3 Favorite Impulse size castle sets.

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
captainamerica
Peasant

3 Favorite Impulse size castle sets.

Post by captainamerica »

I thought we could use a thread singing the praisies of all the tiny sets Lego has released for the castle theme.

To be clear, by impulse size I mean the tiny little bagged (or even boxed) sets that have less than 50pcs and usually contain one minifigure (but some have none while others have 2) and retail for less than US$5. Not restricted to what you have but any sets that are theme and size appropriate.

My top 3 are:

6013 Samurai Swordsman: To me, the perfect impulse set because I wish I had 20 of them. Why waste time with bricks and studs when you can fill a set with a Samurai, Horse, weapons and armor?

5615 The Knight: A fantastic set! A fully equipped soldier plus enough extra gear to equip a Knight.

7953 Jester: I like the figure, glad TLG gave him a 2-sided head, and the little stage gives him somewhere to stand in MMV.
'more Legos than sense'
lord_of_orks
Squire

Re: 3 Favorite Impulse size castle sets.

Post by lord_of_orks »

my favorites are:
1596 gostly hideout: a tree, a rock,and two minifigs one of which is a ghost, what more could you ask for :D
677 knight's procession: the largest number of minifigs in any castle impulse set!
target practice(I don't know the product number): a nice assortment of parts and a good minifig :)
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... rd-of-orks]brickshelf[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lord_of_orks/6939512687/]flicker[/url]
one for all! all for one! every man for him self!
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

My top 3 pics would be

set 6103 Castle mini figures. [does this count as an impulse set?] 6 figures and a great mix of factions and weapons. It had 2 Falcons, 2 forestmen, 1 Lion and a farmer with a pitchfork. What more could you want? Wish I had a few more of these when I was a kid. Its an instant battle in a box with 3 factions and a civilian.

5615 - The Knight. One great figure with more weapons and armour than he can wear.

6009 - The Black Knight. Great looking figure with full dragon helmet and plumes. He also comes with a spare sword, lance and crossbow. If he had just had the dragons barding on the horse it would have been perfect.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

dyntar wrote:5615 - The Knight. One great figure with more weapons and armour than he can wear.

6009 - The Black Knight. Great looking figure with full dragon helmet and plumes. He also comes with a spare sword, lance and crossbow. If he had just had the dragons barding on the horse it would have been perfect.
Looking at my own collection--both what it has and what it lacks--I have to agree with these two inclusions. "The Knight" is a fantastic army builder that both gives you a soldier and gives you the armour to turn some unsuspecting Town fig into a soldier, and the pieces that make up the stand are great to have in large quantities. Alas, I think I only ended up getting two of them... but it wasn't for desire of more.

"The Black Knight," on the other hand, is a set that I never got--though my brother had it, a fact of which I was (am) jealous for years. A fully armoured, dragon-plumed Black Knight is almost unbeatable... and take a look at the prices these can go for on Bricklink these days--there is a reason I still don't have one.

My third nominee, however, will be the more "fringey" suggestion of 6007 Batlord. As this is a Fright Knights set, some of you may think that I'm out of my mind... but bear with me. First of all, this set has no real construction element, so it avoids the generally poor designs of the theme. Secondly, it's single fig is not Willa, who rightly bears the brunt of many's anger. What it *does* have, however, is a classic dragon in the smallest set it was ever available in, with a fig that has army-building utility. While he is not everyone's *favourite* bad-guy, I maintain that he is not a terrible one, and each of his constituent parts is worth having at least one of. What is more, he comes with his bat-staff and cape, which he does *not* have in "Fright Force," the next-smallest Fright Knight set with him. Of all the Fright Knight line, this is the one set that I don't think ought to be passed up, though I will admit that, unlike the two other sets I nominate, it is not an army-builder.

For what it's worth... I considered nominating 8777 Vladek Encounter or 8873 Fireball Catapult instead.
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

lord_of_orks wrote: target practice(I don't know the product number): a nice assortment of parts and a good minifig :)
I just found this at my local Target. There was only 1 with all the Toy story army men impulse bags, little Christmas present to myself.
Knight Man
Journeyman

Post by Knight Man »

These are not in order(1)30062 Target Practice. Nice fig and three weapons. (2)5615 The Knight. Extra armor. (3) 4806 Axe Cart. Lots of weapons and nice design. ~KnightMan~
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8475/8406300705_86b2d80f86_m.jpg[/img] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/76575933@N02/]My Flickr[/url] [url=https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-The_Creator]My sets[/url]