Re: Nuremberg Toy Fair: 2011 Kingdoms Set Pictures

Post by Dr.Cogg »

the Wind Mill is $69.99 dollars
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

Dr.Cogg wrote:the Wind Mill is $69.99 dollars
What is your source for that information? I'd really like to believe that, but I'd like to see the proof.
Gatekeeper
Villein

Post by Gatekeeper »

The information probably came from here:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 85299.html

"Builders outsmart mummies on a treasure hunt with six LEGO PHARAOH'S QUEST sets ($4.99 - $99.99), available now. Aliens invade Earth and builders save the planet using seven sets from the LEGO ALIEN CONQUEST collection ($4.99 - $89.99), available in August. Three LEGO ATLANTIS sets ($4.99 - $19.99), available now, and two more ($29.99, $69.99) in August continue the story of exploring inside of the lost, underwater city. Construction turns back time to the medieval village in four new LEGO KINGDOMS sets ($9.99 - $69.99). "
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

George Bernard Shaw
wallgorn
Freeman

Post by wallgorn »

The 2011 Kingdom sets look pretty good. The mill village is really neat. It is nice to see more civilian sets in LEGO Castle. King's Carriage Ambush definitely needs for more knights. Escape from Dragon's Prison is cool because the Dragons actually get a mount knight. The new weapons in the blacksmith set are neat.
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

After all these years, I still wonder if Santa either exists or reads our mail, but now, I have a proof that, at least, TLC took note of our wishes.

First Kingdoms batch gave us modular buildings, two opposing human factions, and new parts, now, we shift a big step forward with MMV' class civilians sets, the pitchfork return, the new coloured horse, one-part animals.

I think it is hard for Lego to meet kids and Afols requirements, but I'm confident we are not too far from that.

Next step I would see peasant's tools, two-pikes fork, scythe, hoe, a little bread oven, a wood workshop. Another set would be nice with one or two cows (dark tan this time, with tan horns), a pastor, a dog, one or two goats and little nest where to hide from weather, and elaborate cheese.

Blacksmith's water weel could have been achieved with car doors, while I must admit round browns are more generic. It could have driven a breathe to the forge, to change from the mechanical hammer already seen in the MMV. Also we can see a new? part with the 45° tile 2x1 with plate half.

For the arch window shutter, I would have loved something like the 1x2 shutter with an extra upper rounded part, useable without the window frame too. Wings could have use the old lattice design.

Trees are playable in their original shape, unlike MMV's ones, that loose their foliage everytime.

Nobody noticed the new whip part, with 2/16" cylindrical end.

Once more, no dark brown round plate 2x2 to finish well with the dark brown barrels, while I got two ones from non-lego brick brand.

I don't see why everybody reserves the use of the blinded horse to carriages, mounted horses are often blinded too.

And what's wrong with another blacksmith? Didn't we get quite a wizards' overload too, who ever dared to complain about that?

Well, all in all, it is incredible, Lego castle is back, and thanks for that, TLC!
Last edited by Papy.G on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Here is a breakdown of the cost per piece for this years sets.

6918 Blacksmiths Attack $9.99
104 pieces
9.6 cents per piece

7187 Escape from Dragon Prison $19.99
185 pieces
10.8 cents per piece

7188 King's Carriage Ambush $39.99
286 pieces
14 cents per piece

7189 Village Mill Raid $69.99
663 pieces
10.6 cents per piece

In reality only the King's carriage ambush seems to be lacking in the value department. Considering the carriage set seems to have gotten the least warm reception, I predict it will not be a great seller. (Just call me Nostradamus) It is too bad... I really like the design of the carriage and the King. But how many King figs can a guy use?

The rest of the sets seem to be quite a good value. I will be buying many multiples of all of the sets but likely only a pair of the carriage sets.
The Wolfpack Boss
Freeman

Post by The Wolfpack Boss »

Boy, this is the best news since a few weeks ago when cleaning out a closet and boxes full of family photos, I found a black peasant's "backpack", Dragon Master head and a classic brown ax on the bottom.

Every set has parts I want, and every set goes on my wishlist. The farm/mill most obviously at the top. All those farm animals ... all those pitchforks! The farmer woman's torso and dress actually strikes me as something I must have. The design is strong. Everything good, there.

Everyone seems to regard the carriage the least, but for me it's stronger than the prison/gates. That set's potential modularity, great figure to parts ratio and awesome accessories makes it worthwhile, but there's something to be said for a classically designed set featuring the iconic "highway robbery" scenario - a really solid looking royal carriage, bandits in trees. I'd rather have it done like this - done well - than some of the pretty half-baked carriage sets of the last few years. This hearkens back to ... well, Dungeon Hunters. (I was secretly hoping to see Forestmen in those trees, though, I'll admit).

Anyway, loving all four sets. When I finally get around to nabbing some Kingdoms sets, I'm excited about how seamlessly they'll blend with my Crownies.
Harbourmaster's Office
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3521/4033675 ... 8cb1_t.jpg[/img]
(More at Flickr: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/8273684@N02/4033675910/[/url])
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

The old gray mare,
She ain't what she used to be
Ain't what she used to be,
Ain't what she used to be
The old gray mare,
She ain't what she used to be
Many long years ago.

C'mon! Sing with me!
I'm really quite happy to hav a new coloured horse. I love the printing too, why would poor peasants not have a dirty old nag. Awesome
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

Replace the Dragon Knights with torch wielding Bulls, and the village raid set is pretty much exactly like the opening scenes of the movie First Knight. Would rather have had this set back then (KK1), but better late than never. Hope they keep coming out with more stuff like this.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
Ye Olde Republic wrote:The old gray mare
Funny thing is, it's new gray.
;-)

Bye
Jojo

(Still holding a bit of a grudge against Lego for changing the colours, but actually I'm over it.)
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Thor
Foot Soldier

Post by Thor »

WOW! WOW! WOW! Don't really know what else to say.....except...

I'm going to buy multiple Mills and Goats off of BL. And probably 10 Blacksmiths to get multiple figs and weapons and that Dragon Knight Helmet and Horse Barding is....WOW!

Thanks you LEGO!!!!!
DraconisTerrena
Apprentice

Post by DraconisTerrena »

TLG continues to wage war upon my checkbook. :D
Last edited by DraconisTerrena on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A warrior is always joyful because his love is unalterable and his beloved, the earth, embraces him and bestows upon him inconceivable gifts."
-- Don Juan, Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

DraconisTerrena wrote:TLG continues to wage ware upon my checkbook. :D

And my wallet. 5-6 Blacksmith sets, here I come! (In June-August) :D
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]