Which castle on a raised baseplate is your favorite?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

Which castle on a raised baseplate is your favorite?

6098 (6091)  King Leo's Castle
No votes
6090  Royal Knight's Castle
9%
6086  Black Knight's Castle
52%
6082  Fire Breathing Fortress
No votes
6081  King's Mountain Fortress
27%
7419  Dragon Fortress
12%

Total votes: 33

timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

coyote magnificent post! i had almost forgotten 6081 but you made a rock solid case for it!
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

timber_wolf899 said
coyote magnificent post! i had almost forgotten 6081 but you made a rock solid case for it!
I voted for 6081 for most of the reasons that Coyote stated. I give him props for spelling it out is such a readable and compleat way. Much better then I could have done.

I do think that 6086 is a very good castle for figs, armor, berdings, and pieces... But two things;

1.) We were asked which "castle" was our favorite. (ok so I should have been a lawyer, sorry. I had to throw this in.)

2.) I am defenently a Lion shield man. I have always prefered the "crusadors", and "if not here, then where does my loyelty lie?"

my $.02

jedipawn
Long, long ago. In a galaxy far, far away... THERE WERE CASTLES!!!!!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

nice lotr quote! faramir?

I am a cursader fan as well <someone should MOC margat<sp?>...> but as lego goes 6086 truely is a mighty fortress, no?
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

nice lotr quote! faramir?
Yep, as he is leaving Minas Tirith on his suicide charge.
I am a cursader fan as well <someone should MOC margat<sp?>...>
Margat? uhh Think I need some clearification on that one
but as lego goes 6086 truely is a mighty fortress, no?
*sigh* yes it is that!

jedipawn
davescastle
Villein

Post by davescastle »

Coyote has taken the Cake.......... 6081 really hit it off with Realism. The divided wall really gave the affect of a larger Castle. 6086 would probably be a better Castle for TLC to bring back as a Legend, only due to the amount of Minifigs and the Barding. But I dont think I would complain if TLC introduced any old Castle set as a Legend. Anything other than 8781.

Dave
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

Margat, if i have my spelling correct, was a hospitaler stronghold, so powerful that the muslims were only able to take it by subterfuge. They forged a note from the hospitaler grand master ordering a surrender. believe the siege had run several months up to that point.
Dan_BL
Apprentice

Post by Dan_BL »

So much for pretty much all the others. I voted Black Knight's Castle. My first set :) My most battered baseplate :( My fav. faction :) My oldest legos in use :)

Dan
Jedipawn
Artisan

Post by Jedipawn »

Margat, if i have my spelling correct, was a hospitaler stronghold, so powerful that the muslims were only able to take it by subterfuge. They forged a note from the hospitaler grand master ordering a surrender. believe the siege had run several months up to that point.
Wow, I am going to have to do some studying on that one. Sounds like a good story, and an incredible moc. might have to work with someone for that one. Dont think my megar collection could stand up to that kind of stronghold!

Jedipawn
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

When the kingdom was at the height of its glory, the Hospitallers possessed no fewer than seven strongholds, some situated on the coast, others in the mountains; of these Margat and Krals, in the territory of Tripoli, are the most famous. They enjoyed the revenues of more than one hundred and forty estates (casalia) in the Holy Land.

http://www.reuter.net/syria_private_tours/marquat.htm

AWSOME looking castle