hammer
No votes
other
5%

Total votes: 57

Lord Resta
Foot Soldier

Post by Lord Resta »

Could anyone post pictures of the old and new broad swords? I think I read that there were different ones!
Look to my coming, on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East...

-Gandalf the White, The Two Towers.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

The Blue knight wrote:BTW I didn't know there was a gold long sword. anyone have a link?
The golden long sword comes with 7417 Temple of Mount Everest:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7417
Lord Resta wrote:Could anyone post pictures of the old and new broad swords? I think I read that there were different ones!

The swords look pretty much the same except the old ones are more shiny (shinier?) than the new ones. This is because the old swords were made of ABS (the same material as every standard brick) but the new ones are made of PP that's soft and flexible.

There must not be a new sword in any set produced before 1993, that is, no soft swords are allowed in Black Falcon/Crusader-Lions/Forestmen/Dragon Knights-Black Monarch/Wolfpack sets. Also the initial release of the Dragon masters (1993) came with the old type swords, but later editions (as of 1994) came with the new type swords.
Of course soft light grey swords are forbidden for any classic knights as from 375/6075, 383/6083 and 677/6077.

Bye
Jojo

erikut
Steward

Halebeard

Post by erikut »

stab, chop whit it. its useful however u use it
Anonym0us
Villein

Post by Anonym0us »

Halberd.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Now, what is a knight without his sword.
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

The bow. Why?You can sit up in a tree and snipe all tresspassers :twisted:. shoot somebody before they can get to you with their short sword, spear, katana exc.
Space rocks.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

Bows are crap in open warfare. imagine in battle, you've got a bow and a platoon of troops charging at you. BANG! One got one. But then the others are all upon you, and the next you know it, you're dead.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Daimyo wrote:Bows are crap in open warfare. imagine in battle, you've got a bow and a platoon of troops charging at you. BANG! One got one. But then the others are all upon you, and the next you know it, you're dead.
I imagine that's what the french chevaliers thought at Crecy before the english archers on the open field turned them into human pincushions. :lol:

...not to mention all those Samurai that a Daimyo would command who had their own version of a longbow.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

But Yari Cavalry ran in and knocked them out before they could act.
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Daimyo wrote:But Yari Cavalry ran in and knocked them out before they could act.
Why would they run in rather than ride in? :D
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Daimyo wrote:Bows are crap in open warfare. imagine in battle, you've got a bow and a platoon of troops charging at you. BANG! One got one. But then the others are all upon you, and the next you know it, you're dead.

AHH! But you forget that I have a automatic crossbow. Fires and reloads Just like a machine gun :D .
Space rocks.
Cat
Villein

Post by Cat »

The spear is the best weapon as it is closest to the quarter staff which is perhaps the best close range weapon of all.