Weekly Set Review: Horse Cart

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

6022 is a classic Lego set. I can't really add anything that is not already in the set’s description:
Horse Cart, released in 1984, was the first cart for the Lion Knights. This set also includes a horse and saddle, an archer, a driver/soldier, a round shield, and various weapons.
If only set such as this were still around today at the original prices....

-The Josh
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Or even at modern (highway robbery) prices, this would still be worth it: a great army builder wtih generic soldiers and weapons. No duplication of heroes and such here.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

Thanks for the precision Architect. This is Lion Knights and not Crusaders. Crusader is not a faction name.

Back to subject. 6022 is a good set. I like all the piece in this set. The round shield are really nice. I'd like to have more of these. A good assortiment of weapons. A nice selection of figure.

I agree that it's not balanced. The back of the cart is always going down...

The name "Horse Cart" is not very informative ( I don't know much Lego Castle Cart not containing a Horse). I don't like this name. I prefer the german name "Turnierwagen", which mean Tournament Wagon. It gives a purpose for this set !

I give 9/10
Donut
Councilor

Post by Donut »

I think this was the cheapest way to obtain round shields being that this set is rather small.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This is probably the epitome of Classic-Castle. A small, inexpensive set for kids, with a simply designed cart packed with accessories, and a couple of generic soldiers. Hopefully LEGO moves into creating sets like this in the near future.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

The set's great. It is cheap, comes with bunches of weapons, round shield, and good amount of figures (both animal and human).

But why do we do re-reviews when there are some sets that have yet to be reviewed at all?

God's speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Emp.Justinian wrote:But why do we do re-reviews when there are some sets that have yet to be reviewed at all?
With the exception of sets released starting with KK2, most castle sets have been reviewed once on CC. 6022 for example was first reviewed almost three years ago. Now there are new members who would like to add their thoughts on this set. If you do have a suggestion for a set review that has not been done yet, send me a pm. I still need to add links to forum review on some set archive pages.

Ben
CC Sets Admin
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

Ok, I might as well just start reviewing sets based on what I'd say if I actually owned them.

This has a very good selection of pieces, nice figs (yay for classic smileys!), and a horse. It looks very nice.

Architect, what about adding a link in the review posts back to the CC database? Then more people might find out about it. I myself often forget that it's there.

~smcginnis
Learning French.

Say it "ESS-MICK-GIN-ISS", with a hard "G", as in "get".

I'm a Pumpkin.

[url=http://www.freerice.com/]Free Rice[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

smcginnis wrote:Architect, what about adding a link in the review posts back to the CC database? Then more people might find out about it. I myself often forget that it's there.

~smcginnis
Thank you for the suggestion. I added the archive page link to the first post in this thread ( http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/6022.html ) In newer reviews, I always add this, but some of the old reviews do not have the link.

Ben
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

This is another one of those awesome little sets LEGO needs to really bring back.
Which they pretty much did with the crossbow attack set in this year's line!
Thank you LEGO!!!

I got this via eBay a while ago and for the size it's a nice set. Figs are nice and for the set there are enough of 'em. The parts are just fine.

My main concern with this set is that it tips back often, especially if laden with any amount of armorment or spoils!
But that's small potatoes...
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
ericgizmo
Freeman

Post by ericgizmo »

good set like the figs and the price if it were today it would cost 5 dollars lego dont sell stuff for 3 andy more
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

Real classic lego here, very cheap set that comes with some guys and useful parts. The only thing I don't like are the axe torso design as opposed to the Lion insigna.
Blue Head
Steward

Post by Blue Head »

not bad. Something I would buy with my money. 8-10
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

In short;

A great army builder for a small cost "back in the day". Two soldiers plus a horse with a saddle. Good times for all! The Crusaders are one of the two factions I think of first when someone says "Castle Lego".
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Great little set. Lots of standard bricks and parts. A good selection weapons and equipment. Two figures. Horse, with saddle. Low price. What more can you ask for?

Lego please make more like this...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]