King's Carriage Ambush

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Thoriun
Laborer

King's Carriage Ambush

Post by Thoriun »

Hi

I've bought all sets from this Castle line with the execption of this one (haven't found it on the local t'r'u.

I've a question. Isin't the carriage a bit large for the castle entrance?

by what i could see in the oficial Lego page the carriage is with the weels 8 studs large, and the bridge is 6 studs (8 if you count the part where the chains are).

I hope that tomorrow of somewhere in this week i can get this set. (i'm missing the two promotional sets the 30061 and 30062, if anyone has them at a good price, contact me)

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
DraconisTerrena
Apprentice

Re: King's Carriage Ambush

Post by DraconisTerrena »

The carriage doesn't fit through the castle gate.
"A warrior is always joyful because his love is unalterable and his beloved, the earth, embraces him and bestows upon him inconceivable gifts."
-- Don Juan, Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

hi

it was what i tough, well i'll have to modify the entrance so the weels can pass. although i'll have to check the heigh if the carriage passes. i also thing it doesn't.
I think Lego should have made it so it can pass.

Thoriun

p.s. actualy the carriage is to tall for the gate. so the carriage is staying outside the castle for the dragons to steal it, lol.

AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Just have the valet park it for you! ;)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

Lol

It seams there is almost no other choice (but to use a valet means spending money and in this crisis there is no money to spend (news of the return of the Black Falcons could mean war(spoyler alert)). In a few days i'm goint to purchase the set. and i'm going to rebuild the gate house and see what modifications need to be done.
By my count i'll to add a 2 brick height and modify the bridge.

I think Lego should have add a few brick in order to modify the gate so the carriage can enter. But truth be told the castle in it sqare form is to smal to hold the carriage inside and be playable at the same time.

I'm thinking of using this (Brown Fence 1 x 4 x 1) for the side part of the bridge and this (Technic, Pin 1/2)to connect the bridge. AS soon as i have it done i'll post some images.

Thoriun

AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

I normally purchase a set, build it once, then take it apart the next day and use it to build something else, so I wouldn't have even noticed that the carriage didn't fit the castle. Good luck on the modifications. Looking forward to seeing pics of the final result.

Maybe, if all else fails, you can figure out a way to downsize the carriage instead? Just a thought.... :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

Yeah, one way or the other the carriage must pass the gate, lol.

Thoriun

p.s. I'm now wadering how it will look if i downsize the carriage. Let's see what comes out of this.

Counting the time to purchase the set. My two local T'r'U are both out of it. (also looking to get the new Millenium Falcon :) )

Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Personally, from this set I only like the trees, accesories and minifigs, not the carriage itself. I'm not going to compare with past sets but, I think it has a lack of details. I'll buy all the kingdoms sets but I'm not very motivated about this set.

If somebody already have it, Can you tell me please if looks cool or better to save money for 2012 sets?
Last edited by Lobberuno on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I like many of the included elements, but I am having a hard time liking those half-arches used for tree branches as LEGO has changed the gap too much and I think the carriage is just too heavy. It leaves me cold to know that LEGO could have and has done better.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Lobberuno wrote:Personally, [...] I think it has a lack of details. I'll buy all the kingdoms sets but I'm not very motivated about this set.
Finally, I had to buy it (there is not blacksmith Shop sets in all the toy stores in the city :? ), but now I have it in hand, I can say is a funny set (thinking like a child, of course :tasty:). It weights and the connection system between the horses and the carriage is very good :).

My comment is only to correct my IMO about this set.
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"