Weekly Set Review: Dragon Wagon

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

i always like this set. I really liked all the ladders it came with, and the arches. Plus any brown horses were a nice addition. Its one of the few sets I got doubles of.

:D
Silent Arrow
Villein

Post by Silent Arrow »

Although Dragon Master's sets had poor design, this set seems quite good. Nevertheless the ugly figures spoil the satisfactory design of the cart.........
I don't own this set, Dragon Masters (the ugly figures especially) were the reason I stopped buying Lego. During the year 1993 only the Space theme was impressive.............
DMS
Gong Farmer

Test

Post by DMS »

I'm new to all of this, forum stuff that is. Well, here it goes. I only have one of this set, but I always liked it, and I like that copper cage idea. I'd rate this 3/5......
And I quote the blood thirsty beast,
"Blaargh! AARR grrrrrr GRAAARGH!".
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

The issue of the flag priniting is very simple in all three sets 6082, 6076 and 6056. It's depends when you bought it, when they first came out in 1993 it was printed only on one side and in 1994 they were printed on both. The shade of yellow is a bit quite differenet as well.
lil Jon
Merchant

Post by lil Jon »

Maan, all my DM flags have it on one side! I want my money back!

Hmm, I remember always wanting this set, I never got it though. I wanted it because the dragon, but i got bigger sets instead which in my opinion at the time was better. But the Dragon Masters are a pretty tacky group.
It's a Christmas Miracle!
jwcbigdog
Apprentice

Post by jwcbigdog »

As far as the Dragon Masters sets go, this was probably one of the better. It has a nice collection of parts, but I was just never really into this line. All the ladders would be helpful, but I don't understand the mismatched wheels and the different color horses. If you scrapped it, you would have some nice stuff, and if you leave it together, you would probably have some fun, too. For the DM line I give it a 9/10 but compared to others a 6/10.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

A great set, I am sad because I don't have it.
Just some rage.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Ooooooooo what a lovely set. I love it. It has two dragon masters, a dragon, the horses, saddles, ladders. It's awesome man.

And just because it's brown doesn't mean the bars are wood, it could be rust.

Dan :wink:
Last edited by Robin Hood on Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

This looks like a nice set. It only has two guys yes. But t comes with some very nice pieces. And any set with those awesome Dragon emblem shields has to rock! a 9/10
Space rocks.
Longbowmen
Peasant

Post by Longbowmen »

That was one of my first sets to......
I would give it a nice 8/10
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Jojo wrote:The poor coachman gets roasted.

HEHE! I don't care how many times that gets repeated I laugh every time I see it on here. This was one of the first castle sets I owned, I purchased it because it wasone of the cheapest sets with a dragon and knights, and a brown horse!

I see alot of problems with it, but overall it's not too bad. While those bars, no matter what 'material' might be too weak for the dragon, I always imagined that these dragons were helpful (for the most part) to this faction. (thus the fairly unsinged driver). The large amount of ladders was great, and the varied size of wheels meant I could make two different carts. This is the set I got my double-sided dragon masters flag from, which is cool. I also like that it has an extra saddle and a two-horse hitching which I used alot when I was younger.

So, not too bad and surely as good or better than any castle vehicle today.
BTW where are all the carts these days? My brothers asked me the other day why there were no peasants anymore. I just advised them to use SW figs. But you could see they really wanted a set like the 6010 wagon.
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
ZIGGY!
Squire

Post by ZIGGY! »

At last a set that I can actually review (My older bro` had this and it was passed down to me,but the flag is gone :cry: ).Anywho this set is kinda` a fave o` mine 2 figs,a dragon,and a neat cart.It`s still built and my brother and I still enjoy it. :D Of course the fact that the wagon is made of wood and that the dragon is breathing on the driver is a bit odd :roll: All in all tis` a 8/10 :D
Silent Arrow wrote:Nevertheless the ugly figs spoil the satisfactory design of the cart
How dare you :!: :?: I think dragon masters rock :!: Neat ideas,great eblem,the perfect villian even if their sets weren`t the best design!
Jojo wrote:The poor coachman gets roasted
HEHE :D That`s one way to look at it but my DMs are usually used as dragon tamers and somtimes they are people who worship dragon god thingies.
I've been let back on, zip-adee-doo-dah!
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I remember being so excited when I discovered the brochure for the Dragon Masters. Not only did we get a magician but a dragon too. It was really impressive, as it was Lego's first attempt at castle fantasy.

As for the set, it is an okay set. Still miles ahead of the crappy wagons we've gotten this year. Sure the driver gets roasted, but suspension of disbelief is part of Lego (if you don't believe me, just ask yourself: how do the soldiers get to the tops of the towers?)

I like the set. Its a cheap(er) way to get a green dragon. And comes with two soldiers and two horses (with one of those nifty and somewhat rare) dual horse hitching.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Jojo wrote:The poor coachman gets roasted.
Jojo gets the prize for most quoted line...

Heh heh... I never considered that. Either way, Me and this set have some history. Seems no matter how many times I've tried to get it, it slips through my fingers.

Anyway, I am a fan of this set, generally speaking. It seems a bit odd that two horses could pull a huge cart with a dragon in it, but the new scorpian battlewagon is probally even worse.

I like the idea of having a big cart with a wild caged animal inside (you could substitute the dragon with some HP Trolls, or perhaps the big wolf from the vikings pack).

I think this set comes with some creativity from LEGO, and even better, no catapults. :)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
fuzzy
Laborer

Post by fuzzy »

i like it 10/10
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
little darling, it seems like years since its been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and i say its all right