The Kingdoms Sets released!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
domboy
Freeman

Re: The Kingdoms Sets released!

Post by domboy »

domboy wrote: I find it interesting there are subdued fantasy elements still in this new castle line.
Another fantasy element that I somehow hadn't noticed... the small wizard set 7955 includes a baby dragon (finally noticed when I read the review). So unless the wizard just likes baby dragon statues, I figure he must have it for a pet. I had noticed two of this same baby dragon piece on 7947 Prison Tower Rescue, but I assumed they are part of the tower's decor, kind of like gargoyles.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Another fantasy element that I somehow hadn't noticed... the small wizard set 7955 includes a baby dragon. So unless the wizard just likes baby dragon statues, I figure he must have it for a pet. I had noticed two of this same baby dragon piece on 7947 Prison Tower Rescue, but I assumed they are part of the tower's decor, kind of like gargoyles.
This piece is baby Norbert from the Harry Potter sets, it is not new. In fact it was introduced in 2001 and it comes in three colors.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
domboy
Freeman

Post by domboy »

Bluesecrets wrote:
Another fantasy element that I somehow hadn't noticed... the small wizard set 7955 includes a baby dragon. So unless the wizard just likes baby dragon statues, I figure he must have it for a pet. I had noticed two of this same baby dragon piece on 7947 Prison Tower Rescue, but I assumed they are part of the tower's decor, kind of like gargoyles.
This piece is baby Norbert from the Harry Potter sets, it is not new. In fact it was introduced in 2001 and it comes in three colors.
Yeah, I figured that out sometime after my post... rummaging around Bricklink I found the harry potter sets of which I have none.
plucky
Laborer

Post by plucky »

AHAHAHAHAHA!

I don't log in here for a LONG time (due to life in general), and getting camping supplies at Target, I walk down the Lego isle and find KINGDOMS?! Nice surprise!

I was about to buy one of the board games to take camping, but then I saw the Kingdoms stuff and went OOOHHH! I only picked up the little carriage set so far (and haven't unpacked it from the car), but I have to say my first impression was "Oooh, shiny!"
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Shhhhhhh! :lol:
I was so happy surprised that Target had them that I almost bought the lot of them. I am in an area that does not have a Toys R Us so I thought that I was stuck until August to get them. The funny thing is that I have purchased quite a few of the #7950 Knight's Showdown (20+) and they still haven't run out. Perhaps they received the order that the Toys R Us would have received. The local Wal-Mart hasn't had any yet, which doesn't surprise me. In California, where I used to live, Toys R Us always had the best selection with the earliest new product. Target was second and Wal-Mart last. I guess a harty thank you goes to Target in this case! 8)
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
plucky
Laborer

Post by plucky »

Shhhhhhh
Oops! Sorry to give your secret away *lol*
Is there anyone from the forums shopping in your area? :mrgreen:
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

There is a Bricklink store that is located in the same city as me, but I haven't seen any Kingdoms minfigures(or other items) for sale yet on their site. I'm thinking (and hoping) that they get a better deal buying from LEGO corp direct. Their prices are on the higher side. They could also be more interested in Star Wars than Castle. :roll: More for me I hope. :wink:

As far as other CC persons go I'm not sure. I know for a fact that there are some pretty hard core Matchbox and Hot Wheel colectors out here who raid the local Wal-Mart around 4:00am (per a Wal-Mart manager). I noticed that when Target put some of their Prince of Persia items on sale, they went quick, but that could be non FOLs.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!