The elf!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Re: The elf!

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Where are they at target/wal-mart?

I have only found them oncce at TRU. very frustraited.
Domino Gloria!
giellsworoth
Serf

Post by giellsworoth »

Both targets around me in olympia washington have them. Although much to my horror when i was at target today someone had opened up several of the minifig packages while some minfigs where still in them some where missing :mad:
-George-
Silver.Smith
Serf

Post by Silver.Smith »

My local target had just restocked all their legos, but no minifigures. They did have these megablocks halo wannabe minifigures.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

TRU is my area now has series 3 figures restocked... One of the managers even has divided them up by type even!!!

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

Got hold of the other Targets stock. Have a sealed elf army now. Need to check TRU for a restock next.
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

Target has them with the valentines section.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

I think It's awesome! Te only bad part is the hair - It looks too modern.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

friskywhiskers wrote:I think It's awesome! Te only bad part is the hair - It looks too modern.
I have replaced the hair & ears with other tan hairpieces like the HP Lucius Malfoy piece.
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

I have finally been lucky enough to track down one of these, and I am very happy with if. I'd seen all of the pictures--or some very large subset of all of the pictures--and I have to say that I was nevertheless surprised by the minifig itself. The level of detail is extremely high, and none of the pictures I had seen fully does it justice.

As for the hair, I can see why some people may have an aesthetic aversion to it, but I love it. It's a clever way to get ears onto a thing that has no ears. I'm now even more looking forward to receiving a bundle of them in the mail.
Silver.Smith
Serf

Post by Silver.Smith »

I ordered a bunch of series 3 from lego last week and finally got an elf, and just in time for my next MOC.
My local tru still does not have these in stock, so I am not sure how to beef up my elf army...

On a side note, I have 3 mummy's if someone is interested.
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I now have 14 elves and I'm hoping to settle in at about 25 or so. The bumps on the back of the packages have been very helpful. I am able to pick them out pretty quickly. I have only found series 3 figs at my local LEGO stores. TRU and Target haven't had any. Luckily I have been at 3 different LEGO stores in the last week and cleaned all 3 out. Gonna have to make another round in the next few days.

The Bricklink price appears to be settling in around $7.50 USD right now. With shipping you will pay even more for them. It is insane that TLG only put 3 of these in each case. I truly believe they are trying to drive prices up on just a few figures to increase sales for the rest. Smart marketing but sad for people who build armies...
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

They're taking the minifigs to Isengard!

The elft has a lot of useful parts to me, except their hairpiece with ears.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Papy.G
Laborer

My elf!

Post by Papy.G »

I went to a toystore that has 2 full boxes of series 3, and began to search and feel the insides, around the tenth, I was lucky enough to feel the handle and shape of the shield, then, to check, tried to feel the bow, and here I am now with mine. It is nice, but i don't feel the need to get more than one.
Don't get me to the pilori, since I haven't opened it yet. His time will come, when one of my MOCs will starve for him.

I have to say he seems quite anxious and the sand green arms are odd (biased feeling for the orcs already use this color) the longbow should have had no arrow on it, or has to exist the two way if some more elves are comming.
And for the quiver, we have many loose, and it is on the PAB, if one wants to put one on his back, but he already has a cape, and I'm not keen on putting more than one neck accessory on a minifig, Majisto is an exception it is hard enough to live with.

It would be nice to see some elvish sets alongside the Kingdoms line, in some complementary sets that those who are fantasy-minded could get while those more historical-minded like me could pass or occasionnally buy for out-world universe or display. Same goes for skeletons, orcs and dwarves, we should get back to more one-faction only sets, with, say, Peasants to fill jails where needed, everyday people are always welcome in any castle legoverse. If only castle line would have been made that way, I would probably have bought more sets, because eventually, almost every set of this line, including MMV (while a present for me), has been bought by my GF, I say almost because I stocked some more wizards and soldiers than the ones she already have had bought.
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

OK. So I lied. I am not settling in at 25 or so. I have been finding them in bunches. Thank goodness I have so many lego stores nearby.

I am now at 44 elves and only ten more to go. This will give me two units of 27 elves. 8 elves in 3 rows in the ranks on a 16x32 plate with 3 leaders for each group. Now to make a great standard for these guys and some sort of instrument for them to march along to. I am thinking one of those coiled whips with a cone at the end to make some sort of elaborate horn? Except I don't have one of those whips... Off to bricklink I go...

By the way does anyone think any of the available helmets look elvish at all? I was thinking perhaps the prince of persia helms? I guess I better open one of those sets to check out how it looks. Off to the garage...
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

DaleDVM wrote: By the way does anyone think any of the available helmets look elvish at all?
If you paint a Shadow Knight helmet silver, it should look pretty good. I did that to make a custom elf.
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]