If you could bring back any Castle Subtheme...

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
veevers24
Newbie of the Month

Re: If you could bring back any Castle Subtheme...

Post by veevers24 »

For me it has to be lion crusaders, however if lego did bring them back i wouldn't like to see them altered in any way
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

Wolfpack. They were HAWT and PREDATED the nWo (wrestling's famed and popular "wolfpack").

This faction has room for expansion and would profit from the modern technology of Lego's castle hiding places.

They'd make a great and dramatic comeback that'd leave buyers feeling a TV-finale sized cliffhanger in stores! 8)
For the King's Castle!
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

I, this is my first post on the forum

If Lego decide to bring back an old faction or subtheme what would it be?

My vote would be for Black Falcon and Florestmen one shouldn't be there without the other. The original run was crusaders and black falcons as neutral and floresmen as evil.

The Black Falcons (with redesigned torsos to look like a modern castle minifig, but with the same blue and black colors and logo also with black helmets and armor) should have a small Keep like the original 6074 with black roof and be something like and foreign power or a neutral power, the Florestment should have also a small keep (in ruins as their home base, the should be present a full knight armor set in the floresmen colors) to display a fallen Medieval Lord.

This would create a 5 faction theme. Lions vs Dragons (main factions), Falcons (neutral), Florestmen (Evil/good for civilians) and civilian (neutral). Note that i placed the civilians since there is a medieval civilian set from the previous castle theme, and would be a good idea to make a expasion to that set, like a medieval farm, a windmill, a small church (i'm not religious but it was part of the medieval life in europe) a tournement stand similar to the one in set "6060 Knight's Challenge" also a small port with a cog or other small medieval merchant ship would be nice.

Two last things to point out, in Lingdoms the Lion faction horses have a a horse armor (head and saddle) so should be for dragons, falcons and florestmen (even if it is a fallen lord), tthe other thing is the should be legs parts for female minifigs, Lego could do the same that they did for a Star Wars set minifig Asajj Ventress in 7676 Republic Attack Gunship set.

Hope that i havent bored you, lol.

Thoriun

p.s. sorry for the english, not my mother language and it has been a while since i last spoke ou wrote in english.
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

not sure I want to revive any theme I guess I was all for it 5 years ago but now not so much
basically I can divide all the sub themes into 3 categories keep repeating themselves one way or another

I-

2 great empires of knights: good(lion) and evil(dragon/falcon)

lion: crusaders, royal knights, KKI -lion, kkII - lions, Crowns, kingdom - Lions
dragon: BF, BK, KKII - Scorpions, Kingdom - Dragon

II- outlwas: Robin Forest-man, WP and Dark Forest

III- magical marauders using evil wizards and dragons: DM, FK, KKI - Bulls, Crowns - the skeletons/orcs

so there are not a lot of difference between them too much
However I prefer that they'll make more a civilian theme which you might say they started with 10193
more people theme rather then soldiers more houses, taverns, forges, farms etc..
less much less catapults and war machines a lot of them are designed badly anyhow

The Dark Forest is probably the only sub theme that they never did much with it was like an accident between Robin meets the WP gang so maybe they can developed that once more and well we already have a new Robin:)
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

I agreed with one point, lego siege sets never were really very good i see one exception that was in set 6061 the siege tower, but i wood perfer it in brown color since they were mainly build in wood.

As far as the rest goes, i wouldnt put the falcons as evil but as a neutral force, but could change the florestmen together with dragons as evil, so far the dragons don't have a lord and are ruled by a wizard, so the florestmen as i wrote yesterday could be part of a fallen lord story arc.

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

I'd have pick the Black Falcons. While I really like the Crusaders/Lion Knights (which are basically the same faction) Lego has used the lion as a symbol in near every castle theme to date. It would be nice to see the Black Falcons again.
Halberd777
Laborer

Post by Halberd777 »

It appears that forestman and wolfpack are the major themes that people want back. On the other hand the Black Falcon's are also a big want. A logical reasoning for wolpack being brought back is that it was never explored much, there are only a few sets. The forestman\dark forest theme was explored a little more but it was only a few sets then you had to wait a long time until the next release of them. I would like to know the average age of those who want the Black Falcon's back, I don't mean to be rude however I think those who want the Black Falcon's back are looking at the sets from nostalgia. Yes Lego could probably make new modern sets but honestly they Black Falcon's had a good run. Yes the Black Falcon's had a cool coat of arms but come on. I think lego should continue to create more cool coats of arms instead of re-explore and old theme unless to make it more of a them like the Wolpacks.

My opinion on it is lego should continue with new themes unless of course they want to flesh out themes that were opened but not really explored. Wolfpack or the Bull's attack theme with a castle but you would have to either bring king leo back or add it to current kingdoms.

Please note I am trying to add a logical non-bias approach on the majority of what it appears we want from this post.

If I did not I would want the forestman theme brought back. :D
Dr.Cogg
Laborer

Post by Dr.Cogg »

Updated Forest Men(or Elves :D ), New Wolf pack and a new more Gothic version of Fright knights :orc: .
Last edited by Dr.Cogg on Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Ben
Freeman

Post by Evil Ben »

Dr.Cogg wrote:Freight knights .
I know this was just a typo, but it conjured in my mind a delightful vision of a whole subtheme of medieval transport, with sets ranging from a packhorse, through carts, to a merchant ship and harbour... [wistful sigh]
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

As I've been going through my castle figs putting armies together, I definitely like some re-hash of old coats of arms, so I'd be interested in many re-issues.

It would be fun to see some new forest men, perhaps the existence of an updated forest man in the collectible figs is a good sign.

I also wouldn't mind seeing more Black Falcons.

New Wolfpack would also be nice.

Frank
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

For minifigs, I'd love to see a cross between Royal Knights and Crusaders. I loved the Crusaders crest, but I also really liked the pristine white used in the Royal Knights-- it always made them seem more "pure" to me.

For castles, I'd love to see another modular set of castles that was as iconic as the old classic system. Doesn't have to be exactly the same standard, but something that's similarly nondescript in terms of "good" or "evil". I suppose that would mean a Crusader/Black Falcon style of castle.

Oh, and I know I'll be one of the few to say this, but I might also like to see the Trolls re-imagined.

Apart from that, I'm not terribly interested in seeing the other factions make a return. They were nice, but I'm sated with their existing offerings. Personally, I'd love to see some more fantasy-style factions-- "frozen north", or "floating isles", or something like that.

DaveE
krzyzak
Foot Soldier

Post by krzyzak »

I like all castle factions except for kingdoms and kk1. It would be great for lego to bring back the old classic castle, but I would not like it if the factions were modernized. :mad:
You've got to ask yourself one question,"Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img]
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

I would LOVE to see a revamped Black Knights & Black Falcons type theme... But since we've seen Dragons, Lions, Crowns, Falcons/Hawks, how about the emblem being that of a Horse's head? Like the Horsehead which represents the Knight in Chess.

Imagine a mix between Fantasy Era and Kingdoms in terms of sets, but this time the good guys wear Black (mostly)! Secondary colors can be Light Blueish Grey, White, and Pearl Gold.

Their leaders would be a Black Knights King, Queen, Prince (leads armies into battle like Princess Storm did for Knights Kingdom I), and of course a Princess, who isn't a damsel, but is a Good Witch type of character. Being that their symbol is a Horse, they should have TONS of horses and mounted Knights. Think Rohirrim cavalry with knights clad in heavy Gondorian armor, and of course horse-helmets and horse-barding galor for the mounted Knights!

Their enemy can be some raider-zombie (silvery eyes) type faction similar to the Bulls, and lead by a malevolent yet beautiful Witch in Purple (Morgana Le Fay, or the Evil Queen from Snow White); Purple being a faction color not yet seen in Castle.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
dwarf master
Gong Farmer

Post by dwarf master »

vikings all the way! :) Maby without the monsters though...
magic is for those who dont have a axe
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Forestmen and Wolfpack. I also really enjoy the trolls and would like to have a chance to pick up a few more of them.
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!