Collectible Minifigures Series 17

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 17

Post by Elephant Knight »

I'm definitely going to enjoy adding a few of those guys to the pirate portion of my collection. As pointed out, still a bloody mystery why he was kept so secret.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

Seems like the costumed figures (Corn & Rocket man) are the most popular, so maybe concealing their identities would make more sense.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

I'm not necessarily going to complain that LEGO tried something new with marketing this series (it's crazy how long Collectible Minifigs have been around now--I was still in Canada when they started...), though the Highwayman does seem to be more hype than substance in its reveal. I like him as a minifig; I'm just not sure why they chose him.

Nonetheless, between the Elf lady, the SPACE! kid (I had zero interest in him until I saw that glorious torso!), the Dwarf, and the Highwayman, it's a decent haul for figs I'm actually interested in. The Elf's overall colours/design actually remind me of the custom [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/article ... nMoon.html]Elves of the Silvan Moon[/url] faction that Anthony Sava did back in the day. Not saying there's a causal connection, but there is definitely a shared idea of what a LEGO elf could look like.
Purple Wolf
Hero
Hero

Post by Purple Wolf »

Formendacil wrote:I'm not necessarily going to complain that LEGO tried something new with marketing this series (it's crazy how long Collectible Minifigs have been around now--I was still in Canada when they started...), though the Highwayman does seem to be more hype than substance in its reveal. I like him as a minifig; I'm just not sure why they chose him.
Honestly this is the question everyone is asking. It doesn't seem to tie into anything else.

However I will say that this series has some excellent figs and I well be looking forward to acquiring some of them.

Purple Wolf :)
There's always room for dessert.
brickshelf
"Trolls exist! They steal your socks but only the left ones whats with that?"
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

Formendacil wrote: the SPACE! kid (I had zero interest in him until I saw that glorious torso!),
I basically had the same reaction with that fig.

As a whole, I got more interested in the series after I saw a review of them.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

So I am late to this party, because I'm beginning to wonder if the whole collecti fig thing is over for me...and then I split a case with two friends for this series...so I finally looked at it. That elf girl's everything but being an elf...is so WOW. I love the back of the wig. I just wish she wasn't an elf. Hey...I'm not into elves unless they are one of two kinds: Santa's or Keebler's. But for those of you who are all elf happy...be happy this one is great. I need to scoop up a few before she gets ridiculously priced.

Now as a pirate chick, the mystery guy is quite pleasing also.

I don't quite get the fascination with the corn on the cob guy. His stache is cool...and that is about all I find awesome about it.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!