Vladek's Fortress and Yellow Castle theory

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Vladek's Fortress and Yellow Castle theory

Post by Elephant Knight »

First off, Nexo Knights has made me nostalgic for KK2. (Yeah, all you old people are looking at me weird now) All this nostalgia made we want to rebuild 8877 Vladek's Dark Fortress (You have to admit, at least the Shadow Knights were awesome) Immediately after completing it, I noticed it bore a striking resemblance, layout wise, to 375 (Yellow) Castle.

Photo evidence:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/J3AJcW][img]https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7117/275963930 ... 0958_n.jpg[/img][/url]

Look at that. drawbridge, center tower, two identical towers off on each side, come one! It has to be more than coincidence.

So, here is my theory:

For all those who know some of the back story to KK2, after the first wave of sets, Vladek was banished to the ancient land of Ankoria, where he built his fortress. Or something to that affect. What if, that ancient land of Ankoria, was the land of the Classic Castle, and Vladek used his dark magic to transform the old yellow castle to his fortress? It is established his dark magic can do such stuff, as he did it to the castle of Morcia. (Perhaps not to the same extent, but he got more powerful and had more time to work with the Yellow Castle)

Just a thought I had.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Wilfred of Ivanhoe
Peasant

Re: Vladek's Fortress and Yellow Castle theory

Post by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »

You have a solid argument here. I never noticed the similarities. Sharp eyes!
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Re: Vladek's Fortress and Yellow Castle theory

Post by Bluesecrets »

I agree. Good eye and good comparison. I know you are a big yellow castle fan, so I shouldnt' be surprised.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!