71040 Disney Castle

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
sathalarin
Freeman

Re: 71040 Disney Castle

Post by sathalarin »

for anyone trying to save money Reg Lego stores offer you vip points, however Merlin entertainment aka Lego land offers a 10% military discount they don't honor the Vip card but for you veterans out their. with the estimated launch price of 360 thats a 36 dollar savings. vs Lego vip earning you just 15 bucks. I plan on buying 2, 1 at Merlin when it first releases and then a second one if one comes in damaged as damaged sets from Lego stores get you your choice of 10% off or double vip. double vip would be 30 bucks. or as previously stated 36 dollars off. your choice. i am saving my vip for the second castle up to 80 bucks saved bucks lol.
Are our builds ever really done?
[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1510/25973779 ... 944e_t.jpg[/img]
Grover
Peasant

Post by Grover »

FYI, this set is available right now to VIP members. Became available at midnight. The general populace has to wait until September 1st. The early VIP access was not well advertised.
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

Grover wrote:FYI, this set is available right now to VIP members. Became available at midnight. The general populace has to wait until September 1st. The early VIP access was not well advertised.
Thank you so much for letting me know! I was ready to wait. Instead...I placed my order and now I wait. Yay! SO excited!
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

My castle arrived. There is a slight disappointment to report...the shields...are stickers. Well I am not disappointed, but I know others will be.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

Are those some of the first shields to be stickered rather than printed?
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

soccerkid6 wrote:Are those some of the first shields to be stickered rather than printed?
Not really. The first ever castle shields from 375 (Yellow) Castle were all stickers. There were also rare cases of some of the 8777 Vladek Encounter KK2 set having stickers, as well as 10176 Royal Kings Castle. when shields have been used elsewhere, like a [url=http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalog ... 25#T=C&C=3]City[/url] or [url=http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalog ... 2#T=C&C=86]Harry Potter set[/url], they have seen stickers as well.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
soccerkid6
Admin
Admin

Post by soccerkid6 »

Ah, right. I should have remembered the Yellow Castle shields were stickered.
John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Brickbuilt: http://www.brickbuilt.org/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaacsnyder/
Grover
Peasant

Post by Grover »

You're welcome! I'm sorry to hear that the shields are stickered. That's kind of a bummer. I am still waiting on mine and it was ordered a few minutes after midnight. *sigh*

If you are interested, the dark green and light green foliage limbs are for sale on the PAB area online. Expensive, but cheaper than BrickLink in most cases and you get them new.
sathalarin
Freeman

Post by sathalarin »

bought this on vip early release... 1 bag from finishing its so nice up close however the donald mini fig is the exact same as the series release... the others are different and i'm loving the shields.
Are our builds ever really done?
[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1510/25973779 ... 944e_t.jpg[/img]
Grover
Peasant

Post by Grover »

I didn't buy it for the figures! In fact, I may be one of the few people that didn't really care about the Disney minifigs all that much. I picked up a few for their hair and whatnot, but didn't pick up any of the mice or ducks. I'm a little bummed that the Disney castle doesn't have anything besides Tinkerbell that has hair I can reuse on other figs.
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

Grover wrote:I didn't buy it for the figures! In fact, I may be one of the few people that didn't really care about the Disney minifigs all that much. I picked up a few for their hair and whatnot, but didn't pick up any of the mice or ducks. I'm a little bummed that the Disney castle doesn't have anything besides Tinkerbell that has hair I can reuse on other figs.
It's a spendy set and it was limited. Give it time. The hair and fig will eventually show up.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

The shields being stickers is a massive disappointment to me. :(
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Bluesecrets

Post by Bluesecrets »

If I had to describe the build now that I have finished...it is like a cross between a modular and a decent castle set. There were some pretty interesting building techniques. Lots of great pieces (not that I am every taking it apart). It's everything a wanna be Disney Princess could wish for in a LEGO castle...except well maybe it could use some...Princesses. It is a solid build.

Nothing disappointing in it for me. I don't mind the shields. I don't mind the stickers and I usually never put them on. Would it part out well? I think so but no way would I spend $350+ just to part a set out. Tinkerbell can got for $75 all she wants...that is a spendy set to buy to part out. No thank you. I may consider buying a second...for later in life in case this one ever comes apart.

I gave myself a week to build it because I like spreading out the build on these huge sets to prolong the enjoyment. I am not sure I would buy this for a child. It is too intricate and delicate in a few places for child's hands. But lucky us...parents will buy it and it will end up in garage sales!

As a castle builder...I was thrilled. It was good enough to feel like a MOC and not a set. I even liked it better than MMV, which classifies as my favorite castle set.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Wilfred of Ivanhoe
Peasant

Post by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »

I like the castle itself, however, I am not a Disney fan at all. I would love to see a MOC using this set that has the Disney castle under attack by an :orc: hoard. Perhaps the orcish chieften could be holding out Mickey's severed head or possibly have it mounted on a pike. I know, I know. I'm probably :twisted: . It would be so cool though. I would love to see that siege.
sassymanjohnson
Serf

Post by sassymanjohnson »

I have this set and think it rocks. There is so much detail to enjoy and everyone who visits and sees it enjoys it.