Lego 10223 Kingdoms Joust Exclusive

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
MarioDAlessio
Foot Soldier

Re: Lego 10223 Kingdoms Joust Exclusive

Post by MarioDAlessio »

Thanks, link to Lego saids:

•Includes 9 minifigures: king, queen, princess,, lion knight, falcon knight, young squire, nobleman and 2 soldiers!

Can anyone confirm or identify any official Lego reference that this set will contain a Black Falcon?

Lego did reference #6090 Royal King's Castle in 10176.

regards
Mario

edit - if this is the minifig head for the new falcon knight it is a good choice with lots of castle/viking history -http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn. ... px302&in=M
Last edited by MarioDAlessio on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
annie2200
Freeman

Post by annie2200 »

In Australia, the price is $199.99 AUD with a release date of 1st Jan 2012. As I do jousting and medieval reenactment as my other hobby I am SOOOO EXCITED that this set combines my love of castle lego and real life!!!!
Lego is my first love, it will always be my last
Purple Wolf
Hero
Hero

Post by Purple Wolf »

With the first look on this set and i can't stop staring :twitch: . The black falcons have returned! We kow have again the Lions, Dragons, and Falcons in one theam again. :spin: yaaaaa!
There's always room for dessert.
brickshelf
"Trolls exist! They steal your socks but only the left ones whats with that?"
Gatekeeper
Villein

Post by Gatekeeper »

I'm curious to see if the Black Falcon's return is merely a one time instance or if it harkens a complete return of the Falcons.

If it is a complete return, can we expect the Forestmen and the Wolfpack to be far behind?
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

George Bernard Shaw
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Gatekeeper wrote:I'm curious to see if the Black Falcon's return is merely a one time instance or if it harkens a complete return of the Falcons.

If it is a complete return, can we expect the Forestmen and the Wolfpack to be far behind?
Soounds like a poll question...

Personally, I don't think that LEGO would add a knight design for just one mainline set in this instance. Yet, there are as many opnions on this as there are members that responded to this post. LEGO company's little teaser for this year, I guess.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
MarioDAlessio
Foot Soldier

Post by MarioDAlessio »

MarioDAlessio wrote:Lego saids:

•Includes 9 minifigures: king, queen, princess,, lion knight, falcon knight, young squire, nobleman and 2 soldiers!

Can anyone confirm or identify any official Lego reference that this set will contain a Black Falcon?
Are those members posting to this thread in relation to the set containing a black falcon knight assuming this or is that the Lego press release was in error?

Can anyone identify any other official Lego reference other than the set will contain a falcon knight?

regards
mario
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

MarioDAlessio wrote:

Are those members posting to this thread in relation to the set containing a black falcon knight assuming this or is that the Lego press release was in error?

Can anyone identify any other official Lego reference other than the set will contain a falcon knight?

regards
mario
The shop.lego.com site has a picture that has the new black falcon shield mounted on the viewing stand.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Kingdoms-Joust-10223
Purple Wolf
Hero
Hero

Post by Purple Wolf »

Gatekeeper wrote:
I'm curious to see if the Black Falcon's return is merely a one time instance or if it harkens a complete return of the Falcons.

If they do that i would be very happy because (speaking as a wolf pack fan)i think they should of maid more wolf pack in the first place.
There's always room for dessert.
brickshelf
"Trolls exist! They steal your socks but only the left ones whats with that?"
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

For those lamenting that there is only one Black Falcon figure included in this set, I would point out that there appear to be three Black Falcon shields included in the set (one carried by the knight, one on the rail, and another at the eaves of a shelter). It seems to me that this would be enough to create a small contingent to accompany the black knight.
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

This notice is very great!

:D

Very much time waiting for this!... I hope this become the return of the ancient factions (started with crusaders/lions).

Definitevely, I will buy 2 or up to 4 of every set released... :tasty: I'm a Black Falcon and Black Knight fan, after all.

Sinceramente, me orine en mis pantalones al saber que hay la posibilidad de que la facción Black Falcons regrese!!! :D los comprarée toooodoooss!! jejeje! :spin:
Last edited by Lobberuno on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
MarioDAlessio
Foot Soldier

Post by MarioDAlessio »

divonic wrote:
MarioDAlessio wrote:

regards
mario
The shop.lego.com site has a picture that has the new black falcon shield mounted on the viewing stand.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Kingdoms-Joust-10223
thanks

I e-mailed LEGO Direct in relation to whether this set contains a black falcon knight; they confirmed only that the falcon knight is back!

regards
mario
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

thanks

I e-mailed LEGO Direct in relation to whether this set contains a black falcon knight; they confirmed only that the falcon knight is back!

regards
mario
Interesting, because I am the one who took the pictures of the actual figures in the set. The shields are the only pieces that have the black falcon emblem in the whole entire set. The torso is not a black falcon torso as my photos showed.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Bluesecrets wrote:
thanks

regards
mario
Interesting, because I am the one who took the pictures of the actual figures in the set. The shields are the only pieces that have the black falcon emblem in the whole entire set. The torso is not a black falcon torso as my photos showed.
I daresay a lot depends here on how Mario worded his inquiry, and on how the representative read it. If all he asked was along the lines of "Is there a Black Falcon knight in this set?" then, well, the pictures already told the story: "yes, of the two knights, one is a Black Falcon."

On the other hand, if the question was "does the Black Falcon knight in this set have a distinctive Black Falcon torso?" is an entirely different question, and if the LEGO rep read it correctly and still answered it affirmatively, then that is a very different sort of exciting story indeed.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

I daresay a lot depends here on how Mario worded his inquiry, and on how the representative read it. If all he asked was along the lines of "Is there a Black Falcon knight in this set?" then, well, the pictures already told the story: "yes, of the two knights, one is a Black Falcon."

On the other hand, if the question was "does the Black Falcon knight in this set have a distinctive Black Falcon torso?" is an entirely different question, and if the LEGO rep read it correctly and still answered it affirmatively, then that is a very different sort of exciting story indeed.
I would have to say that I would not be willing to trust 100% what a representative of LEGO Direct would say, as I doubt they have actually seen the set or had it in their hands. If the set's description includes the words "falcon knight" then they would indeed say it was there.

Regardless the semantics of this debate, it still remains that the only parts in the set that have the emblem are in fact the shields. Which does not guarantee that any other sets or figs will exist with that emblem. There have been and continue to be sets that do have only shields without figs in them.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

I'm totally lost as to the point of this debate about the Falcon knight.

1. Is there a falcon knight in this set? Yes.

2. Is it supposed to be a reboot of the Black Falcons? I don't know. The shield looks like it to me.

3. Does the torso make this a dragon knight rather than a falcon? No. The torso has no heraldry and is obviously being used for whatever Lego wants to use it for.

What exactly is the issue here and why are we still debating whatever it is we are debating?

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]