Resilience of Wolfpack

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Dragon Master
Merchant

Resilience of Wolfpack

Post by Dragon Master »

The Wolfpack won’t go away! What draws people to them? They have no helmets or armor, and are evil, robbing, villains! Personally I can’t stand these guys. After all Black Knights and Dragon Masters were their favorite people to steal from. But on a more serious note Wolfpack won’t go away!

Only appearing in 3 of their own sets (and small ones mind you) the wolfpack made few other appearances (two I think, and 3 if you include the minifig pack. The faction did not drag out nearly as long as Black Monarchs (and their two spawning factions and the) and Black Falcons. So shortlived were the wolfpack. It seems the Royals put a stop to them.

On polls and such it shows the wolfpack is one of the favorite factions (and forest men, hmmm seems people like the rebels). But as I went to my local lego store I was shocked.

There were foam toy swords, shields, armor, and helmets. Half the stuff was Royals, and the other….you guessed it wolfpack. And I have yet to come across the Wolfpack patch that LegoFreak showed us. And lets not foget that new key-chain with the Wolf/Cowpack hybrid design. Why wolfpack? I’m just confused. Seems like they were just there to be bad guys.

Why are they popular?

Will they come back? Will they go away? Will Lister?

Sorry for my pointless ramble,

Dragon Master
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
jeff_o_rama
Laborer

Post by jeff_o_rama »

They are wiley little buggers. They have to be, leading the life they do.

-Jeff
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Bad boys, bad boys, whatchya gonna do when they come for you?

Put three feet o' steel through yer innards! The Forestmen are robbers, but they mess up the whole bad boy image by giving to the poor. Wimps! The Wolfpack has attitude! They take from the rich and keep it! In their keep!

Idunno. I always liked the wolfpack. Maybe I just like wolves. Maybe I'm just a typical rebellious 'Merican that has it in for any I'm-better-than-you-stinking-peasants snobby elite lordling. :D
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Well... The DMs were bad guys as well...

Although I never owned any WP until late last year, I used to (when I was younger) drool over them in old catalogs. They looked cool and came in cool sets. I still think that.
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

always thought it'd be neat to construct wolfpack set along the lines of an abandoned keep/castle that they had taken over. you know osme old heavy stone work and some slap dash patches.
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

I think it's because they look neat! Another thing is, The Forestmen were good-guys. They took only ill-gotten wealth, and they gave it to those who deserved it. And, if you've read Robin Hood, you'll know that Robin became an outlaw sort of accidentally. But you still need a band of common robbers. So, TLC made the Wolfpack.

Mr. D
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

FORESTMEN ROCK!

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Mr. D wrote:I think it's because they look neat! Another thing is, The Forestmen were good-guys. They took only ill-gotten wealth, and they gave it to those who deserved it.

Mr. D
ALL RIGHT! GO FORESTMEN!!!!! WOO-HOO!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

I made my wolfpack into a literal wolf pack using the werewolf head. In my world the wolfpack is a clan of werewolves. It may sound a bit cheesy, but when you arm them and line them up with the werewolf heads, they end up looking pretty decent. Just waiting on a BL order to give them all dark gray hands... Then I'll post some pics.

Back on topic for the thread, Wolfpack was one of those factions that appeared during my dark ages. I think their appeal is due to their more obvious criminal tendencies. I have always envisioned the wolfpack living up in the mountains in some burned out heap of a castle with a bunch of ill-gotten treasure. I regret not buying more a few years ago when Lego on ebay was less popular.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Wolfpack could've been developed more.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Well... The DMs were bad guys as well...
Ugh not this again. The DM's were completly missunderstood. Think of them as the "Mountain Division" of the Black Monarch's army, yup. That works.

DM
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Then why can't the Wolfpack be considered the "Mountain Division" of the Forestmen? ;) :lol:

I actually never thought of the WP as bad.
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Well they are seen in other faction's set snooping around for treausure. Your can't deny that.

DM
adm_matthew
Journeyman

Post by adm_matthew »

I got 2 of the old(er) style swords with KK and WolfPack on them when I was at LEGOLAND in '99
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

DM, the Dragon Masters were seen snooping around the forestmen and the Royal Knights!

I like the wolfpack and the bulls because they are the badguys. Of course, the heroews always win, but having a bad force is nice.
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

Dragon Master wrote:Well they are seen in other faction's set snooping around for treausure. Your can't deny that.

DM
So, what makes that evil? I prefer to think of them as neutral. At least, that's what I use them for.

I really prefer the Black Knights and Black Monarchs (if there is a difference) over the DMs... Better structures and minifigs, IMHO. Plus, tons of armour.