Second Kingdoms Wave?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
BobaFett2
Serf

Re: Second Kingdoms Wave?

Post by BobaFett2 »

There's a complete retail catalog online, and there isn't Kingdoms in the Winter catalog. Maybe there will be one in July, but I'm hoping they do something with fantasy.
This is not Star Wars-It's real life (not much difference though).
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

BobaFett2 wrote:There's a complete retail catalog online, and there isn't Kingdoms in the Winter catalog. Maybe there will be one in July, but I'm hoping they do something with fantasy.
You mean like Tolkien-style Elves? Probably not under the Kingdoms banner, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at it. However those pictures just show a retail shop general release catalog and not the full monty from LEGO. Given that they do not show the Shop @ Home sets, there may be things in the wings we've no idea about yet.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

Seeing how most countries have only just started getting regular supplies of kingdoms in the last month.. I figure the earliest we will see wave 2 is July. .. But they might surprise us with something like a MMV [well I can always hope lol]

Great idea about the Scottish Highland village ... but I don't really want to see Lego kilts :D
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

dyntar wrote:Seeing how most countries have only just started getting regular supplies of kingdoms in the last month.. I figure the earliest we will see wave 2 is July. .. But they might surprise us with something like a MMV [well I can always hope lol]

Great idea about the Scottish Highland village ... but I don't really want to see Lego kilts :D
Agreed on the timing for WHATEVER the next wave of Castle is, it'll likely be about a year after 2010's stuff showed up, so if you go and dig up some of the old posts that will give you the time frame to really start looking for info. Given how leaked info gets treated here, I'd start looking on some of the other community sites first as well (not a criticism, just pointing it out is all :) ).

Meh, for kilts I I can see is something molded on to the front of a leg or some sort of a solid non-bendy hip (like the ebil dwarf's) piece. LEGO kilts do not scare me in the slightest.

I'm sure it's quite likely that whatever it is I'll get some of the sets. It's kinda of an addiction you see.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
troll
Laborer

Post by troll »

this skirt in tartan... no way!
http://brickset.com/minifigs/?m=sw195
Look! it's a troll, it's a funny troll! ---> :orc:

"When nothing goes right, go left"
DerBum
Laborer

Post by DerBum »

As far as the kilt thing is concerned, I would prefer that they maybe just print something on the front of normal legs (if TLC went with a Scottish theme). Anything that prevented the full usefullness and interaction of the mini-fig with their surroundings (ie. not being able to sit down) would frustrate my daughter and she would be unlikely to play with it, she doesnt like the drawfs for that very reason.

On the subject of more fantasy sets for Kindoms year 2... :( TLC gave that a go, they had goblins/trolls/orcs, big trolls, skellies, etc. That is something they have done and I personally hope it is over with. The truely "evil" stuff actually frightens my older daughter and she normally just plays with the humans from that line as a result. I know I am a little biased, but I have gotten to the point that I either buy Lego for my kids or as a way of interacting with my kids, so anything I buy from TLC has to be something they would enjoy. Thats actually why I suggested the Scottish Village and Keep, my daughter likes the social aspect of her Lego people and really couldnt care less about whether they fight each other. The sets possible with my idea, farm, home, a small keep, etc would allow her the same social interaction she can get with City Lego sets, while still maintaning the midieval theme and the ability to merge her interest with mine. It is somewhat selfish of me I admit, but I do think there would be broad appeal, look at how well the Medieval Market Village http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as ... n=640&d=70 was received. A subline like:

Highland Keep (this set could include a knight to act as lord over the village, his wife, a servant, a soldier, and a prisoner (debtor maybe?). Something simple like the photo I posted would be great.): $49.99~$59.99
Village Inn (with a simple market stand out front and 3 villager minifigs (maybe a soldier as well?)): $34.99
Medieval Farm (basic structure with 2 villager minifigs a small plot of crops and a hand cart): $19.99
Farmers cart (four wheeled wagon with two villagers): $9.99
Highland Holdup (a bandit robbing a villager?): $6.99
Impulse sets like a soldier or druid, etc would be great.
Battle pack of angry villagers would get a thumbs up from me, as they could also be used as normal villagers without their weapons. Although the soldiers could easily be replaced with "warriors" who would use the same torsos and legs as the villagers but have angry faces, helmets or crazy hair, bucklers and swords.

As I said, this is a little selfish, but I would buy something like this for my kids in a heartbeat (probably another set for me as well :D ).
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

Kosh wrote:
dyntar wrote:Seeing how most countries have only just started getting regular supplies of kingdoms in the last month.. I figure the earliest we will see wave 2 is July. .. But they might surprise us with something like a MMV [well I can always hope lol]

Agreed on the timing for WHATEVER the next wave of Castle is, it'll likely be about a year after 2010's stuff showed up, so if you go and dig up some of the old posts that will give you the time frame to really start looking for info. Given how leaked info gets treated here, I'd start looking on some of the other community sites first as well (not a criticism, just pointing it out is all :) ).

Meh, for kilts I I can see is something molded on to the front of a leg or some sort of a solid non-bendy hip (like the ebil dwarf's) piece. LEGO kilts do not scare me in the slightest.

I'm sure it's quite likely that whatever it is I'll get some of the sets. It's kinda of an addiction you see.
I like the kilt either way, but can anyone say, "LEGO Bagpipes?!?" :shock: The Celt line would be a cool diversion, a one-time getaway line like the Vikings, but still VERY MUCH adaptable and appropriate for any castle collection.
For the King's Castle!
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

Seems that they don't want to sell Kingdoms here in the stinking cheese land, even in the current catalogue, there are three double pages for those silly Hero Factory, but only the wizard and jester are presented among the impulses, and the boxes showed are only the "prototypes".
As a consequence, I'm not able to find kingdoms where I'm used to get good price on sets, TRU is the only place I'll be able to get them, but it won't be really cheap.
I don't believe we would see the second wave before Xmas '11.

To get back to topic, I have to say I'll just love some civilians/peasants, and about their weapons, some here have to know that in medieval times, they mainly just used their farming tools as weapons. When up the wall, what is better than a hay fork to push a scale back, or waitihg for guys to put their hands on the crenelation to crack some fingers with a hammer, or waiting little more for some teeth, smashing the head of the bravest man (the first to dare to climb up the scale). Medieval war techniques relied much upon immagination and "fun".
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
Karrde
Bailiff

Post by Karrde »

I hope they do bring out more sets with these factions as we (correct me if I'm wrong?) don't yet have an oval shield with the dragon knights insignia upon it - which would be nice.
Gothano
Villein

Post by Gothano »

Karrde wrote:I hope they do bring out more sets with these factions as we (correct me if I'm wrong?) don't yet have an oval shield with the dragon knights insignia upon it - which would be nice.
That's right with the oval shild. Thats why I make the oval dragon decal http://www.flickr.com/photos/gothano76/5059173211/

By the way I also miss the dragon turnament horse robe. I hope on next release of new castle sets TLG fix the oval shild and horse robe for dragon knights.

By the way on kk there was the purple wolf faction.
It's a new toy every day (com. slogan 1988)

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gothano76/]flickr.com/photos/gothano76[/url]
Karrde
Bailiff

Post by Karrde »

Gothano wrote: That's right with the oval shild. Thats why I make the oval dragon decal http://www.flickr.com/photos/gothano76/5059173211/
Ah yes, something like what you have done there would be perfect :D
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

This has been my favorite Castle Line since the Black Falcons and the Forest Men of the 80's. Now I find myself wanting MORE!!!! I really hope there is a 2nd Wave. I don't mind waiting, I just hope TLG decide to rewards us for Buying so much of the First Wave.
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Thor wrote:This has been my favorite Castle Line since the Black Falcons and the Forest Men of the 80's. Now I find myself wanting MORE!!!! I really hope there is a 2nd Wave. I don't mind waiting, I just hope TLG decide to rewards us for Buying so much of the First Wave.
They way the product cycles SEEM to work the follow-up wave was likely already set content-wise at least before the wave of Kingdom's launched. The QUANTITIES of sets produced for the second wave were likely still adjustable, just not what the wave of follow-ups consist of. This is due of course to the time it actually takes to develop a design, get approvals and the rest of the design, pre-production and production processes.
Sales and popularity do have an affect, but it'd be likely to change more of any potential 3rd wave or whatever sub-theme is destined to REPLACE Kingdoms at this point. I would suspect the Surveys that LEGO has been conducting are also helping to shape the look of future sets (so participate in them to give them more and better feedback) as well.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
legosammy
Serf

Post by legosammy »

Has any buddy seen the shield on the set 10214 Tower Bridge perhaps a templar knights faction .
Gothano
Villein

Post by Gothano »

legosammy wrote:
Has any buddy seen the shield on the set 10214 Tower Bridge perhaps a templar knights faction .
This is the shild of the City of London logo and has nothing to do with a templar knights faction coming soon! :)
It's a new toy every day (com. slogan 1988)

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gothano76/]flickr.com/photos/gothano76[/url]