Would anybody be interested in this?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
KingDavid
Apprentice

Would anybody be interested in this?

Post by KingDavid »

I recently purchased an MISB 1289 Slinger (LEGO calls it 1289 Small Catapult) on BrickLink. Here's a quick pic of it. You can click it for a closer view:

Anyway, I'm collecting all the Bulls sets from Knights Kingdom I and I plan to open them on my birthday in April. Would anybody be interested in me taking some good pictures of the box, contents, and assembled set when I open it? I thought I'd ask, since there's not much known about this set outside of Japan. I understand the parts are in a printed polybag and there's a packet of candy inside, too. I've already translated the text on the front of the box. Here's what the top line says:

Katakana: ナイトキングダムツリーズ
Romaji: Naito Kingdamu Tsurizu
English: Knights Kingdom Series

And the bottom line:

Katakana: ウィーズルのストーンボンバー
Romaji: Uizuru Suton Bonba
English: Weezil's Stone Bomber

Apparently the minifig's name is Weezil, even though he's known as Patty over at BrickLink ever since someone pointed out in chat that he resembled Peppermint Patty. Anyway, here's a link to a site that apparently agrees with me on the Weezil name:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=1289-1
Q: What's the difference between a cow and a Bull?
A: A Bull smiles when you milk it.
Aliencat
Josh's Minion

Post by Aliencat »

I you have time to do it, I'd be interested in seeing the content and (short) build process of this little set.
Between plotting to kill you all and chasing balls of yarn, I also build [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/30639040@N02/albums]MOCs[/url]

[img]http://stopthetrack.com/lego/embassy/alienambassadorpng.png[/img]
outcast
Apprentice

Post by outcast »

I agree, that looks like a great little set.

Hows he gonna aim with his eyes closed? :lol:
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

Aliencat wrote:I you have time to do it, I'd be interested in seeing the content and (short) build process of this little set.
Okay, will do. Yeah, it couldn't be a long build process. It's just an impulse set. I'll probably just take a pic of the box, the contents, and the set once built.
outcast wrote:I agree, that looks like a great little set.

Hows he gonna aim with his eyes closed? :lol:
Yeah, it's a neat little set. 1288 Fire Cart was released as a non-promo set in the form of 4807 Fire Attack. It's too bad that LEGO didn't do that with this set, as 1289 is a bit on the expensive side.

Anyway, "Weezil" is supposed to have grey eyes, but it does look like he has his eyes closed with some eyeshadow on. And the freckles also lower his toughness factor. Still, he's my favorite LEGO minifig.
Rick-Ricks
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by Rick-Ricks »

I would be interested in seeing the pictures. I always thought his eyes were closed too. Also, in my opinion, if you turn Weezle's head upside down he looks like an angry person with a beard.
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

That is a very interesting set! How much did you pay for it? I remember seeing them for fortunes, even without the box.

Yeah, I'd like to see the contents and everything else too, considering information about this is so rare.

And also, considering how old the set is, I would recommend NOT eating the candy. :P
MarioDAlessio
Foot Soldier

Post by MarioDAlessio »

I would like to see the photographs King David - are you planning on trying the candy bar, I don’t mind if you wait to open the set on your birthday in April before sharing – Happy Birthday.

I have some copies but have left them misb.

It’s interesting I felt how the box design reverted back to the yellow systems Lego with these four including the outer box.

I have developed on my own initial opinions on the Bulls and Knights since 2001 and now are of the opinion that all was peaceful in the Knights kingdom by the time of the redux set of 2006.

Initially I did not like the bulls the (dragon knights) helmets with the bull horn, it put me of them but a liked the simpler helm of Weezil and the use of the later us of shadow knights helms for the redux sets.

Mario
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

CVfan13 wrote:That is a very interesting set! How much did you pay for it? I remember seeing them for fortunes, even without the box.

Yeah, I'd like to see the contents and everything else too, considering information about this is so rare.

And also, considering how old the set is, I would recommend NOT eating the candy. :P
The set was $27.50 on BrickLink. There's another one available on there at the same price from the same seller. Mine arrived in a sealed box and the box itself was in practically perfect condition. Anyway, here's the thumbnail pics, which are links to full-size images:

Front of the box:

Back of the box (which shows suggestions on how to combine various sets from the series together to form hybrid sets, Power Miners style):

Top of the box (note the pull-tab):

Bottom of the box (note the perferations around the edges of the box, which opens to show instructions on how to build the previously mentioned hybrid sets):

Contents of the opened box (the set is in a printed polybag and does come with a packet of candy):

Back of the polybag:

Flier found inside with more hybrid set images:

Inside of the opened and unfolded box:

Contents of the polybag:

The assembled set:

And the instructions:

Oh, and I did sample the candy. They're off-white star-shaped hard candy. Tastes like vanilla pudding mix. Hopefully I won't die. :wink:
sir lockt
Villein

Post by sir lockt »

April is rather soon for you ;-) (or couldnt you wait till your birthday?)

Thanks for the pics! Looking good
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

sir lockt wrote:April is rather soon for you ;-) (or couldnt you wait till your birthday?)

Thanks for the pics! Looking good
Yeah, I'm impatient. And a big Bulls fans. The army grows ever stronger.

Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

$27.50 :shock:
If your trying to build an army of Bulls you should take another look at BL. Not sure where you live but there's a CAN shop selling the big Bulls set for a mere twice what you paid for this one, a cheaper army building option for sure. I've dealt with em before and can vouch for the MISBness of them, I actually got my second Bulls Attack from them myself a few years back.
They're LASTING TOY'S INC. Check them out
Either way good luck with the army,
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
KingDavid
Apprentice

Post by KingDavid »

Ser Loktar wrote:$27.50 :shock:
If your trying to build an army of Bulls you should take another look at BL. Not sure where you live but there's a CAN shop selling the big Bulls set for a mere twice what you paid for this one, a cheaper army building option for sure. I've dealt with em before and can vouch for the MISBness of them, I actually got my second Bulls Attack from them myself a few years back.
They're LASTING TOY'S INC. Check them out
Either way good luck with the army,
Ser Loktar
Yeah, I got 6096 Bulls Attack for $50 with free shipping on there a little while back. I'm not trying build an army out of Kabaya promo sets. I'm not THAT rich. I've been buying a few of the minifigs new off of there. I can usually get them for $4 or less. Here's an updated picture of my Bulls army, which gets bigger all the time:

Old_School_Fan
Laborer

Post by Old_School_Fan »

Very fun project! I've always thought the Bull faction was very neat, and wished they would have introduced a permanent structure for them.