Scan Request!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Scan Request!

Post by davee123 »

Here's an odd request for anyone willing and able-- Does anyone have a more decent instruction scan (or can get a more decent scan) of sets 1480, 1547, and 6004?

I'm about to start conducting a series of BrikWars games using old castle sets (1978-1999), and I've been making stat cards for each vehicle/weapon using the images in the instruction booklets, in order to give them a slightly more official feel. So I've been either scanning in my own copies, or using the Peeron instruction scans, and doing a little Photoshop work on them to add them to my stat cards. However, these 3 sets in particular are of pretty poor image quality in the Peeron database, and I don't have copies of the instructions. And I'd really like something that looks cleaner.

Anyway, on the off-chance that it's possible, I figured I'd ask...

DaveE
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: Scan Request!

Post by architect »

Are the instructions below better quality?

http://www.hccamsterdam.nl/brickfactory/

Ben
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Re: Scan Request!

Post by davee123 »

architect wrote:Are the instructions below better quality?
Nope-- I had checked there, but it looked like they just copied the Peeron scan images. Upon closer inspection, looks like they match down to the byte count. Probably should've mentioned that in the above post, sorry.

For the purposes of the BrikWars game, it's probably fine to have sloppy images. They're still identifiable and all-- although I was hoping to post the stat cards and other stuff online, which will look kinda sloppy on some of the cards. It's also making me think that I might scan in a bunch of my instructions anyway, and add higher res scans to Peeron for what I've got. A lot of the instructions are ~ok~, but are clearly messy when printed. Guess I'll see if I'm that ambitious later on :)

DaveE