Less minifigs, horses and saddles in sets (every season)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Lobberuno
Laborer

Less minifigs, horses and saddles in sets (every season)

Post by Lobberuno »

By doing a comparison, we can notice that every season the lego sets use to have less minifigs or horses (even saddles/bardings), this as follow below:

GOLDEN AGE:
Lego Set 6080: 4 Knights on horseback, 4 archers, 2 spearman and 2 batlle axe man. Total = 12 minifigs + 4 horses with saddles.
Lego Set 6081: 2 Paladins on horseback and 6 minifigs (ghost included). Total = 8 minifigs + 2 horses (barding and saddle).
Lego Set 6085: 4 Knights on horseback and 8 minifigs. Total = 12 MInifigs + 4 horses (2 bardings + 2 saddles)
Lego Set 6086: 2 Paladins and 2 Knights in horseback, and 8 minifigs (ghost included). Total = 12 Minifigs + 4 horses (2 bardings + 2 saddles)

NOWADAYS:
Lego Set 7094: 2 Paladins (mounted on a dragon and a horse) and 8 minifigs. Total = 10 Minifigs + Dragon + Horse with Barding.
Lego Set 7946: 1 King on horseback, 1 paladin and 6 minifigs, Total = 8 Minifigs + 1 Horse with barding.

:? Is seriously TLG wants to reduce more those numbers?

What do you think about?

a) Yes. Lego must include many minifigs and horses with saddles/bardings like in Golden Age.
b) No. It's ok. I like to buy many battle packs, small sets or alone minifigs on internet, etc.
c) Well, I just buy only two or three sets, so I don't care about how many minifigs are included inside.
d) Other:_______________________________________________________________________________

Even when the number of pieces in sets has increased by three or four times, the number of minifigs has decreased. Here in México, battle packs are not available, and in that way, we can't build up armies. Instead of that, I use to bought several small sets.

Personally I think Lego can put on sale two sets, totally different but also Lego can add (in Lego.com) instructions for build a big one Tower o Castle (like the secondary constructions available in the back of the boxes some years ago). So, if we want more minifigs, obtain two Lego sets (small/medium size sets) with a little bit less bricks and we can build a bigger tower or castle by mixing both sets, and the final result is to have more minifigs.
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
OverLoad
Steward

Re: Less minifigs, horses and saddles in sets (every season)

Post by OverLoad »

I wouldn't mind having more minifgures per set. I'm sure we'd all appreciate that. :)

What bugs me though, is the lack of saddles. not horse barding, regular old saddles. I have...2? Maybe? One that in reddish brown (preferred color) and one in the turquoise like color from PoP. Where are all the saddles in the Castle realm as of late?
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

OverLoad wrote:I wouldn't mind having more minifgures per set. I'm sure we'd all appreciate that. :)

What bugs me though, is the lack of saddles. not horse barding, regular old saddles. I have...2? Maybe? One that in reddish brown (preferred color) and one in the turquoise like color from PoP. Where are all the saddles in the Castle realm as of late?

Yeah, I have like three, two of which are baby blue :mad: I mean none of the new sets come with them anymore.
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

Back in the day even some Cart sets came with an additional saddle:
6011, 6022, 6038.

The recent Cart 7949 doesn't even come with an additional black 1×2 plate to fill in the back of the horse. That's cheap.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

Well, I find something...

If you live in USA, Denmark, UK, Germany or Canada, you could buy White horses at Lego.com in the pick-a-brick menu for USD$0.75.

White Horse in Lego.com Pick-a-brick
Element ID: 4121830
Design ID: 75998
Price: $0.75 USD

But, What about the rest of countries? and, What about saddles or bardings? :(

Maybe lego is jealous of offering saddles and horses, although could also be that these parts are scarce in the Lego's Inventory for now, since the production is done in batches.
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

Lobberuno wrote:Well, I find something...

If you live in USA, Denmark, UK, Germany or Canada, you could buy White horses at Lego.com in the pick-a-brick menu for USD$0.75.

White Horse in Lego.com Pick-a-brick
Element ID: 4121830
Design ID: 75998
Price: $0.75 USD

But, What about the rest of countries? and, What about saddles or bardings? :(

Maybe lego is jealous of offering saddles and horses, although could also be that these parts are scarce in the Lego's Inventory for now, since the production is done in batches.
Actualy if lego would bring Barding to sell in their online shop, and if it had some of the older ones, i would buy some.

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
annie2200
Freeman

Post by annie2200 »

I pick up as many bardings and battle helmets and saddles as I need from Bricklink for around $8 AUD, $2 AUD & $2 AUD respectively. I have a large number of horses, however the accessories do seem to go walkabout. I also find it disappointing that the horse battle helmet comes in a red that is dark red, which does not match the bright red of the Fright Knights or the new Fantasy/Lion line.

And I totally agree with Jojo that
doesn't even come with an additional black 1×2 plate to fill in the back of the horse. That's cheap.
Lego is my first love, it will always be my last
rapsmocs
Villein

Post by rapsmocs »

I noticed two or three of the Prince of Persia sets come with saddles. Even some of the camels in those sets have have saddles. Some of these sets are on sale now at many places.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I doubt we'll see bardings ever offered as a Pick-a-Brick piece, since those invariably have printing (which adds to their production cost), and Pick-a-Brick selections seem to trend away from printed pieces--and even those printed pieces we've seen tend to be more common pieces, which barding emphatically are not.

But I don't see any reason why saddles need be so scarce, and I don't think LEGO needs worry about people scooping them up...
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

Formendacil wrote:I doubt we'll see bardings ever offered as a Pick-a-Brick piece, since those invariably have printing (which adds to their production cost), and Pick-a-Brick selections seem to trend away from printed pieces--and even those printed pieces we've seen tend to be more common pieces, which barding emphatically are not.

But I don't see any reason why saddles need be so scarce, and I don't think LEGO needs worry about people scooping them up...
ok, i agree. lol
but even if it didin't print a desing, if they were for sale it would be a item people would be looking for. Maybe a special edition of the old factions. The same way lego sells some battle packs of current factions, and vintage minifigs, Lego could made one with a falcon/crusader/dragons/bull or even the 375 castle factions, a barding with a knight and a horse

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
Sir Prog
Laborer

Post by Sir Prog »

You forgot to mention the rest of the statistic...Fewer figures, increased price. :mad:
For the King's Castle!
legoknight
Freeman

Post by legoknight »

To add to Sir Prog's statement, it seems that the sets have become more expensive with less pieces. Before, if you bought a set at $20, you would usually get 200+ pieces. Nowadays, buy a set at $20 and you'll only get about 150 to about 200 pieces- now rare to get over 200. But this is mainly for sets below $100. And this is all just based on my experience so I may be wrong depending on how you see it.
Everything is awesome!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/69141053@N08/]Flickr[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

It's called "inflation." You used to be able to buy a lot more for a dollar, not just Lego, but everything. That's what happens when the government just keeps printing money with nothing to back it up. *end of rant*
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

AK_Brickster wrote:It's called "inflation." You used to be able to buy a lot more for a dollar, not just Lego, but everything. That's what happens when the government just keeps printing money with nothing to back it up. *end of rant*
You are absolutely right, seems they government should have figured that out by now :roll:
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
surixurient
Serf

Post by surixurient »

Apparently the most expensive part of production is printing onto the plastic peices. (according to http://gizmodo.com/5022769/exclusive-in ... go-factory ) Minifigs being entirely printed are probably the most expensive parts of the sets.

I don't think that printing has gotten more expensive over the years, its that molding and plastic production has gotten much cheaper, more so than the printing process, which is probably why legos are still relatively cheap.