Less minifigs, horses and saddles in sets (every season)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Kayne_
Laborer

Re: Less minifigs, horses and saddles in sets (every season)

Post by Kayne_ »

I agree that I would love to see more minifigs and saddles/barding with the sets. That being said, I was at The Lego Store in Troy, MI last week and they have the white horse in the PAB wall, so you can stuff your cup full if you want. There were no saddles or barding to go with itm but such is life. As for the cost of Lego going up, inflation is one reason but don't forget that the cost of oil has risen dramatically over the last decade and Lego is a petroleum product!
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=darkenrahl_17]Kayne is able(Bricklink)[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkenrahl_17/]My Flickr[/url]
Medieval Guy
Squire

Post by Medieval Guy »

I have a solution here:
Lego could print a genaric barding piece with less distinct heraldry that could be used by any of their numerous armies. That's the only way you'll ever see barding for your old factions.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/70980]MOCpages[/url]
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Medieval Guy wrote:I have a solution here:
Lego could print a genaric barding piece with less distinct heraldry that could be used by any of their numerous armies. That's the only way you'll ever see barding for your old factions.
Mmm :) generic bardings in some cool colors (specially browns, oxford gray, oxide blue -like the crownies- and green). That is a good idea. I like it. :)
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

That Would be great!! although I don't think TLG would do that. But we can always hope!! :)
Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

Lobberuno wrote:Mmm :) generic bardings in some cool colors (specially browns, oxford gray, oxide blue -like the crownies- and green). That is a good idea. I like it. :)
Yes!! Especially brown, that would be awesome!
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

soccerkid6 wrote:
AK_Brickster wrote:It's called "inflation." You used to be able to buy a lot more for a dollar, not just Lego, but everything. That's what happens when the government just keeps printing money with nothing to back it up. *end of rant*
You are absolutely right, seems they government should have figured that out by now :roll:
The government doesn't print money, the Federal Reserve does, and, despite the name, it is not a part of the government. It is a private corporation whose owners have profited from planned financial disasters and inflation for over 100 years now.

Anyway, yes. I remember in the mid-late 80s, you could buy a boxed set for $2, and get a car and a figure. Now you get a polybag for $4 that comes with one guy and a few parts. You don't get anything with any real play value until you spend at least $10. Even more in some product lines.

Not sure how they expect to attract kids with a product they can't collect using their own allowances.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Mark of Falworth wrote:
That Would be great!! although I don't think TLG would do that. But we can always hope!! :)
Lego may not release any barding just for us, but there are bardings that are not strongly related to any faction by their looks:

Image Image
(pics = links)

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill