Cardboard

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Well the only reason I think I was even considering buying 8779 was those shields but now it seems that this set is really useless. Probably one of the worst castle sets TLC ever made. I hope next time TLC will consider making a jousting set, they would give up the idea and release 6060 http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=6060_1&v=z] again instead.
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

Actually I believe the set review I linked to was discussing the large, 12 inch tall LEGO knights, not the minifig ones. I do not know if the new minifig shields are plastic or cardboard or other

Well, I misunderstud that whole line of posts. Sorry all. I still think that this is a serious mistake by TLC. Bad marketing, bad quality and high prices. I wonder if a 2nd year buisness major would be able to help. I certenly hope that the minifig size shields are not cardboard. I think that would be fatel to AFOLs everywhere.

as I have said before. BRICKLINK
pricey though

Jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
Toombinator
Serf

=/

Post by Toombinator »

I don't think it's that big of a deal... I don't recall ever thinking that I would pick up one of these sets. Why are we all making such a big deal?
If it ain't broke, break it
If it ain't fixed, break it again
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Re: =/

Post by Dan_BL »

Toombinator wrote:I don't think it's that big of a deal... I don't recall ever thinking that I would pick up one of these sets. Why are we all making such a big deal?
Because this is lego! We have to talk about it because lego is our lives! Everything has to do with lego! Lego is Lego!
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

There is a thread on Lugnet .castle that says that the sheilds are not paper, they are a slightly thicker plastic than the old Hagrid's Hut roof. Hopefully we will have some brave soul purchase the sets and let us know what the truth is. Either way, bad move on TLC's part, I had even toyed with the idea of buying the Vladek fig, but not anymore.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

So what if the Bionicastle Knights have cardboard?! THEY DON'T COUNT!!!

What matters is if the new Minifig Scale shields are cardboard or ABS plastic.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Post by Dan_BL »

JPinoy wrote:So what if the Bionicastle Knights have cardboard?! THEY DON'T COUNT!!!

What matters is if the new Minifig Scale shields are cardboard or ABS plastic.
I suppose you're right in the sense that for someone like me who never buys bionicle, technic, throw-bots or just about any other theme that is not giving me parts for the good of my castle building.

Whatever these giant knights are, I certainly won't be buying them.