An Email to Lego

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
SPACE MARINE
Apprentice

An Email to Lego

Post by SPACE MARINE »

I sent n email to Lego, asking why there was only one Kingdoms set coming out in 2012, and here was the reply:

Dear LEGO fan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about our products.

It sounds like you must be a huge LEGO® fan! We can certainly understand that you might be disappointed that only one new Kingdom's set currently showing for 2012. We try to make a variety of toys that will please all our fans. The items that you see on the website are just previews of what is coming for 2012, but it doesn't mean that other Kingdom sets won't be released! Keep a look out in the next few months, because you never know what might be coming.

Thank you again for contacting us. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email or call one of our friendly Customer Care Advisors at 1-800-835-4386 (from within the US or Canada) or 1-860-749-0706 (from outside the US or Canada). We are available Monday through Friday from 8AM - 10PM EST and Saturday through Sunday from 10AM to 6PM EST.

Happy building!

Katie
LEGO Direct Consumer Services

Just thought you guys might be interested.
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good- Rom. 12:21

Little Bricks, BIG dreams
OverLoad
Steward

Re: An Email to Lego

Post by OverLoad »

I sure hope Kingdoms is still continuing. I already had the idea that Kingdoms got the ax cemented in my head, this little tidbit of info gives me lots of hope. :)
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I think the thing that needs to be remembered with your email is that TLG might not be willing to tell in advance, what sets will be coming out or not. Think about it. They are tough on leaks and getting tougher. Marketing has a strangle hold on release info. If its true, then that is sad, but I would take it with a grain of salt and just remain hopeful that maybe they are not allowed to discuss any future plans. If they are under NDA's they can not tell. Even the Ambassadors have zero access to future set plans.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
nsun
Serf

Post by nsun »

:sly: I take a look on the line...
King-side : (10223) Kingdoms Joust, a castle, an outpost.
Also, the King has a carriage, and a siege engine.

Peasant-side : a Blacksmith and a Farm

Dragon-side : two prisons, a prison carriage... :raiseone:

It's time for Dragons to have their own castle. Why we never see their general headquarters ? Balance between good and evil need it.
Oh.. maybe a top-secret, that the mysterious "black-falcon-like" Kignt of Kingdom Joust were ally the Dragon's army !?

Otherways, maketing and engineers needs time for developpement. Wait for the next catalogs.
Forgive me if sometimes I write in English as a robot...
powered by http://translate.google.fr/#fr|en|
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

Sounds promising and doesn't rule out them releasing sets later in 2012. I'd be happy to get even a couple of small sets. How about a medieval farmer with a few chicken and a goat or a knight on horseback.
I'm still hoping for a Kingdoms advent calendar next year. With the black falcon and maiden. :D

I seem to recall this time last year we didn't even know about the mill raid set. So there's still plenty of time for something to be announced.
anyway we are getting the Joust :D Its awesome enough even if we don't get any new castle sets until 2013
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

SPACE MARINE wrote:I sent n email to Lego, asking why there was only one Kingdoms set coming out in 2012, and here was the reply:
Katie LEGO Direct Consumer Services wrote: [...] but it doesn't mean that other Kingdom sets won't be released! Keep a look out in the next few months, because you never know what might be coming [...]
Surely this is a good notice and it looks Kingdoms will continue on 2012. Also, I'm agree that TLG reserves himself for let know to all people about their next products. Until that time, I'll continue saving up some money (specially if BF returns) :p

I dislike to speculate but it would be great to see Falcon Knights vs. Forestmen next year.

Also, How much could be few for TLG?
Last edited by Lobberuno on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
BTappel
Freeman

Post by BTappel »

This is fabulous news! I do not want to read too much into it, but I cannot help myself, so I will :) The email does seem to point to more kingdoms sets! Anyway, here is to hoping.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Lobberuno wrote:Also, How much could be few for TLG?
A few sets for a second or third year of a line is usually three sets for all retailers. There could also be a castle set that is exclusive to one retailer.

Ben
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

Let's hope that the Black Falcon is a clue of what's to come in the Kingdoms line.

That speculation aside, what are things we know or have seen...

1) Kingdoms is considered a core line, and will hopefully continue in the future.
2) We have seen recently that Lego has slashed underperforming lines / programs in order to maximize its resources to maximize
profits. That in mind, it can decide to end a line or change the way it markets a certain idea.

Personally, I'm surprised that they have a kingdoms line and a ninjago line concurrently. The ninjago line is there to attract non-traditional
lego users ... namely boys that are into Beyblades into Lego products. I'm not complaining. The Mill Raid set is pretty cool.
Lets hope for at least 3 or 4 sets and that all of them are awesome but dont break the bank.
BTappel
Freeman

Post by BTappel »

I have thought about the email some more, and here is my new theory. The email hints at more castle sets coming in 2012, but does not specifically say it is kingdoms. I take this to mean that kingdoms is over :( and it will be replaced by another castle theme. I am sad to see kingdoms go, but judging from the rumors I would guess LOTR is coming, and who could be too upset about that?! Also, the LEGO website is sold out of every kingdoms set released in 2010. With the holidays just around the corner, seems like a terrible time to run out of so many sets. Could mean they are making room for something else...
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

BTappel wrote:judging from the rumors I would guess LOTR is coming, and who could be too upset about that?!
Rumors or pure speculation? Everything I've heard in the past has said that LEGO isn't interested in the LOTR license. When the movies were coming out, LEGO was approached about the license, but turned it down because they felt that the films were outside their target market's age range. Hence, Playmates Toys got the license, and introduced "Intelliblox", which pretty much failed (I don't think any sets OTHER than LOTR came out with Intelliblox).

But granted, that was back probably in 1999 or 2000 that they made that decision-- and since then, LEGO's taken a dramatic turn in leadership and licensing. So, I suppose it would be possible that they'd consider something for The Hobbit movie that's coming out. If so, I would expect the leaks to have made it out already, though-- isn't the Hobbit coming out in 2012?

DaveE
BTappel
Freeman

Post by BTappel »

Yes the Hobbit movie is coming in 2012. I suppose you could say LOTR is pure speculation, but a lot of people seem sure of it. It reminds me of last year when the rumor was of a windmill with new animals. That rumor was obviously true, so I am leaning towards this one being true as well. Call me gullible...
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

BTappel wrote:Yes the Hobbit movie is coming in 2012. I suppose you could say LOTR is pure speculation, but a lot of people seem sure of it. It reminds me of last year when the rumor was of a windmill with new animals. That rumor was obviously true, so I am leaning towards this one being true as well. Call me gullible...

LOTR was an R film, and a fairly mature adult/graphic violence one at that.

The Hobbit is a kids book, and the film makers are doing it as such. I heard it was planned as a PG or PG-13 film.
BTappel
Freeman

Post by BTappel »

Kev wrote:LOTR was an R film, and a fairly mature adult/graphic violence one at that.

The Hobbit is a kids book, and the film makers are doing it as such. I heard it was planned as a PG or PG-13 film.
A quick google search will show LOTR was rated PG-13. Yes the Hobbit book was intended for younger audiences than LOTR, but I am guessing it will still be PG-13 for the fantasy violence scenes.

Overall, LOTR just makes sense - castle sets selling out, exclusive joust set to finish off kingdoms, hobbit movie coming, LOTR being re released in 3D, HP being discontinued, not to mention that people say they are certain it is coming.
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

BTappel wrote:
Kev wrote:LOTR was an R film, and a fairly mature adult/graphic violence one at that.

A quick google search will show LOTR was rated PG-13. Yes the Hobbit book was intended for younger audiences than LOTR, but I am guessing it will still be PG-13 for the fantasy violence scenes.

Overall, LOTR just makes sense - castle sets selling out, exclusive joust set to finish off kingdoms, hobbit movie coming, LOTR being re released in 3D, HP being discontinued, not to mention that people say they are certain it is coming.

Well my mistake then. But the point remains that the Hobbit is for younger folk, book and movie. Considering that it doesn't have the extended scenes of violence that LOTR has, I could definitely see Lego licensing it.