Second Kingdoms Wave?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
SevFalcon
Laborer

Re: Second Kingdoms Wave?

Post by SevFalcon »

Gothano wrote:
legosammy wrote:
Has any buddy seen the shield on the set 10214 Tower Bridge perhaps a templar knights faction .
This is the shild of the City of London logo and has nothing to do with a templar knights faction coming soon! :)
Templar knights faction? Hope you're right.... :)
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

I think it would be neat if Lego continued the Kingdoms line. Perhaps they could do a remake of the Black Falcon faction like they did with the other two. That would be cool!
Last edited by J_MAN on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

J_MAN wrote:I think it would be neat if Lego continued the Kingdoms line. Perhaps they could do a remake of the Black Falcon faction like they did with the other two. Thats my tow cents.
Honestly, I think the current Dragon Faction is meant to stand in for the Falcon faction of old. In other words, they are the non-Lion faction. They don't get the king, they get smaller castles, they are portrayed as the bad guys, and they look so much cooler.

I would expect to see a few new sets next summer. Probably something featuring the Red Queen from the Advent Calendar. I would not expect to see a new faction until the 2012 lineup at the earliest, just based on past patterns. I agree with other posts that forestmen do not make sense due to the Dragon faction already being so heavily into green and brown. Shame too. I think a new take on forestmen using Dark Green and Dark Brown parts would look awesome.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Baron Greenbriar
Villein

Post by Baron Greenbriar »

rogue27 wrote:
Honestly, I think the current Dragon Faction is meant to stand in for the Falcon faction of old. In other words, they are the non-Lion faction. They don't get the king, they get smaller castles, they are portrayed as the bad guys, and they look so much cooler.
I agree with this. A new line just came out so the TLC are probably not in a rush to make a new one. Also don't the bad guys alway look that much cooler :P Smaller castles aren't necessarily worse though sometimes it means it is easier to acquire the faction that has this trait as the sets cost less.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Given how many people here like the Falcon faction I wouldn't be suprised to see the Falcons as one of the next factions after the Lions/Dragons are done. It would be nice to see the Falcons with a possible Forestmen (the new elf with the Stag shield). That being said I am still enjoying the current Lion and Dragon factions and am not in a hurry for what comes up next. It will come soon enough, and liberate any spare cash on hand.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

They had better continue this line... I'm still waiting for the prices of those torsos and great helms to drop below a dollar each. It is quite difficult to equip 30 - 60 man units with helmets and torsos that expensive. :?
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

rogue27 wrote:
J_MAN wrote:I think it would be neat if Lego continued the Kingdoms line. Perhaps they could do a remake of the Black Falcon faction like they did with the other two. Thats my tow cents.
I guess I disagree. I think the Dragon Knights represent the older Black Knights. You could be right however.
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:Given how many people here like the Falcon faction I wouldn't be surprised to see the Falcons as one of the next factions after the Lions/Dragons are done. It would be nice to see the Falcons with a possible Forestmen....
It would be cool to see a remake of the Forestmen. Lego just made the Robin Hood and Elf figures. By the way where can I find a picture of the new Elf mini-fig?
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

J_MAN wrote:... By the way where can I find a picture of the new Elf mini-fig?

Not mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jake_snick ... 300711159/
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

SevFalcon wrote:
J_MAN wrote:... By the way where can I find a picture of the new Elf mini-fig?

Not mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jake_snick ... 300711159/

Thanks, it looks cool. I'll have to get me one of them. Does anyone know when they release in the U.S.?
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Just by looking at some of the Bricklink sellers it looks like they have been released in the northwest corner of the US already.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:Just by looking at some of the Bricklink sellers it looks like they have been released in the northwest corner of the US already.
-Tower
Oh, I live in Washington so I'm surprised I haven't seen them yet. I'll have to keep my eyes open. Thanks.
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

Hey guys, lets keep this about the original topic and collectifig talk in {viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19897]this thread.[/url] If you must discuss finds of the items in question, the b/s/t forum may be more to your liking but the Series 3 thread contains discussion and finds all wrapped in one. Thanks guys.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Gatekeeper
Villein

Post by Gatekeeper »

I hope we hear something official from Lego on the Second Wave soon... :)
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

George Bernard Shaw
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Honestly it's too early to expect anything 'Official' for Kingdom's second wave, it's set to release July 2011 if I'm remembering correctly...
Sure it'd be nice to hear some news sooner rather than later but I don't expect it real soon.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.