A Kind Of Embarrassing Question...

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Dragon Master
Merchant

A Kind Of Embarrassing Question...

Post by Dragon Master »

Do you actually play with you LEGO CASTLE, and other themes. You know not just build...but play with the figs and things?

I'll answer soon as some others do...
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: these are toys meant to be played with!

I am a full grown man and I play like crazy- emphasis on the crazy! :D
Most of it is coming up with scenarios for the people as I build, but sometimes its simply having my bad guys attack the good guys.
And of course it helps having my boy playing with me :wink: then I look like less of a loony...

Freak
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Ok, I'll admit it. I do play with them. If I try to do t alone, if someone saw me playing, it would be weird. I have no problem building in front of people though. I do make storlines for the figs. It mostly follow the LEGO storlines, but there are many twisting webs from them. I do play and enjoy it. I wouldn't have it another way!

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I mostly build, but fortunatly I have kids so I get the chance to "play" when I am with them. The ideas kids come up with are so inventive and fun, playing without involving my kids would seem a little hollow to me. I still act out scenarios in my head, but I usually let my kids wreak havok in my village for a while and then I get to rebuild everything. Before I had kids I definitly did a lot more actual playing, but building seems to take up most of my time now, perhaps when I'm not a daysleeper anymore I will have more time to play.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Yes I play BrickWars with them. I also like to play around with my other MOT (My Own Theme), the near-future one I call "Conflict Zone - Global Crisis"
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

I play with them :p Everything I build goes along with what I am playing too... :) :oops:
Christopher McCleerey
Peasant

Post by Christopher McCleerey »

Yay Brickwars!
I do play and enjoy it. I wouldn't have it another way!
I'm with you on this Dragon Master! Sure I play with them. I make stories within the themes and beyond the themes. Besides, everyone I know probably assumes that I have a LEGO collection because I play with LEGO. So why should I disapoint them?

Long ago I did ponder my sanity. But once I thoroughly concluded that I was insane I felt much better. I wonder if this makes any of you feel better though?

C
A cartographer's end:
"Here be dragons!"
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Play for sure!!!! I am just finishing up the first semester of Practical Nursing, so I am a little pressured for time, but in 3 weeks I have almost 2 weeks off..... battles, theiving, pillaging.....I can hardly wait! :D
Troy T. Moore
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Nice to hear I'm not the only one 8)

WHAT THE HECK IS BRICKWARS?

DM
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

DM - www.brikwars.com will tell you all you need to know 8) 8)

As for playing -- of course I do!!! :P Why bother building a giant fortress if you can't knock it down?? :lol:

I don't play as much as I used to, but my little sister makes up for that. :wink:
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

I LOVE brikwars :twisted: the person who wrote the rules had a wacky sense of humor too.

I love to play with my Legos! However, I now am finding myself spending more time posting here :o

Now would that be a good thing or a bad thing....
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Re: A Kind Of Embarrassing Question...

Post by JoshWedin »

Sure do! I also have kids so that helps hide the fact that I play. I recently had a big playing session with my 9 year old and his best friend. I was the forestmen and they had the town and castle (all mostly stuff I had built). I stole all of their gold, which made them mad. So, they brought out the army and killed most of my men (I tried to convince them that they kept missing but it didn't work!).

Play On!
Josh
Belisarius
Serf

Post by Belisarius »

Dragon Master wrote:Do you actually play with you LEGO CASTLE, and other themes. You know not just build...but play with the figs and things?
Of course I play with them! Lego must be played with and I try to only build things I need to use to play with.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

JoshWedin wrote:Sure do! I also have kids so that helps hide the fact that I play. I recently had a big playing session with my 9 year old and his best friend. I was the forestmen and they had the town and castle (all mostly stuff I had built). I stole all of their gold, which made them mad. So, they brought out the army and killed most of my men (I tried to convince them that they kept missing but it didn't work!).

Play On!
Josh
Lol, nice to see someone who has fun!

Those damed forestmen!

Bye,

Dragon Master

P.S. They kept missing, lol :lol:
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

I play with them.

-Jeff