The elf!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Re: The elf!

Post by LORD DOOM »

:D Exceptional. Nothing less than I'd expect from Lego, and I bet you all can expect to see more elves appear here and there at the very least. I will buy a a few sets perhaps and mod the hair color to whatever looks good.
jdarlack
Freeman

Post by jdarlack »

I love it! I scored a few of them in a Massachusetts TRU. (I lucked out and was able to "feel my way through" and find all 16 of series 3 and a few extras to boot.) I was pleasantly surprised by the new bow. I wasn't expecting that.

As far as building factions and varieties go, keeping the torso and substituting some dark blue, gray, green or red for arms along with swapping in a Spartan-red or brown cloak and a hood or something can bring a lot of variety... I put together a small cadre of Crownie 'Rangers' doing the same (using brown and regular green cloaks). Then again, I'm preaching to the choir.

Given the example of the new hair-mold (with the nifty painted ears), I wonder if some of the custom parts manufacturers may provide a bit of elven-hairstyle variety in the future. It seems that Lego keeps copying their R+D, so now the tides can turn. :)
Jim Darlack
Highwayman
Laborer

Post by Highwayman »

I'd love to get my hands on that guy..

The TRU in my area doesn't have the series 3 figs yet. They actually only have the series 2 figs and they've been sold out of those every single time I've checked. And as it's the only TRU within a reasonable distance of me, I guess I'll just have to keep checking again...and again.
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant1.jpg[/img]
"Evening, madam. I'll be having your bricks now, if you please." - The Highwayman

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/66812]MOC Page[/url]|[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Highwayman]Brickshelf[/url]
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Well to be honest I'd say finding them is 100% luck. I work at a TRU at the moment and I usually work nights and do the stocking and pricing so I often get first news of new arrivals. The one day of the week I had off this week they got three cases in. What is that some 180 of them at the least. Likely two to four boxes a case though so it could be many, many more. By the time I got to work the next day everyone of them but one was gone. I bought the guy, a pilot by the markings, but could not imagine how they could sell at least 180 at 3 dollars in less than a day, likely many times that more.

Insane.

I checked to see if we could get more but looks like that is not happening till January. So if you really want them hit your stores early in the morning and often 'cause they will be gone in a flash.

Good luck getting them guys! I would alert people of this ASAP but by the time my shift ends some 6-8 hours later likely they'd be almost gone.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Baron Greenbriar
Villein

Post by Baron Greenbriar »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:
Good luck getting them guys! I would alert people of this ASAP but by the time my shift ends some 6-8 hours later likely they'd be almost gone.

Heir
Thanks Heir! I'm gonna try my best don't visit TRU too often. I have a lego store near me and all :) . But thanks for the tips I'm gonna hopefully find it. Who knows?
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

Yeah I visited my TRU thursday after work and friday after work. Thursday NO series 3 figs; Friday empty green box. and TRU online doesn't have the figs anymore either. kinda wish I'd paid the $26 to ship 16 of them to arrive in 3-8 business days.
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

Either I was wrong about TRU online or they took them down for a bit or I had accidentally picked a different series other than 3 but seems to me. that at $4 each and $1.25 for shipping these are a rip off. I'm gonna go to bricklink, I'll pay more but at least I'll get the one ones I want. Or I'll have to wait for S@H to get them in. $90 for 16 @ TRU online seems outrageous.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Unfortunately for me there are no TRUs in my area, so I had to resort to Bricklink. Even though they were a bit pricey, looking at the one in my hand they are worth it. LEGO definately did good on this. The only possible negative is the lack of a sword to go with the shield, however, the new bow looks awesome. If LEGO would make a new and revisted "Forestmen" faction like this...
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Odd. Our TRU sells them for 2.99.... if we ever get them again.

Heir
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote:Odd. Our TRU sells them for 2.99.... if we ever get them again.

Heir
Have you checked the SKN or UPC?
I bought then at TRU and have a receipt to show the price of $3.99. This was the store's second shipment in less a week, the first were placed on the racetrack quad with a tag of $2.99, which was removed after they sold out. The second shipment had a new tag printed at $3.99. As the days crank closer to December 24 all the LEGO tags creep up $1 or so at a time. Just take a log of them and you'll notice the creep of prices. After the holidays, they knock most of the prices back down to normal again.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

I last checked on Thursday last week. I often work pricing so it takes all of three seconds to double check though. I will try Wed. The one I bought a week or so ago was 3 bucks.

That said TRU stores can change prices store by store and/or it can be a raise or drop in price done by corp. TRU. The online TRU has prices at 3.99 but the online store often has different prices which is one reason why local stores to not have to honor online prices and vice-versa. Our prices change daily so once never knows.

Heir
troll
Laborer

Post by troll »

well, about an elf line:

We have got an explorer, mummy and pharaoh .. PHARAOHS QUEST
We have got a ninja, karate master and a samurai .. NINJA-GO
We have got space man .. SPACE (nasa things for 2011)
We have got traffic cop .. POLICE 2011

yeah, and then I'm thinking about:

spartan - a roman theme would be pure epicness
elf - you know ;)
tribal chief and tribal hunter - comeback of western :D
sumo wrestler and karate master - a martial arts theme <3

EDIT: series 3 alien = Alien Conquest (check brickipedia) ;)
Last edited by troll on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look! it's a troll, it's a funny troll! ---> :orc:

"When nothing goes right, go left"
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Where are the Xmas creations with the elf? I thought for sure I'd see one or two by now...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

Well, I doubt I'll ever actually find the elf, but looking at the "ears," I'd have to say that they were done this way so that the hairpiece can be reused in a couple years when Lego has the license to The Hobbit movies which start filming after the new year.
Highwayman
Laborer

Post by Highwayman »

I managed to get two elves today...with the assistance of my mother's sharp eyes and a magnifying glass. It made the dots MUCH easier to see. However, I'm pretty sure we looked a little crazy standing in the Lego aisle examining the baggies with a magnifying glass.
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant1.jpg[/img]
"Evening, madam. I'll be having your bricks now, if you please." - The Highwayman

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/66812]MOC Page[/url]|[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Highwayman]Brickshelf[/url]