Weekly Set Review: Dungeon

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I 100% have to agree that this is a crappy design. But its not a bad set. Its a greats part-builder. Only the fourth set (I think) with the chrome armour. Contains the Richard fig (AWESOME torso! :D ), and has a reasonable amount of other stuff.

Parts: 5/10
Playability: 6/10
Figs and Accessories: 9/10 (gotta love that armour!)
Design (contemporary): 6/10
Design (universal) 5.5/10
Nostalgia: 7/10 (Love that fig! Best torso ever.)

Overall score: 6.42/10 (C-)
Last edited by Formendacil on Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I really like this set. The awesome fig, never really like the brim helm, but you get another with the skeleton. Nice armor, axe bricks and the wall piece is nice if you have a lot to add some depth to large flat walls. 9/10.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

jamitjames wrote:What were the other ones? I would really like some pictures, thanks :D
Have a look:

All four @ Lugnet

Bye
Jojo

Last edited by Jojo on Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

well as other said it, the design is bad and afterall the overlook of the set is bad.

However I bought 5 of this set, why? well as you all said the great chrome braseplate of course, the skeleton and also very importent is the fact that I like and wanted more of this minifig, this minifig was up until that set only in 2 big other sets 6096 and 6098, so I had only 2 of it and I wanted much more.

Not a good set, but again worth it for several reasons

Final score: 7/10
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I give it 9/10. I don't think the design is great, but it has wonderful pieces. The guy with the armour, shirt and pants and face, and even the helment (thought only for the worst soilder). Then there is the skeleton, the other helment, the base, a few gray bricks and the big window piece. I don't think it is such a bad piece, if you can use it right. I know that it didn't actually exist, but hey, dragons didn't exist and they made them. I don't want to start an arrugument, but I don't think that lego was designed to be historical.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Jehkar
Peasant

Post by Jehkar »

Like others have said, the design stinks. Bad turret peice, which I have too many of now.
Its saving grace is the knight. The torso is always put to good use. And i can always use another skeleton. And the breatsplate is good to have.
4/10

Also-Just buy Castle Accesories to get cheap skeletons. Plus some castle elements.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Megablocks followed with him." Revelations 6:8
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

This set is far from a great design. There is no possibility to build something else with this set. I don't like the big green baseplate at all. They are too big. Ok, they can be useful for lanscaping, but as a set it's ugly.

And they called it dunjeon !!! This is not a dunjeon. The main minifig is nice, but that's all. Again, they put 2 other flames pieces.

The only thing that I like from this set is the main minifig.

I give it a 5/10
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

jamitjames wrote:What were the other ones? I would really like some pictures, thanks
Jojo was nice enough to link to the lugnet images. I am currently working on the cc archives for the year 2000 so these sets should be done soon with pictures, prices, etc.

I also have mixed feelings about this set. The size of the set, number of figures, accessories, etc are great. But unlike sets such as 6041 Armor Shop, you can not make much else out of this set. Plus, how does it attach to the castle. This is an ok jail, but definitely not a dungeon.

Ben E.
Sets Admin
Jyp
Peasant

Post by Jyp »

David Girard wrote:And they called it dunjeon !!! This is not a dunjeon. The main minifig is nice, but that's all. Again, they put 2 other flames pieces.
As other, I don't like these too small towers and the torches! Look, the soldier weapon is higher than the roof! the crenels are very too low! And I don't understand what is the scale.
But the minifigs are nice, especially the armor!
I would prefer this set a bit less expensive without the stupid tower, or a bit more expensive with a real tower.
hbl951
Serf

Post by hbl951 »

well a worthless set if you are lookin for pieces, but if you want weapons shields minifigs this aint bad, the silver armor obviously make it better. a 7/10
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

hbl951 wrote:well a worthless set if you are lookin for pieces, but if you want weapons shields minifigs this aint bad, the silver armor obviously make it better. a 7/10
Um...you contradicted yourself.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Emperor James wrote:
hbl951 wrote:well a worthless set if you are lookin for pieces, but if you want weapons shields minifigs this aint bad, the silver armor obviously make it better. a 7/10
Um...you contradicted yourself.
Pieces, my dear Emperor, are wholly and completely distinct from Minifigs and Accessories.

At least in the common terminology employed by the denizens of this site.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

This is the worst of the value-sets in witch you got the special chrome-parts to build the super bull soldier.

It's stupid and pointless, it has no connection to the main castle. although the figs are good, but is it a dungeon or a dunjon?
Is'nt a dungeon supposed to be under ground?

no good.

-Joel.
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

kajo163 wrote:Is'nt a dungeon supposed to be under ground?
I think they were thinking dungeon, as in: place-to-store-prisoners, not as in underground-damp-nasty-place.

All the same, I don't think that this would be very effective as a dungeon/jail.

I mean, all the guard has to do is turn his back, and POOF! the prisoner's gone.