(i helped you do it) :)
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
knightarmour
Serf

Re: majistos magic mania

Post by knightarmour »

thankjs. I've added some of the sets I forgot.
:twisted:
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Interesting poll. However the last two sets aren't really "Majisto" sets. They have a good wizard, but its a completely different fig from Majisto.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
the enigma that is badger
Apprentice

Post by the enigma that is badger »

JoshWedin wrote:However the last two sets aren't really "Majisto" sets. They have a good wizard, but its a completely different fig from Majisto.
Has TLG ever given a name for that new fig aside from "Good Wizard?" I'll admit that Majisto does have a great ring to it, and keeping that name (or something clearly related to it) would be a nice nod to Castle sets of old.
For no one, no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.
[url=http://flickr.com/photos/enigmabadger/]Flickr[/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I don't think any of the new Castle figures were named. Named characters was a very 1990's thing for LEGO.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

[quote="JoshWedin"]Interesting poll. However the last two sets aren't really "Majisto" sets. They have a good wizard, but its a completely different fig from Majisto.

Josh[/quote]

yes you could say that, but the good wizard does look like an updated version of majisto and im saying this because its good to keep the spirit of majisto alive :) . And thats why I dont understand why after the millenium there where wizard sets but they wernt majisto :cry: sets but they look very identical.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

gormadoc1 wrote:And thats why I dont understand why after the millenium there where wizard sets but they wernt majisto
That's because Lego moved on. There were also sets with knights, but they weren't Black Falcons...
(And no! Jayko is not a Black Falcon. And he does especially not carry the spirit of them.)
but they look very identical.
No, they don't.
(Your theory is way to unscientific to be taken seriously. ;-) Thus the whole poll is flawed. )

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

[quote]but they look very identical.[/quote]
No, they don't.
(Your theory is way to unscientific to be taken seriously. ;-) Thus the whole poll is flawed. )

Look the wizard sets do look similar just updated and im talking about the actual minifig. And the poll isnt flawed :mad: , just an area of discussion for the sets. Also how dare you say my theory is to unscientific to be taken seriousley :mad: , have you ever heard of the saying 'think outside the box' ... well thats what im doing.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

gormadoc1 wrote:Look the wizard sets do look similar just updated and im talking about the actual minifig. And the poll isnt flawed :mad: , just an area of discussion for the sets. Also how dare you say my theory is to unscientific to be taken seriousley :mad: , have you ever heard of the saying 'think outside the box' ... well thats what im doing.
Easy, son…

Well, I admit all wizards with white beards and blueish robes look remotely similar. But then again, why should all white-bearded Lego wizards now have to be Majistos, for evermore? Why would those wizards be globally uniform characters with names never to be changed? Why not think outside this box?

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

gormadoc1,

Since I helped in the brainstorming idea sessions for Castle 2007, I can tell you that there were ideas for a Good Wizard and Evil Wizard. This is why the Wizard is called The Good Wizard ( http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=5614-1 ). He is part of an entirely different version of Castle sets than Dragon Masters and is not specifically named Majisto.

A more interesting question is the identity of a magnet figure in this set:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=M428-1

He looks much like Majisto but has a grey beard and trans-neon green wand.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

Well, I admit all wizards with white beards and blueish robes look remotely similar. But then again, why should all white-bearded Lego wizards now have to be Majistos, for evermore? Why would those wizards be globally uniform characters with names never to be changed? Why not think outside [i]this[/i] box?

Bye
Jojo(quote)

I understand what your saying and i'm sorry for being so rash in my last post. The question that you have posted; I have thought about and I think that keeping it the same could give it the uniform look but I just want to keep the spirit of majisto alive. You never know you could say that the good wizard was his cousin or something like that. As long as wizard sets exist then i'm happy :D .