Second Kingdoms Wave?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: Second Kingdoms Wave?

Post by Bluesecrets »

It IS too early for official information. Any other information IS a leak and not permitted at Classic Castle.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

the ultra strict CC leak policy pretty much stunts all discussion and speculation on future products here. By the time the lid is lifted, everything to be said has been said on other sites.

Just wondering what CC garners in exchange for this massive handicap? I'm not being critical or saying it isn't worth it, just curious. I mean if holding the company line on leaks gets us more direct access/gets our suggestions wants and ideas heard then it is well worth it. Otherwise it all seems kinda pointless.

I mean seriously, do we think Mega Brands doesnt have images of those retailer books?
Domino Gloria!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

timber_wolf899 wrote:the ultra strict CC leak policy pretty much stunts all discussion and speculation on future products here. By the time the lid is lifted, everything to be said has been said on other sites.

Just wondering what CC garners in exchange for this massive handicap? I'm not being critical or saying it isn't worth it, just curious. I mean if holding the company line on leaks gets us more direct access/gets our suggestions wants and ideas heard then it is well worth it. Otherwise it all seems kinda pointless.

I mean seriously, do we think Mega Brands doesnt have images of those retailer books?
LEGO has been very generous to Classic-Castle during the past eight years by donating to our contests, granting interviews, preview images, and chats with fans. I would like to think that there is a mutual trust between us and TLG. Many fan suggestions have been passed along via the ambassadors and by designers reading threads here. The very fact that highly sought after elements will likely be featured in new castle products is proof that fan ideas are reaching the designers.

I do agree that TLG needs considerable improvement in how they announce new products by working with new media (facebook, flickr, youtube, twitter, and AFOL sites like Classic-Castle). If fan sites were provided with preview images earlier than a week before products were released, the feedback could be very beneficial to the company. The LEGO Ambassadors are pushing for this type of increased communication between TLG and fan sites.

Unfortunately the way TLG was originally structured as a family company with marketing divisions for each country is detrimental to communication with fans and the general public. Often the marketing people, for which there is high turn over, just "do not get it". The Community Team and LEGO Designers can request that fans receive official information in a more timely manner, but it is not always within their control.

We hope that increased dialogue between fans and LEGO will create changes in the TLG's new product announcement methods.

We ask that Classic-Castle members refrain from posting watermarked images of sets that were not intended for public release. Feel free to discuss the leaks in Classic-Castle chat with other fans. The admins will discuss your concerns and decide whether any changes in our leak policy are necessary. Thanks.

Ben Ellermann
CC Sets Admin
LEGO Ambassador
troll
Laborer

Post by troll »

Titles of new sets, from brickset.

Please read the above and notice that your post has been edited by a moderator.
Look! it's a troll, it's a funny troll! ---> :orc:

"When nothing goes right, go left"
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I think it is sad that TLC does not allow more time between the set pictures offical release and their arrival, or worse when they hit the shelves before the official pictures. For many of us it is just nice to see the cool sets we get to looks forward to.

Personally I know of a few places where they post leaked info and I have to admit I will go from time to time there to take a look at what is coming out but as far as Lego goes the CC to me is home. I do feel like it is a bit sad we cannot comment on the new sets on this forum until TLC releases the offical pics as by that point some places already have them on the shelves, which is sort of pointless as once the sets are out the offical pictures are somewhat pointless. I think the new line looks awesome which is sad that we cannot talk about the specific things TLC is doing well but such is their policy and if that is what it takes to remain on their good side then I'd agree with the CC that is the way to go.

Heir of Black Falcon
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Ben;

Very interesting information. Thanks for the post.

As a side note, I find it sad that marketing has a high turnover. For many of us, a job selling lego would be almost as good as a job designing lego!
Domino Gloria!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

timber_wolf899 wrote:Ben;

As a side note, I find it sad that marketing has a high turnover. For many of us, a job selling lego would be almost as good as a job designing lego!
I would have thought the same, are there no AFOLs that are Marketing professionals as well? Too bad LEGO doesn't need more in-house accountants. ;)
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

They will add Spaceships, and Laser Rifles to the Castle line! :lol:

just kidding

If you want "leaked" information and pictures, this (Classic-Castle) isn't the place for them.

However, I personally believe that these so-called "leaks" are nothing more than a form of viral marketing.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

I have to disagree that the current leaks are viral marketing, it's just far too early for that to be really effective. Sure it can create a 'buzz' but where does that 'Buzz' go? You will *NOT* be able to run out and buy the sets, or even pre-order them at this point, all it does is lead to 'Buzz-Kill' and disappointment. It also can let their competition know what they are doing with some time to react (notice I'm NOT saying copy, I said REACT), they may be able to adjust detail of their lines or at least their marketing to steal some of LEGO's thunder as it were. If it were a moth or 2 out it would have more possibilities of being a viral campaign, even (though) i don't see LEGO being comfortable with such methods, they like to control their Intellectual Property and a Viral campaign is Polar Opposite of having control......
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

I'm willing to bet there is no Second Kingdoms Wave. : |
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Prog,

Are you serious? I'd take you up on that bet without doubt if I were a betting man.

What would you like to bet? :twisted:

At this point, right or wrong, there is enough info online speculation is not needed anymore.

Heir
clouette
Gong Farmer

Post by clouette »

The prices in some countries for 2011 sets are already out. I want to bet with you, if there's a 2011 wave you give me all the sets. Hehe.
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

JPinoy wrote:They will add Spaceships, and Laser Rifles to the Castle line! :lol:
You mean like these sets?
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6493-1
http://www.peeron.com/inv/theme/LEGO/SY ... e_Cruisers
http://www.peeron.com/inv/theme/LEGO/SY ... e_Twisters

If it hadn't happened before, I'd say your suggestion was just being silly in a ridiculous, off-the-wall kind of way. But, they do say history repeats itself... :twitch:
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Frank,

That is just sick, you know that. Sick!

That said it was a great way to get some random parts that you were not sure what to do with.

Heir
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:Frank,

That is just sick, you know that. Sick!

That said it was a great way to get some random parts that you were not sure what to do with.

Heir
Just remember that Lego already has some licencing agreements with Disney...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unidentifi ... ng_Oddball
What goes around comes around.

FLK