The elf!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
timber_wolf899
Merchant

The elf!

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Series three elves are showing up on ebay and ont he west coast, I hear.

The new bow looks great, but i dont quite get the skeletal deer shield?
Domino Gloria!
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Re: The elf!

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

I think they look great! In fact I'd love a line of castle elves to look somewhat like them. The bow, shield and torso, legs, etc. is great. Some new bows are very, very wanted right now. I like them but hope they keep both bows in the mix for now.

Not sure about the ears actually. I kinda like them but kinda don't... confusing. I would have wanted ear cut outs in the hair more than actual ears but this is not bad. I am happy they are not inserted into the head.

Here is a picture from the one on Ebay-

Elf

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

That picture makes me believe that they've used one of the newer HP character hairpieces and simply added yellow where the ears would be. If that's true, then that is a great use of an existing part, but I need to see more detail shots including a 360 of the hair/head.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

OH MY GOSH!!! Is this a joke...is someone pulling my leg??? OR, is the speculation from the last few years ACTUALLY true?! AND, if so, that means the elves ARE delving back into fantasy land, MEANING kingdoms is a pseudo continuation of the skellies/orges/crownies... : O Rivaling the late-80s era as the longest running theme ever! ...Assuming this pic/news is legit, of course. :P :eyebrows:
For the King's Castle!
Storm
Villein

Post by Storm »

Sir Prog wrote:OH MY GOSH!!! Is this a joke...is someone pulling my leg???
The only thing pulling your leg is the Elf minifig, waiting to be purchased.
I'm Storm, and you've just read my post.
A kind word and a gun will get you farther than a kind word alone -Al Capone
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

OH MY GOSH!!! Is this a joke...is someone pulling my leg??? OR, is the speculation from the last few years ACTUALLY true?! AND, if so, that means the elves ARE delving back into fantasy land, MEANING kingdoms is a pseudo continuation of the skellies/orges/crownies... : O Rivaling the late-80s era as the longest running theme ever! ...Assuming this pic/news is legit, of course. :P :eyebrows:
Series three of the collectible minifigs has one elf, that is all. Enjoy him. I do not believe that there is any other proof or even speculation that he will lead to more fantasy castle. He could have very well been put into collectible minifigs to please the people who wanted the elves in the first place.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

To me, it's a ruined hair piece. At least the rest of the fig is generic enough that he can be used as a woodsman in my LEGOverse. I just don't need that many blonde Vulcans. ;)
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
gedren_y
Freeman

Post by gedren_y »

Ye Olde Republic wrote:To me, it's a ruined hair piece. At least the rest of the fig is generic enough that he can be used as a woodsman in my LEGOverse. I just don't need that many blonde Vulcans. ;)
How about you buy the fig and sell the hair on Bricklink.

Also, the bow looks to be larger than the old bow, and similar to Brickforge's longbow. The shield does not look like a skeletal deer.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Count Blacktron wrote:That picture makes me believe that they've used one of the newer HP character hairpieces and simply added yellow where the ears would be. If that's true, then that is a great use of an existing part, but I need to see more detail shots including a 360 of the hair/head.
Here's a good picture of it in Aaron Bulger's photostream.

Personally I think it's a pretty good solution. Molding ears onto the actual head element would have just been wrong and come off looking like Dobby/Yoda/etc. Those who want non-pointy-eared elves can simply swap in a normal hairpiece.

Bruce
[url=http://comicbricks.blogspot.com/]ComicBricks[/url] [url=http://godbricks.blogspot.com/]GodBricks[/url] [url=http://microbricks.blogspot.com/]MicroBricks[/url] [url=http://minilandbricks.blogspot.com/]MinilandBricks[/url] [url=http://scibricks.blogspot.com/]SciBricks[/url] [url=http://vignettebricks.blogspot.com/]VignetteBricks[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/bricktales/]Brick Tales[/url]
darkdragon
Serf

Post by darkdragon »

Bruce N H wrote:
Personally I think it's a pretty good solution. Molding ears onto the actual head element would have just been wrong and come off looking like Dobby/Yoda/etc. Those who want non-pointy-eared elves can simply swap in a normal hairpiece.
I agree. I have one of these figures and I like the hairpiece but not sure if I'd want to have a bunch of elves with the exact hairstyle, so I imagine I will not use that part for elf mocs but who knows - might make a good "king" elf to stand out from the rest with the pointy ears. Would be nice if future series of figs would have at least a female elf hairpiece and a longhair male elf hairpiece to round out the race a little bit. Of course, would need female elf torso too (to match this one).

I really like the new longbow design and it will give some variety to weapons shops in mocs.

Lisa
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

Bluesecrets wrote:
Series three of the collectible minifigs has one elf, that is all. Enjoy him. I do not believe that there is any other proof or even speculation that he will lead to more fantasy castle. He could have very well been put into collectible minifigs to please the people who wanted the elves in the first place.
Ah, um...*letdown* and *tease*. Oh well. :roll:
For the King's Castle!
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Bruce,

I think it was a much better solution than ears on a head... blah. Still cut outs in the hair would have been the best to me but this is good. I agree variety would be nice but this is the first elf so we can assume if TLC progressed with elves (not saying they have to or are going to, disclaimer for our doom and gloomers) then they would do so. It's been years since they had clone troopers, well even the clone troopers are different.... :wink:

Don't worry, the elf topic is a sore one on this forum so do not worry too much. To me the fact TLC has made a single elf has proved that they are willing to make them, and if they felt it would make money we could only hope that would be enough. We have seen several lines just come out recently which have very similar minifigs to series I and II so one can never say never. I agree with BS this means nothing concrete but I'd not be to discouraged. I think elves are just a matter of time personally.

Heir of BF
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Don't worry, the elf topic is a sore one on this forum so do not worry too much. To me the fact TLC has made a single elf has proved that they are willing to make them, and if they felt it would make money we could only hope that would be enough. We have seen several lines just come out recently which have very similar minifigs to series I and II so one can never say never. I agree with BS this means nothing concrete but I'd not be to discouraged. I think elves are just a matter of time personally.
Elves are a sore subject on this forum because it never ends. We've been told by LEGO employees that they were never planned to be part of the fantasy line. Now, is the time to rejoice for an elf happened! Be happy, party, do a dance, scream "YES!" as loud as you can.

And if you want more options, well this is LEGO, build one, customize another...
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Thanks for linking to the photo Bruce. I like it. Now all Lego has to do is pick up the ball they dropped when they listened to all those idiot kids and run with it. :sly:
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I just wonder what is he going to do with the shield? He can't use it with the bow and he doesn't have any other weapon.

Though I do like the shield design. Its kind of a shame they used it for a one-off figure and not a full on elf theme.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]