Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Ever notice this before?(opposite Black Falcon crest)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

Re: Ever notice this before?(opposite Black Falcon crest)

Postby 6086ftw » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:13 pm

divonic wrote:definitely show a pic.

Hi there, since it's quite late at the moment overhere i'll be posting a pic tomorrow.
6086ftw
Serf

Postby Grant W. » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 pm

That's pretty interesting!
Grant W.
Serf

Postby 6086ftw » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Well sorry for the delay but here's atleast a pic i took just a few min ago.
I also seem to have an inverse 2 axed crusader torso (inverse sides) but it's quite a bit faded, if interested i can post a pic, same goes for 2 seemingly 'white' (both types, where the lion s kind of white and on the other the background) crusader shields (no discoloration) but its not that significant i'd say.

6086ftw
Serf

Postby lord_of_orks » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:52 pm

wow, that's quite a misprint.
Image brickshelf flicker
one for all! all for one! every man for him self!
lord_of_orks
Squire

Postby Eklund » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:33 pm

6086ftw wrote:Well sorry for the delay but here's atleast a pic i took just a few min ago.
I also seem to have an inverse 2 axed crusader torso (inverse sides) but it's quite a bit faded, if interested i can post a pic, same goes for 2 seemingly 'white' (both types, where the lion s kind of white and on the other the background) crusader shields (no discoloration) but its not that significant i'd say.

That is really interesting. Show the crusader misprints you described too, and any others.
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImageImage
My Flickr
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Postby 6086ftw » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:23 am

Eklund wrote:
6086ftw wrote:Well sorry for the delay but here's atleast a pic i took just a few min ago.

That is really interesting. Show the crusader misprints you described too, and any others.

I'll try to take some pictures soon, the shields will be harder to turn up again but ill do my best.
6086ftw
Serf

Postby divonic » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Whoa that's extreme. not even sure that you could use that variation in a faction and make it work right.
divonic
Laborer

Postby Lego Stu » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:51 am

I've checked, and I have two reversed falcon torsos. I haven't gotten any since their first release and I remember what sets I had: 6030 Catapult, 6062 Battering Ram, 6073 Knight's Castle, and 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress. The only one with 2 BF torsos is the catapult. I don't remember noticing as a kid, but I think it's possible that they both came from there.
Lego Stu doesn't advertise.
Lego Stu
Villein

Postby melonkernel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Lego Stu wrote:I've checked, and I have two reversed falcon torsos. I haven't gotten any since their first release and I remember what sets I had: 6030 Catapult, 6062 Battering Ram, 6073 Knight's Castle, and 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress. The only one with 2 BF torsos is the catapult. I don't remember noticing as a kid, but I think it's possible that they both came from there.

I wonder if it is possible to tell from the boxes / instructions if they are supposed to be like that for certain sets.
But i guess they are misprints. How do/did they btw print the torsos in order to be able to get the head pointing the wrong side, taking the wrong color i can understand, but the wrong pointing head?. Although, if they use stencil (is that the correct word?) sheets and put the stencil upsidedown when they do the printing it would of course make the head point the wrong side. Did they do it by hand at some stage?

... now i will have to go though my falcons as well :D
melonkernel
Apprentice

Postby mencot » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:50 pm

This is almost epic fail :lol: :D
Sir Mencot Paladin and rogue
ImageImageImage
Flickr
mencot
Twifealdlic Builder

Postby Lego Stu » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:23 am

I wonder if it is possible to tell from the boxes / instructions if they are supposed to be like that for certain sets.
But i guess they are misprints.

Good idea, but I've gone through my instructions with no avail.
Lego Stu doesn't advertise.
Lego Stu
Villein

Previous

Return to LEGO Castle Sets