Check out this guy's fantasy collection

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

natelite wrote:
ottoatm wrote:I tend to agree that this army is a bit overkill (and PS, LEGO in Asia is usually more expensive than in the states), but to each their own. It's a heck of an army!
well, it may be expensive but this guy is loaded. he has a 5 br apartment. a std 3br apt rental is approx S$5k or US$3k/mth. a 5br must be penthouse size. :P no one rents out a penthouse, which means he must have bought the place.
He said a 5 room apartment, not 5 bedrooms. And total space of 110 sq/meters. What's that, about 375 sq. feet? Thats really, really, really small if my public school math is up to snuff.

Still and all, huge armies that are just lined up can be impressive just in their magnitude. I may never have that many figs, but I can appreciate the mega-armies of those who do.

We had a huge 2,000 fig battle at BrickFest '07, and I think I am leaning towards staging another such slug-fest. It was a crowd pleaser to be sure.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

The Blue Knight wrote:He said a 5 room apartment, not 5 bedrooms. And total space of 110 sq/meters. What's that, about 375 sq. feet? Thats really, really, really small if my public school math is up to snuff.
Not quite-- it's about 1184 square feet. I was in a 1200 square foot apartment before my house that was 2 bedrooms with kitchen, dining room, and living room, which is probably about comparable size-wise, I'd guess. And I was paying about $1300/month or so here in the States. I'm not sure what the relative cost would be in Singapore, though.

I'd figure by US standards, 1200 square feet is a decent size for a family with 1 or 2 kids. You've probably got 2 large bedrooms, or 3 small ones with that space. As I recall, mine had about a 12'x17' master bedroom and a 12'x14' smaller bedroom. So 3 bedrooms would be about 11'x11' each-- small, but not TOO small. But when you consider "where are you going to put all your Lego?", you may be suddenly stretched thin, depending on your collection size.

DaveE
burkey42
Freeman

Post by burkey42 »

Interesting thread hijack. Now we are typing about property prices? Any ways, go army builders -the bigger the better!
Castle Lego is my drug of choice.
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

Yeah.....if you have the coin to build armies do it. If you don't than be happy with what you got. I'm glad to see that someone spends more than me on Lego...the more money Lego makes than the more money they have to spend on new molds for new elements.
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

We had a huge 2,000 fig battle at BrickFest '07, and I think I am leaning towards staging another such slug-fest. It was a crowd pleaser to be sure.
I was going to reference this http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2420339

I was one of the ke y people that set this battle up and a good amount of the figs come from my armies.

I am an army builder and Love taking my large armies to a convention and setting up a battle. in the days before a convention I will get out all my armies and line then up and set up units so that I am reminded what I have. At brickfest 2007 I was the battle coordinator while others more able focused on the buildings. As I set my armies up in strait lines I start to get a basic idea of what the battle will look like bassed on what I have and what others said that they would bring. I had a blast setting this up with all of those that brought figs.

When I am at home I don't have a special place to put stuff that I am working on and with three kids (7, 5, and 2) soon to be four kids. A moc is not safe at my house.

that said I have learned over the last few years that I do better at ideas and battles. I can not no matter how hard I try to get what is in my mind to translate into brick. I have tried and I am almost never satisfied. That is the great thing about the community builds. I can bring my armies and those that have large or small mocs can bring their mocs and together we creat something that makes them all look better.

Merlin
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Merlin,

Wow that is a pretty neat battle! I'd love to see some close ups... or just some more pictures focused on the battle.

That cog is awesome! Any close ups? Info on its construction?

I know what you mean about nothing being safe. My two year old loves Lego. He seems to have a lego radar.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Check out this guy's fantasy collection

Post by gormadoc1 »

Oh my god :twitch: , how did he get them all.
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.