Review: 2010 Kingdoms advent calendar

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Re: Review: 2010 Kingdoms advent calendar

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

sidewinderl wrote:I really like that there've been plenty of extra weapons and even an extra quiver...but my lion knight has pinkitus. At least my tavern wench turned out ok...was really hoping to get a good one after my MMV one was a...bust.
The knights in this calandar are the first Lion Knights I've gotten. The crossbowman in yesterday's box (I think it was yesterday) has not the slightest sign of pinkitis. But I did notice the thinnest line of silver flashing along the bottom of the white square on his front. Under a jeweler's loop I'd say it was no more than a tenth of a millimeter. And, sure enough, along the top in an equally thin line the white seemed to appear pinkish. So I'm guessing that's how Lego solved the pinkitis question -- underlaying the white paint with a layer of silver.

I noticed that the fur trim along the Prince's tunic appears slightly pinkish, too. But I really don't think it's bothersome, and never would have noticed it if I hadn't been reading these forums.
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

Frank_Lloyd_Knight wrote:I noticed that the fur trim along the Prince's tunic appears slightly pinkish, too. But I really don't think it's bothersome, and never would have noticed it if I hadn't been reading these forums.
Mine has pinkish fur too, but I think it's not so bad as is, so I didn't claim another one to TLC.
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
Coatsy
Laborer

Post by Coatsy »

I had a lot of fun with this year's Castle advent calendar. Each pack had extras in it such as spears, swords, apples, and the queen's crown. All in all it was a nice set for Christmas, and I'm glad that TLC put it out. I can only hope they do something like this again in the future.
Herb Coats

"Chimichanga!"
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Okay, so all opened, and for the most part, I am happey with it. There were some days were the item was a little under-welming, but there were others that were awesome.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

I was quite amazed at the number of extra pieces that came with this. On days when I thought I was only supposed to get 1 sword, I ended up with 3. I think there were 3 wands in there for the last day, which I was quite surprised at. Not that I need a plethora of trans-neon-yellow wands, but it was still nice regardless.