Galidor Knights DOES NOT EQUAL System Castle

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Stephen
Laborer

Post by Stephen »

I am also relieved to hear that the LEGO Castle theme isn't dead. I knew that castle wouldn't die as long as we had faith.

I am even more relieved to see that Jojo's sig fig is back from the dead!

Welcome back Adlerritter!

Stephen
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

There is something funny in all of this.

I was bored at work last night and I went to www.bzpower.com (Bionicle fan site) and read their article about the new "Knight's Kingdom" figures, and then clicked on the forum link in the article.

There were over 180 posts in that thread, and while the general attitude was more positive than on castle forums, there were also a lot of people saying "These new Knight's Kingdom figures are going to replace Bionicle!" or "Lego is discontinuing Bionicle for these, boycott them so they realize the error of their ways!"

I just thought it was funny that the Castle and Bionicle people both feared that it spelled doom for the products they collect.

However, there were also a lot of people on the Bionicle forum saying "those are sooooo cool!", "those swords will be awesome for my (some Bionicle thing)", or "I'll buy one or two and see how I like them." Of course, I would expect them to have a more positive attitude towards them since they are more similar in how they are used.

Personally, I still plan to pick one up, probably the green one, just to see what it's like. Besides, it might be useful for creating MOC giants or something. It doesn't look like there will be much else for me to do with my LEGO money until the alleged system castle sets finally come out.
TheMightyTwoAxe
Serf

Post by TheMightyTwoAxe »

A new castle line next year, excellent! I take back all the bad things I said last week.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

There is no confirmation of this information "TheMightyTwoAxe". That's only rumor for the moment.

We just have to wait and see.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Everyone keep an eye on sites like BrickLink, LUGnet, and BrickSet. Sometimes people leak stuff to others in those sites.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Magnus
Artisan

new castle stuff

Post by Magnus »

You know, as much as I know there are good people in TLC who want to be bale to do favours for us AFOLs, I can't help but think that whatever new castle type stuff they put out next will most likely be a disappointment. Face it, castle started going downhill years and years ago, the only thing (short of rereleasing more old classic sets) which would really make most of us jump for joy would be some sort of return to the old modular idea, a move away from the juniorisation which already has gone too far, and sets which contains lots of useful grey brick.

A couple of ideas for the sort of things that would make me really happy:

- a series of scaled down models of well known actual castles. Just as they have put out those WWI planes in order to try to sell them to older people, they could put out say a $50 to $100 set model of say the Tower of London etc.

- more minifig scaled new creations which were as terrific as the Blacksmith's shop. I'd welcome a new series/faction or two, but only if the sets were actually decent. If they continue on the downward slope in the vein of the Knights Kingdom, I really wouldn't buy that many sets.

- more bulk sets in grey (not the new grey), including the sorts of brick we need most of all.

-a bulk set of medieval themed minifigs, say 20 to 30 figs, some military, some civilian of various sorts. They did do it for town, this isn't that inconceiveable.

-simple and unimaginative I know, but just rerelease the King's Castle, the Battering Ram and Siege wall, and all those old classic sets.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Sources tell me that next year's castle theme is going to be good and I was right with my assumption that the new theme would have something to do with red. The source further states that it will have something to do with a winged creature but won't specify. My guess is that it is a dragon or some kind of bird for their emblem.

The source is also an army collector like me and states that the source will replace some of the source's armies. In other words, the new theme is that good.

I also came upon a business news article saying that Lego would be going back to their old style of doing things. Products with good quality and etc. But I don't think that means that they would cut Bionicle, just make the System sets the way they used to be but also keep the new crap... umm... I mean stuff in production.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

here's hoping!
*says a novena*

: )
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Hmm... I think what we'd all really like is less flash and more quality - - give me the crusaders with a different emblem and a solid castle... throw in one of the many different kinds of fantasy/castle creatures there is for a little flash... "presto" - a castle system we'll all enjoy building...
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

From where your informations come from JPinoy ?
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

JPinoy:
Sources tell me that next year's castle theme is going to be good and I was right with my assumption that the new theme would have something to do with red. The source further states that it will have something to do with a winged creature but won't specify. My guess is that it is a dragon or some kind of bird for their emblem.

The source is also an army collector like me and states that the source will replace some of the source's armies. In other words, the new theme is that good.

I also came upon a business news article saying that Lego would be going back to their old style of doing things. Products with good quality and etc. But I don't think that means that they would cut Bionicle, just make the System sets the way they used to be but also keep the new crap... umm... I mean stuff in production.
please tell me the source in a private message. Unless it is credible, it is crap. I mean the sources in my head tell me Tower of Vlad Dracula will be made as a MOC *wishes*

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Here's a bit of logic:

If somebody reveals their source, their source usually gets in trouble. The kind of people that sources trust information with aren't the kinds of people who go around revealing their sources.

I thought discussing leaks was forbidden on here anyway? *shrug*
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Dragon_Master

My source is someone from BrickLink and thats all I'll reveal. I too at first doubted what this source said several months ago, until I saw one of the Lego representatives in LUGnet make that comment about Castle in late 2004.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
rogue27 wrote:Here's a bit of logic:
If somebody reveals their source, their source usually gets in trouble. The kind of people that sources trust information with aren't the kinds of people who go around revealing their sources.
That's true.
I thought discussing leaks was forbidden on here anyway? *shrug*
Harhar! The adminds are out of town over the weekend! Harhar!
No! Let's behave as we are supposed to.

Bye
Jojo

Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Sorry, I just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing...again :cry:

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II