get them into as small an area as possible. I also like setting up little baseplates with small battles of one of my formations vs a disorganised but larger force. It looks quite cool with pikes skewering everything 8)
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

you actually need a line to hold to be effective. if the line is too thin, it will break and the enemy will rout your army very quickly. but having very thick lines mean lots more soldiers are standing idly by. it's a delicate balancing act. :P
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

RebelRock wrote:I would be happy if someone would use their sea of minifigs to stage a huge battle. Just once...is that too much to ask? :wink:
Just once, you ask? Okay...Jens did it once....here. :D

Seriously, I hate pics of lines of similar figs. I don't mind pics of figs. But they need to be interesting. Or at least TRY to make them interesting...

That was actually the original premise behind my Battles contest. I was trying to get the army builders to start building....obviously very few of them will. :?

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
puddleglum
Artisan

Post by puddleglum »

JoshWedin wrote: Just once, you ask? Okay...Jens did it once....here. :D
That is sweet!
CastleLord
Reeve

Post by CastleLord »

puddleglum wrote:
JoshWedin wrote: Just once, you ask? Okay...Jens did it once....here. :D
That is sweet!
No no no... That is AWESOME!

CastleLord.
CastleLord. The Lord of the castle.
TFOL and computer nerd. I do as I please and live life to the fullest!
Please visit:
and [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/castlelord/]My Flickr[/url]
jdigiovanna
Serf

Post by jdigiovanna »

In my collection armies only go up to about 60 figs. That number may go up if i ever get something worth putting permenant guards on, but for now my castle only needs about 10 gaurds plus servants, peseants, squires, priests, Ect. to make it feel full. That said the majority of my factions have around 10 men. The beauty is, in a moc you dont need more than that, okay maybe for a titanic battle :wink: ).
"Come home with this sheild or upon it."-A Spartan woman equips her son
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I will have to admit that looking at these armies makes me a little envious. I just wish that I would have the money to buy all those sets. As much as I would want armies of this size that reality is that I have limited funds and limited space. It is a lot more feasible to have 200 Orcs and imagine that they are two hundred thousand or two million for that matter. Unless I win the Lotto having thousands and thousands of figures would be insanity. But I can dream... :D

As far as showing pictures like these, hey, if this is how he enjoys his LEGO, great. I like looking at these types of armies, but thats me. Of course it would look better with a large castle for the Crown knights or Cave fortress for the Orcs for example. Maybe he's working on a colossal MOC right now? :P
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Peppermint Pig
candied swine

Post by Peppermint Pig »

That's at least 46 Trolls in that Troll/Orc army!

Looks like 12 small Orc sets... doesn't seem economical compared to the dwarf mine defender sets, but whatever! :)
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

That is very impressive. I like to have a healthy amount of figures. Enough so a castle can be well manned. I don't think I'd go quite that far though.