Resilience of Wolfpack

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Christopher McCleerey
Peasant

Post by Christopher McCleerey »

I think you can consider any faction as either evil or good. Even willa the witch has a happy smily face.

Except Castonicle. Castonicle is evil.
C
A cartographer's end:
"Here be dragons!"
Mr. D
Councilor

Post by Mr. D »

I think LEGO did the right thing when the released the earlier sets with out "bad-guys" and "good-guys". This allowed/allows for more imagination and playability (Knight's Kingdom was pretty good as far as the figs go, but I think LEGO cheated themselves when they released it with a pre-described story line). I would use Dragon Masters (if I had any) as mercenaries; however, Dragon Master can use them as heroes if he wants to, and someone else might use them as villains. It's all in individual imagination; that (and building) what LEGO is all about.

Mr. D
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Yup,

That is a good point Mr. D imagination is everything.The only truly "bad" guys I have are my Fright Knight/Undead army. The rest are more or less "good" depending on how they feel that day. My wolfpack being werewolves are predatory, but not evil.My Black Falcons are Mountain Elves and less human friendly than my forest elves. My Dragon Masters/Black Knights are a band of Dragon Slayers(Sorry DM). Centaurs and Dwarves keep to themselves etc...

It is always up to the end user who and if anyone in their world will be "evil". Aside from the Undead Army, I only have evil individuals in my world, not factions and these people can range from merchants and peasants to generals for the Royal army. It can change whenever I feel like it too, that is the joy of imagination.

I think I might make a small army of purple and light blue knights to be evil... only evil would be bold enough to ride those colors into battle. :D

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

I always thought of the wolfpack as a desperate remnant of the Black Falconsafter the Black Knights came through. They arn't bad, but they are out for revenge in a big way.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I wonder why would a horde of desperated robbers go to a T-shirt shop and ask the owner "Hey dude, make us some nice shirts with a wolf's head printed on them! Otherwise your life's forfeited!"

Bye
Jojo

Mani
Villein

Post by Mani »

I love wolfpack. Their one of my two favourite factions, beside Dragon Masters. Now, I'm using wolfpack as happy, Robin Hood-like outlaws - mostly because I haven't got any Forestmen.
jimjo
Serf

yeah but..

Post by jimjo »

yeah but if you think about it the wolfpack and fright knights (not sure about undead) were just fighting and stealing for them to live and eat they did it beacause they had too. they were out laws so they could not just go to the nearest shop could they?
there is a child in your eyes
and the child neverdies
so keep the dream alive
kook
Serf

Post by kook »

good point jimjo, that is true
if you kill 1 man you are a murderer
if you kill 10 men you are a monster
if you kill 100 men you are a hero
if you kill 1000 men you are a conqueror!!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

moral relativism. no no not good

one can not do evil that good may come.
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Though this isn’t a moral discussion, Timber_Wolf899 is right.
“But if our unrighteousness brings out God’s righteousness more clearly, what shall we say? That God is unjust in bringing his wrath on us? (I am using a human argument.) Certainly not! If that were so, how could God judge the world? Someone might argue, ‘If my falsehood enhances God’s truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner?’ Why not say– as we are being slanderously reported as saying and as some claim that we say– ‘Let us do evil that good may result’? Their condemnation is deserved.” – Romans 3: 5-8
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
timber_wolf899 wrote:one can not do evil that good may come.
Also there is no just war.
The Sixth Commandment says "Thou shalt not kill." It does not say: "Thou shalt only kill if thou haveth* a just reason for that."

But such a discussion is quite off topic in this forum.

*) Not sure about this word form. My knowledge of ancient English is even worse than my modern English :-)

Bye
Jojo

the_great_one
Artisan

Post by the_great_one »

there is no exuse for murdering but i do see where jimjo is coming from
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Jojo is partly right. The commandment could be translated as “Thou shalt not murder.” I’m not sure, I’d have to ask my dad, who is a pastor, and has told me about this, but I don’t remember.

As for the Wolfpack, a band of robbers is useful, and they’re useful as peasants. I see where you’re coming from, Jimjo, but if I were a benevolent outlaw, I’d live off the land.

PS Jojo, it would be “hadst” or “hath,” whichever you prefer. :wink:
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
akochan
Villein

Post by akochan »

Poaching will feed your belly but the Wolfpack still needs money for swords and clothes (or needs to steal those instead of money to buy them)

The Wolfpack are just meaner Forestmen, that's all. :)

-Andy
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Moral-shmoral - the Wolfpack is amoral. You are either of the pack, or not of the pack, and therefore prey. A simple philosophy (one that will also eventually convince everyone else to stamp them out as pests, but hey, wolves live in the now).

Whew, guys, lighten up - it's Lego, not reality. 8)
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]