Wolfpack

Post by The Crusader »

Robbers and Thieves, or good people?

What is your take on them?
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Robbers and thieves.

I treat them as forestmen without a consience. : )
Domino Gloria!
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I always saw them as 'stealing from the rich, keeping for themselves'. So basically a gang of nasty criminals.

The Lego catalogues were a bit ambiguous on their 'morality', we just saw them stealing stuff. Why it was stolen and where it was going to were left a mystery.
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

I think very few Wolfpack raped and murdered.. just looted and fed family
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Why didn't they farm and feed family?

: )
Domino Gloria!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

I'd see them in as being on the illeagal side of things as far as social standards go. As far as good vs bad goes, I would put them in the "bad" catagory mostly for this important reason: Look at the perceived "bad" factions TLC makes. The color scheme has Red and Black with sometimes Brown throughout them. Fright Knights, Bull Knights, Wolf Pack, Shadow Knights, and the 2 newest "bad" factions Skeletons and Trolls. I'm not saying that any of these factions should be used as such, I just think that the perception is that they are on the opposite of the law. It's really no different than a sports teams colors representing a rival city.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I also use them as a neutral-bad faction. They tend to be outside the law and involved in shady activity. That said they rob and fight will all sides of the spectrum regardless of if the faction tends to be good, bad or neutral.

One of my favorite factions of all! The color scheme, sets and all were cool. I tried getting doubles of a few because there were so few sets with them.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Lcuan82
Apprentice

Post by Lcuan82 »

Since Lego caters to a younger audience, you can often tell right away whether a faction is supposed to be "good" or "bad" just by their faces - bad guys often have a smirk, frown, or deformity (ex/ eye-patch, missing tooth, scar, etc).

So, the wolfpacks are definitely meant to be "bad guys."
insurrection
Laborer

Post by insurrection »

Sir Kohran wrote:I always saw them as 'stealing from the rich, keeping for themselves'. So basically a gang of nasty criminals.
I see them as 'stealing from the rich, keeping for themselves'. So basically deacent fellas...
:)
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

The Wolfpack is definately into illegal stuff like smuggling, kidnapping, and robbing gold laden carriages travelling through the forest. I see them as the Han Solo types of the castle world. They will hire out like merenaries or for running arms. If you need something illegal taken from one city to the other, the Wolfpack is who you need to get the job done. Always for a price. Like others said, they steal from the good and steal from the bad. I wouldn't call them the "Bad Guys" because I think the dark wizards and fright knights are the ones who get that label. I don't see the Wolfpack burning villages just for the sake of burning it down, or getting off by smashing busty maidens skulls in like Trolls and Skellies do.
Sir Nelson
Old Wizard

Post by Sir Nelson »

Out of curiosity, what are you guys basing your theories on? Are the Wolfpack really a bunch of 'bad guys'? C'mon, help an old, evil wizard out here... :roll:
"Old Wizards never die, nor fade away. They just kind of operate behind the scenes and in the shadows... doing all of their weird and wonderful Wizardy things and whatnot."
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

Sir Nelson wrote:Out of curiosity, what are you guys basing your theories on? Are the Wolfpack really a bunch of 'bad guys'? C'mon, help an old, evil wizard out here... :roll:
From this, perhaps. ;) :P
Voran_the_Scholar
Landlord

Post by Voran_the_Scholar »

Well, it all depends...I really don't have an evil or bad guy faction. My factions are linked by a lot of complicated political leanings. The "baddest" faction I have is entirely unique, and is only "bad" because I have made them do bad things because I am tired of crownies in mocs and didn't want to add to that. So I used the faction that had the largest number of and most diverse figs that are also human.
May the blessing of the Lord be upon you. <><

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/voran/]Flickr[/url]
Azaghal
Landlord

Post by Azaghal »

Personally, I like to think that the Wolfpack eventually merged with the Forestmen, and the result was the short-lived Dark Forest resurgence.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

insurrection wrote:
Sir Kohran wrote:I always saw them as 'stealing from the rich, keeping for themselves'. So basically a gang of nasty criminals.
I see them as 'stealing from the rich, keeping for themselves'. So basically deacent fellas...
:)
I guess you're joking here, but just to clarify, perhaps 'stealing from everybody, keeping for themselves' is more suited to what I was thinking :wink: