Citizens of the CCC, lend me your ears!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

Alright, here's my two cents: I think we need to buy more LEGO sets than ever. LEGO needs money, so we need to give it to them. Then I think we should all send e-mails to people at TLC and tell them what we want.
I like this Idea Mr. D. Money talks after all. Of course we have to have lots of money to through at TLC but... ahhh details

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

JPinoy Wrote:
Buy Megabloks?!?!?!

BLASPHEMER!!!!

*prepares Ancient armies for a massive BrikWar*
Dude,

You have to relax a bit on the Megabloks front. Not everyone can afford to build armies the way you do. Is Lego better? Yes, but for some people being able to build armies easily and cost effectively outweighs having to pay what castle figs are costing right now. There really isn't any reason to flame every person who says they have bought Megabloks. You seem financially blessed enough to only purchase Lego sets and that is great for you, congratulations, but you don't have to rub it in. Just a thought.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Generally the "BLASPHEMER!!!!" bit is meant as a joke. As for me, I have less money to spend on LEGO than probably anyone else here.

I generally keep to LEGO. I really do not like the overal architecture of the MegaBlock fig. The legs can be hard to get into their slots, and I hate the lack of wrist articulation (sp?). Plus, most of the MB Dragons stuff is superly juniorized. The wall pieces are, IMHO, worse than the LEGO ones in terms of juniorization. I must admit though, MB LOOKS better...
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Re: China --

Post by Dan_BL »

DaveOhare01 wrote:
Anyway, all I'm saying is if we want to do a lot of custom stuff, there are ways to get it done cheaply, rather than going to the folks here in the US who do one or two bits at a time by hand. Quality would not be a problem and we would actually be designing for ourselves -- not necessarily for profit.
Dave
If I remember correctly (which I don't) there is a company in China that already does what we're proposing. They're products are often seen selling on ebay. I don't believe the sets have names, but they are very recognizable to the original ones they are copying that lego has come out with (eg.: catapult subs. for cannon in Royal Drawbridge).
wlister wrote:JPinoy Wrote:
Buy Megabloks?!?!?!

BLASPHEMER!!!!

*prepares Ancient armies for a massive BrikWar*
Dude,

You have to relax a bit on the Megabloks front. Not everyone can afford to build armies the way you do. Is Lego better? Yes, but for some people being able to build armies easily and cost effectively outweighs having to pay what castle figs are costing right now. There really isn't any reason to flame every person who says they have bought Megabloks. You seem financially blessed enough to only purchase Lego sets and that is great for you, congratulations, but you don't have to rub it in. Just a thought.

Will
A joke.....just a joke. A joke that sometimes I enjoy endulging myself into :-)

I can't say I really like this thread. Judging my the "age thread" we had a week ago, it appears that there are a lot of young users posting here. Now I don't remember who is what for age and all that but all I can say is...in those golden years (age 12-20) [or around there], the majority of people don't have an easy 500 bucks to spend just like that. Beyond that is fine, you're on your way to life.......(blah blah blah). But don't forgot to consider that joining this group means that you will invest money, time and skill and plan to stick with it!

My two cents.

Just don't look for a Image from me if the clan dies out after a month or so.

Dan