Disney Princesses Sets

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Re: Disney Princesses Sets

Post by Bruce N H »

Hey all,

Walmart has posted all (I assume) of the Disney Princess sets, so that means they are now "legitimate leaks" and open for discussion. You can see them all on Brickset. I want them all (because I have daughters, of course). I've always thought this was a no-brainer theme. I would have rather seen them as minifigs rather than Friends-figs, but given the popularity of Friends this was probably the right choice. Lots of great castle potential.

Bruce
[url=http://comicbricks.blogspot.com/]ComicBricks[/url] [url=http://godbricks.blogspot.com/]GodBricks[/url] [url=http://microbricks.blogspot.com/]MicroBricks[/url] [url=http://minilandbricks.blogspot.com/]MinilandBricks[/url] [url=http://scibricks.blogspot.com/]SciBricks[/url] [url=http://vignettebricks.blogspot.com/]VignetteBricks[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/bricktales/]Brick Tales[/url]
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

I want all of them myself, as I have stated before. And I am GLAD that they are in the Friends line. That makes them minifig compatible. Belville was lovely, but the dolls were too big and some accessories look ridiculously huge with minifigs. I can't wait until I'm done Christmas shopping and can start buying these for me. And yes, there are castle compatible parts in them. Yay!
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Purple Wolf
Hero
Hero

Post by Purple Wolf »

Those are not bad especially for in the parts that come with them I may have to get that Rapunzel's tower set.

Purple Wolf :)
There's always room for dessert.
brickshelf
"Trolls exist! They steal your socks but only the left ones whats with that?"
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

That "Ariel's Amazing Treasures" set looks pretty nice too, with the new plant parts and the sheet music tile.
Aeridian
Councilor
Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Post by Aeridian »

I think the seaweed is a new color, or rather a different color than it has been previously, cool. I really like the new plants, they'll come in really useful for landscaping and vegetation.
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeridian/]Flickr[/url]
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

Hmm, something else I just noticed, several boys/men for those Friends villages and play.

Frank
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Happiness and joy!!!!!!! These are finally up at s@h...sure I can't buy them until January 1...but I"m squealing in delight. Oh the parts are SO good.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

I saw a couple of Cinderella sets on the shelves at Target the other day. I don't know if they jumped the gun or what.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Toys R Us had 3 of the sets. I got two..the smallest two they had. Their mark up just isn't worth me buying anymore than that there.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Mark of Falworth
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by Mark of Falworth »

I can tell you like these sets, Blue. ;)

They look quite nice! I like that gold bow and new plants are always welcome. I might actually have to buy some of these... :D
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

I can tell you like these sets, Blue. ;)
I'm not the only one.

So I have these two sets:

41050 Ariel's Amazing Treasures - it contains Flounder!! This is epic for those of us wanting other fish for our water scenes. It has the new plant pieces which are really really nice. (I need like 1000 of these). It has the cactus plant piece in a bright green. Not to mention a tile with sheet music printed on it. Plus a lot of nice little flower pieces. It is a nice little set. And I'm not just saying that because I want to be a Disney Princess.

41053 Cinderella's Dream Carriage - Now normally I will tell you, I am not big on carriages. But I do like this one. It is a different build. It has lovely colors. And it is sturdy. The set has pink heart gems!!!!! And a treasure chest in that medium lavender of the Friends line. The carriage wheels are...really decorative but that would make amazing wheels for a really rich King's carriage. There is a mushroom and two pumpkins. And two of the fancy new 1x1 round with the dome on top.

Overall, they were good solid builds full of amazing girly girl happiness and delight. And the parts are well worth buying them. Even if you can't see yourself buying them for a castle build, trust me, you may end up using them in one way or the other.

I shall be buying the whole line. So I'm sure if I remember, I will update you on what I am finding...just so to tempt you to buy these. Or your Mom to want them, or even your Gramma...because I already tempted a few women in the TRU I was at, including a couple of Gramma's. Hey! Sharing the LEGO loving is always a good thing. And just think...if you can get your Mom or Gramma to love the LEGO...they could share the loving back with you!

*edit*

I have found two more!!

41502 Ariel's Magic Kiss - There are lovely pieces in this set. I'm not so sure there is much castle parts in it other than the gold domed 1x1 rounds. There are 3 of the new plant piece and 1 of the new heart gems. The "catcus" piece is in the bright green. Overall it is a great build and it has FOOD! And a pink rowboat but I doubt that has any fascination to many here.

41504 - Rapunzel's Creativity Tower - Now this one has a lot of annoying large round pieces. I'm not a fan of the big wall pieces..AT ALL. But there is PASCAL!!!! If you have watched Tangled then you have to just love that he exists in brick form. There are lots of details like paintbrushes and the like. Way too many stickers that I didn't use because I am anti-sticker. Lots of plants. Over all a fun build, with a lot of pink and purple. Yay pink and purple.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Year 2 has hit the shelves. Not a great amount in parts for castle in the three sets I have gotten 41060 Sleeping Beauty's Royal Bedroom, 41061 Jasmine's Exotic Palace and 410623 Ariel's Undersea Palace.

There are new rug tiles that are lovely and can have use in castles for tapestries. There is the new huge clam pieces. The heart gems are in trans light blue. Pink and lime leaves...for those of you wanting odd colored leaves. Lots of unicorn horns in gold. Double cheese slopes in magenta. Sparkly purple cone pieces and...get this the flame piece in light trans blue with silver sparkles in it. Trans clear crystal ball piece with silver sparkles. An actual Sebastian piece instead of the regular crab piece.

Not completely sold on these as castle part packs, but as completely thrilled with them as the first line.

Now I wonder just how long it will take for me to actually find the Frozen one...might just have to order it because I highly doubt that one will stay on the shelves.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

I got the new catalog in the mail today. I'm surprised the Elsa set is only $39.99. I would have thought they'd choose a much higher price point (and size) considering how ludicrously popular that movie is.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Karalora wrote:I got the new catalog in the mail today. I'm surprised the Elsa set is only $39.99. I would have thought they'd choose a much higher price point (and size) considering how ludicrously popular that movie is.
I'm not. That set will never sit on a shelf...ever. Parents will be more likely to buy a $40 set than a $55. Quantity of sale...just watch this set fly and oh will it. Elsa, Anna AND Olaf...good luck getting your hands on it.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

That's what I mean. Frozen is such a hit that they could have made a $100 ice castle and watched it fly off the shelves.