6090 - Royal Knight's Castle
7%
6098 - Knights Kingdom Castle
No votes

Total votes: 43

wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Now that is a Christmas present worth bragging about. Congrats, I purchsed that set off ebay last year, the guy wasn't sure it was complete and he had no pic. It went for $39.00 and shipping of $9.00. When it arrived it was almost like new, in its near mint box with all the trays, not one piece was missing. Probably the best purchase I ever made on ebay. Sure do love that castle it is one of two sets I have that even resemble the original set. I still voted for 6080 though, all official lego castles are more like little forts anyway and the 6080 is the perfect little fort. Now if it had some housing and some stables, it would be even better.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

Indeed it was the best purchase that I ever made =P
Magnus
Artisan

most realitic castle

Post by Magnus »

For me I am split between the Black Falcons Fortress and the King's Mountain Stronghold.

The Knights' Castle, King's Castle and Black Monarch's Castle all are of the same simple playable design with 2 corner towers and a gatehouse, but no sort of keep or living accomodations arrangement at all. The BFF has that small toer at teh eback which at least looks as if it could be habitable, and in fact, some real castles had such a big and strong gatehouse that it served as the living accomodations for the lord and his family. The King's Mountain Stronghold was a bold new design for Lego, and is the only castle Lego put out that has something approaching a keep or great tower. Low wass on top of the hill detract from defensibility an probably realism too.

The Black Knight' Castle would be very realistic if not for the fact that the rear and left walls are so low. Talk about a lego set that was specifically desiged to be photographed from one angle in order to make it look bigger than it really is.

The castles that came later on are too fantasyfull for me.

Both of them have
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

ah but will 6080 does have stables
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

No the 6080 didn't have stables or any living quarters and that is why it is just the best castle to become a legend now. The 6074 had living quarters of a sorts and that makes it slightly more legendary to me than the 6080.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
catena
Villein

Post by catena »

I think that the most authentic castle design TLC ever implemented was Fort Legoredo (6769). It's got a recessed gate, barbican with two towers with arrow slots, a crenellated wall on all four sides on which a minifig can stand, a keep atop a dungeon (with a stable next door), stairs and ladders to the second floor, a watchtower by a sally port, and a fully enclosed court. And, it was modular, opening up in interlocking segments.

It's a shame TLC doesn't create great sets like this in the castle theme, or UCS Castle sets, since they should know they have a market in us.
Jason (lego at jcatena dot net)
Classic-castle [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=874]Master Gatekeeper[/url], March 2004
http://www.jcatena.net/lego