Nuremberg Toy Fair: 2011 Kingdoms Set Pictures

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Username
Councilor

Re: Nuremberg Toy Fair: 2011 Kingdoms Set Pictures

Post by Username »

It is interesting that only the blacksmith set has the new weapons. Wonder if they come on a wheel.
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

That is an interesting thought. There appears to be 7 new weapons of a smaller size than usual, all in the same colour...you could be on to something. That might explain why we get so many new weapons.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Help me out here guys. New weapons? I can't make any out in the blacksmith set but then again that could just be my lousy color contrast vision.
Domino Gloria!
TeufelHund
Villein

Post by TeufelHund »

I'm pretty keen on all these sets save for the King's Carriage, although at least it does seem that the King will have a different torso to the one found in King's Castle.

The selection of weapons coming with the Blacksmith is great, the Dragon-knight barding exquisite and it seems like the Village Raid set might combine well with the MMV.
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

:shock: okay I literally just hyperventalated! Oh. My. Gosh. Methinks I will be using the new sword for a dwaaa-aaarf :sly: That is just awesome! I think I'm going to pass ouublbfgsfhgkomnonkl
Launcelot here, the boy just passed out at his laptop! I'll be submitting this for him.
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

timber_wolf899 wrote:Help me out here guys. New weapons? I can't make any out in the blacksmith set but then again that could just be my lousy color contrast vision.
Seriously? On the weapons rack....
H3LLB0Y3
Freeman

Post by H3LLB0Y3 »

THanx Aliencat for posting those deeplinks. i posted that link at 4am my time otherwise i would have done the same.
My wallet will be hurting this year...
You wonder why I'm not afraid?
There is no weapon
There is no blade
You'll never kill Him that lives inside of me.
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

finally!!! we are allowed to talk about kingdoms sets for 2011.. this should stop the speculation.
These sets are fantastic. Much better than the prelim pics. Grey horses, new windows, horses with bridles printed on them, chickens, goats, spotted pigs, oval dragon shield and barding, new weapons, the return of pitchforks so many new parts to help build the villages. Looks like alot of what the AFOLs asked for have been created.
Thank you Lego I'm going to be a very happy collector this year......and a very poor one. :D

6918 is called Blacksmith Attack but the Blacksmith is making dark pearl grey armour and weapons... doesn't that mean hes on the dragons side? :?
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I think these sets are all great. What's there not to like? They are mostly rural, which makes them outstanding, there are interesting new parts like shutters for the rounded-top windows, there are new animals and there are long longed for old renewed parts: I'd never thought they'd ever give the pitchfork another chance to poke. Okay, there's another blacksmith, but every generation deserves its own new blacksmith, doesn't it? (And there is a sunflower that I might have seen before.)

There are only two things I'm not so fond of. Firstly the printed bridles on the horses. They make the horses monofunctional and seem kind of cheap.
And secondly the fact that the dark brown barrel now comes with a nougat? dark orange? lid makes me believe they will never release a dark brown 2×2 round plate. Hwever.

In any case I'm really looking forward to these sets hitting the shelves.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

As with everyone else, I'm pretty excited about these as well, especially the windmill/village set. The figures look great, and I'm excited to see another female peasant that has a different torso pattern from this or this. Looks like she has a different head as well, which is nice. I'm amazed at the new pitchforks as well, and not just one but two of them. I'm not sure how I feel about the new animals, they look great, but they just don't look Lego to me. The gray horse is an absolute win.

I also like the carriage set, and I'm glad to see they included two horses pulling it this time as it looks a lot better than the battle chariot in the Crownies line. I'm interested to see who is sitting in the carriage with the king, if it's a queen figure, or just another soldier.

The dragon knights jail looks like a nice little set, and it's great to see the new barding in a smaller set that will make it easier to get multiple copies.

The blacksmith shop looks fun and it's nice to see more civilian stuff. Is that a new bucket sitting next to the weapons?

Between this and PotC, I think I had better start saving now. Lots to be excited about. :)
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Jojo wrote:...There are only two things I'm not so fond of. Firstly the printed bridles on the horses. They make the horses monofunctional...
At first I had the same thought, particularly regarding the blinders on the farm horse. But I sort of figured that such a mountain had been moved getting them just to produce brown and grey horses, that maybe we should wait and see what else might be forthcoming before being too critical.

(But it is true that the horse with the blinders doesn't look as cute as it might because you can't see its eyes. Oh well... so much for not being too critical.)
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

The cart looks the least interesting to me. Though the two sized wheels is a nice design element. Have they ever done that before?

The prison thing has a lot of shields to better equip your forces. The barding is a nice touch too.

Blacksmith looks simple, but probably worth buying more than one.

The mill looks great. I'm with Jojo in wishing the barrel lid was dark brown. I wonder what the new window piece is? Its nice to have something new, since we've only had the two designs for over ten years now.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

One thing about the printed horses with the royal carriage worth considering is that while they *are* more limited in use than a "normal" horse (as we've come to reckon such things over the decades), they would look just fine under a barding, which is not quite the case with the Indian horses of yore.

Personally, I have enough regular white horses that I'm not much bothered, though I incline to think the printing was unnecessary. I'm just glad that these printed horses weren't the grey and brown ones.
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I am excited by so many of the parts.

The mill set.
All of the animals are pure win in my opinion, printing on the pig is nice. Brick built animals have never had a place in my world especially when the horses and minifigs look so much more realistic. The grey horse is awesome but the blinders will limit his usefulness. The new windmill pieces are interesting. I want to get a hold of one. The bucket piece looks great. This set is full of useful pieces in great colors, tan dark tan, brown. So sweet. The civilians getting different color torsos is a big plus for me. They have earthy tones but not just tan and brown to add some variety in the civilian world. Two pitchforks and some food. The new shutter piece is very interesting. I hope they look good on homes and buildings. The green plates are useful as well. The brown ladder is a big plus for me. It has been seen so rarely in LEGO sets and I would like to get a bunch of them.

The dragon prison is nice. The parts in general appear very useful. I don't know what I will do with multiples of the dark pearl gates. The shields... Oh the shields... The barding is incredible and the new visor in dark pearl is a pleasant addition to the greathelms. My only wish would be a few extra dark pearl weapons to arm my battlepacks with... I like that this is a smaller set so I can get multiples of the barding!

The carriage is the best looking and designed that the LEGO company has ever released IMHO. The printed horses unfortunately will have a very specific use. These are the horses that will likely end up wearing all of my barding pieces. Still I am impressed at the two horses included with the carriage. The new king appearance is very welcome. The trees look great. I hope that is a dark pearl spear. (It is easy to see I like to arm my troops with the same color weapons as their armor. I'm kinda anal like that. :eyebrows: ) What is up with the hammer on the tree? I half expect Harly Quinn to jump out from behind the trees! Although a nice set I will only buy a couple of these.

The blacksmith is a great little set. I like the printing on the legs for the blacksmith. The parts seem very useful in the construction. The new weapons are both hit and miss for me. I like the mace, scythe, and dagger. I don't like the new sword or axe. The new bow is awful but could make a nice piece for a balista/catapult for throwing a spear. The attachments on both ends of the bow allows for better connections. The chicken, bucket, unprinted pearl grey armor, and greathelm make this a multiple purchase for me as well.

Overall I really like the inclusion of a lot of the dragon knights. Now their numbers are close to the lions in the sets. The generic chainmail torso is included in three of the sets which makes me very happy. That torso is the most flexible and also the most rare in last years releases.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey guys,

Just to highlight the new accessories in the blacksmith set with an admittedly poor photoshop edit:
I'm not really sure what the three objects behind the chicken are. The one down and to the left of the chicken almost looks like a new bow mold, but in dark gray? Or is it maybe a saw? Then some sort of hook? And no clue what the other gray blob is. I'm looking forward to a real castle head showing up at one of these toy fairs and taking tons of high res pictures of these details.
I totally love the chicken. To me the goat looks less "LEGO", if that makes sense to you. I also really like that the mill is a post-mill. Great attention to historical detail, set designers. Also, is the knight in the blacksmith set carrying a black sword?
Athos wrote: I wonder what the new window piece is?
Steve, you can see it much better in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean sets:

Bruce
[url=http://comicbricks.blogspot.com/]ComicBricks[/url] [url=http://godbricks.blogspot.com/]GodBricks[/url] [url=http://microbricks.blogspot.com/]MicroBricks[/url] [url=http://minilandbricks.blogspot.com/]MinilandBricks[/url] [url=http://scibricks.blogspot.com/]SciBricks[/url] [url=http://vignettebricks.blogspot.com/]VignetteBricks[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/bricktales/]Brick Tales[/url]