Discussion of Castle Sets by LEGO personnel

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
sassymanjohnson
Serf

Discussion of Castle Sets by LEGO personnel

Post by sassymanjohnson »

Hi,

I very much enjoyed this article by someone who works at LEGO. I guess they did an interview for Classic-Castle a few years back.
http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/arti ... ack07.html

Are there more stories like that on this site or on other websites? I was looking around on Classic-Castle.com but couldn't find any more so thought to check with the gang.

Thanks! :)

-Sassy
sassymanjohnson
Serf

Re: Discussion of Castle Sets by LEGO personnel

Post by sassymanjohnson »

Anyone?? :)
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Re: Discussion of Castle Sets by LEGO personnel

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

I found that article quite interesting also. Particularly the part about character testing among the kids and the division between clear bad guys and good guys. It seems when I was a kid, and the Lego knights had their own individual coats of arms, the fights they got into were a lot more political. But maybe that's just in retrospect.
sassymanjohnson wrote:Are there more stories like that on this site or on other websites?
I'm not exactly sure. The only thing that comes to mind right away is if you go to the Lego website, a lot of times on the new larger sets there will be a short video where one of the developers introduces the set. In addition to discussing the features of the set, they also will usually discuss the approach they took in designing the set and reasons behind developing it the way they did.