7079 Drawbridge Defense Review (eurobricks)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Username
Councilor

7079 Drawbridge Defense Review (eurobricks)

Post by Username »

Seems that the sets are showing up at Legoland:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... 28939&st=0
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Re: 7079 Drawbridge Defense Review (eurobricks)

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I must get to legoland soon! Must get some Gold Knights!!! The queen is a nice addition as well but looks to be a great set for the 2009 line.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Glorious! I cannot wait to have my hands upon this set. How many will I need? Hmmm, that is the question... 8)
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Definitely want to pick up this set.

I'm also quite happy with all the double sided heads we're getting lately. Though the printed backs really don't do much for me. I'd much rather they put the effort/finances into the heads...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

Athos wrote:Definitely want to pick up this set.

I'm also quite happy with all the double sided heads we're getting lately. Though the printed backs really don't do much for me. I'd much rather they put the effort/finances into the heads...

Steve
As we're getting both these days, I think it's something of a win-win situation.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

I see a problem with this set: Skeletons. The bad guys are skeletons and not orcs. Of course that is the ONLY bad thing. The awsome things, on the other hand, are:
-Queen
-Jester
-Gold Knight

Those are the awsome things. There are also some good things like Bley bricks if you are into bley. The Crownie soldier is also nice.

There, now to wait until it comes out in Canada.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
outcast
Apprentice

Post by outcast »

Elephant Knight wrote:I see a problem with this set: Skeletons. The bad guys are skeletons and not orcs. Of course that is the ONLY bad thing.
Thats a bad thing in you opinion. In mine, its great. I love the skellies. I also have a shortage of capes and no hoods whatsoever. Plus the other two sets both feature orcs.

IMO I think its great that TLC are still selling orcs while keeping the skellies alive as well. (whoops, unintended pun there :oops: ).
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.
Colonel Strider
Serf

Post by Colonel Strider »

The Gold Knights torso is cool i am going to buy this set.
~Strider~
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I think that considering it IS skeletons, you are getting 7 figures for under $40. If it had been orcses, then it would have gone up to $50 I think. As it stands this looks to be an excellent set for us part builders with good ca$h on hand for unloading extra queens and jesters. Win-win IMHO.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Crusader
Peasant

Post by Crusader »

This is definitely the must buy of the upcoming Castle sets. The figs look great, and personally I'm glad were seeing some more skellies. Sometimes Lego is too quick to sacrifice the old to make room for the new. The skeleton inclusion helps tie the 2007, 2008, & 2009 sets together. My boys will love the gold knight and my daughter will be happy to get a queen. And who doesn't love a good drawbridge?
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K.Chesterton
Blue Moon Knight
Archer

Post by Blue Moon Knight »

I'm glad we're getting a queen, though I still need the king and princess...
Maybe we will get a prince before the line ends? I might just have to get two of these, if I can.
To those who are about to Lego: toss me a few bricks.
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

I think I'll concentrate my money on Indiana Jones sets which I find more attractive than 2009 castle. In any case this set is good and appears to be the best among the three. It has 4 big pieces though... :?
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

I was going to be passing on Castle this year, but there's a generous amount of figs here, even if half are skeletons.
ThatPrimeGuy
Peasant

Post by ThatPrimeGuy »

Blue Moon Knight wrote:I'm glad we're getting a queen, though I still need the king and princess...
Maybe we will get a prince before the line ends? I might just have to get two of these, if I can.
If you really want/need a king, I could sell you one of my spares for $1.50 or something, should cover the shipping. If a cape is not absolutely necessary, PM me. (Apologies if this is against the rules or something)

As for this set, oh sweet merciful bricks i wish i knew a guy in california... with the knight being made of pearl gold i have to wonder how durable he is though
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

ThatPrimeGuy wrote:
Blue Moon Knight wrote:I'm glad we're getting a queen, though I still need the king and princess...
If you really want/need a king, I could sell you one of my spares for $1.50 or something, should cover the shipping. If a cape is not absolutely necessary, PM me. (Apologies if this is against the rules or something)

As for this set, oh sweet merciful bricks i wish i knew a guy in california... with the knight being made of pearl gold i have to wonder how durable he is though
In the future you should send a pm about selling figures or start a new thread in the Buy/Sell/Trades forum. This sub-forum should only be about discussion of LEGO Castle Sets. Thank you.

Ben
CC Sets Admin