If you could bring back any faction?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

What faction would you like to see return?

Black Falcons
19%
Black Knights
6%
Classic
6%
Crusaders
7%
Dragon Knights/Dragon Masters
4%
Forestmen
35%
Fright Knights
1%
Knights' Kingdom 1 & Bullpack
5%
Royal Knights
5%
Wolfpack
13%

Total votes: 124

xzerix
Villein

Re: If you could bring back any faction?

Post by xzerix »

I'd like to see Crusaders (many of mine have faded torsos), Black Falcons (Who wouldn't), the Wolfpack (Non-royal faction) and the KK1 knights with a bit of a modern revamp. Can we call peasents a faction? We seem to be enojoying some good non-military/royal figs at the moment - The peasents in the market place, wizards, etc.

But my vote goes for Forestmen/Dark Forest. I was in a dark age during the Dark Forest era and I really, really regret that. Perhaps with Dark green/Dark Brown livery as we're heading into dark colours for human factions now (Vladek and Crownies both dark colours). Something in Dark Green and Silver for good guys, Dark brown and Black (Black banners!) for Bad guys?
My Other sig is funny. Honest.
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Well, it was an extremely close call between Black Knights, Forestmen, Black Falcons, Crusaders, Wolfpack, Bulls (less so KK1), and Classic, but I chose Classic because they're just so...wonderful.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Username wrote:None as I would rather see new stuff...
Blueandwhite wrote:Other than the forestmen, I'd rather see a new faction rather than rehashing the classic factions. I understand that there are some fans who feel the need to line up hundreds of the same minifig, but I'd like more variety in my ranks.
Well, wouldn't we all? This poll is entirely hypothetical and fun. Naming it "which of the following is your favourite faction?" would fit too, but certainly wouldn't sound as interesting. :)
Sir Dano
Village Idiot
Village Idiot

Post by Sir Dano »

Dragon Masters. 8)
But only if they bring back the classic dragons with them. :orc:
Brik Masta
Foot Soldier

Post by Brik Masta »

My first choice would be Forestmen, it would probably mean a lot of brown pieces and great new fig decals. If it means the return of the classic dragon, my second choice would be Dragon Masters.
BrianofBrick06
Foot Soldier

Post by BrianofBrick06 »

I think I will always have a soft spot for the Black Falcons. I wish they would bring them or other classic factions back in some form. It is a bit upsetting to hear that the Legends series is over (I have not read TLC's argument on the matter, but it just doesnt seem like a wise move to me). Anyway, the Black Falcons temporarily form one of the larger protagonist forces in my lego kingdom and they are as always one of my favorites...
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

RichardAM wrote: Well, wouldn't we all? This poll is entirely hypothetical and fun. Naming it "which of the following is your favourite faction?" would fit too, but certainly wouldn't sound as interesting. :)
If it makes you feel any better, I voted Forestmen (Dark Forest). :D

I think we've got enough Crownies now, so we can use a new forest type faction that could act as bandits, heroes or more villagers for the MMV.
Hewkiril
Laborer

Post by Hewkiril »

I voted Black Falcons, as I'd like to see a revamped version of them-they could work as human baddies today, I believe.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=162657]My Brickshelf[/url] - [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/hewkii9/]My Flickr[/url]
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

I voted for forestmen, but would like them to be peasant-looking, to fit in any army, and/or be neutral, or considered as civilians in sets like the medieval market.

By the past, and nowadays too, prisoners in any set should have been peasant, so when you have already two factions, you take one soldier from each opposite faction to make a prisoner, and make the peasant farm, or become the blacksmith.
The new castle line took me off my dark age, but I was disappointed to see that in almost each new set, I am obliged to buy skeleton or goblin (orc) stuff, as it is included in the box, it is a shame to me because I only wanted humans in my medieval lego world, orcs are not real, neither living skeletons.

The forestmen should never get color scheme so they could be taken as Elves, since forestmen are humans, not Elves, their interrests and way of life are so different that it is not possible.

If a renewed old faction came out, it should have enough differences from the older one, to be used as ennemies of the older one, but enough similarities to be mixed with the older. It may sound confusing, but when you see crusaders with lions, they can mix with lion head army.

Oh, I forgot, the crossed halberds soldiers would be nice back, with, for the first time ever, their own shield pattern, and castle. :mrgreen:
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
Suvied
Laborer

Post by Suvied »

Wolf Pack. Best outlaw group ever, something LEGO castle needs more of in the first place.

In general though, I would rather see more villagers and maidens rather than some theme.
There is someone who is always worse off than you . . . consider my peasants for example.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

ok - I'll buck the trend here. NONE!!
No "factions"!! Make heraldry in all different sorts. Keep the torsos basic and create a program and sticker sheet that allows you to create your own!
Go back to the Yellow Castle where you have four different knights in one set, two different knights in the joust set!
you know what I am talking about. Don't make the sets so heavy on one or the other - Look, I loved the crusaders, black knights, wolf pack.. I am just saying how about a bunch of sets that have a bunch of different designs? I'd even take the stickers over paint to get that!

Variety is the spice o' life. :wink:
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I think the order of the Crownies deserves a cluster of chaotic good in the form of Forestmen, evolved. The Dark Forest was the evolution of the original Forest gang and I believe would be a grand addition to the flow between Order and Evil in the current 2007-2009 Castle lines. Besides, their merry care-free lifestyle among the plenty of the woods would be most welcome.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
knight howdy
Laborer

Post by knight howdy »

i choose the foresmen because they are my faforites.
i don't know but i almost wanted to choose the fright nights...i don't know why.
So....you think you can build with lego.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

LEGOFREAK wrote:ok - I'll buck the trend here. NONE!!
I bucked the trend on the first page.

:D :lol:
Evil Ben
Freeman

Post by Evil Ben »

I'd like the simple heraldry of the Classic tournament (383) set, or something like it. Which isn't to say that I have anything against the other factions (though I'd like the Royal Knights & KKI better if the lion symbols were less cartoony...).

I'm kind of surprised that the Black Knights and Crusaders have so little support, though. Any explanations?