Weekly Set Review: Treasure Cart

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Bought multiples (10-12) of this set in poly bag. Love the fig, and all the accessories. I have a lot of wagon wheels I do not use, but so what!

If anything like this was released again....I would be very happy :D The new Vladek poly bag set is OK, but a classic faction with historically believeable insignia would be more what I would want to see.
Troy T. Moore
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Great set. One of my earliest Castle sets...

As an army builder, it's a great set: cheap fig (nice fig, too), two weapons, a shield, and then there's the cart and chest. The cart is nice enough, certainly the wheels are always useful. And I love the design of this cart because there isn't a single piece that isn't universally applicable, once the wheels and axel have been removed. And the treasure chest with trans-coloured rounds? That's alright, I suppose...

Parts: 9/10
Playability: 6.5/10
Figs/Accessories: 8/10
Design (then): 7.5/10
Design (now): 8/10
Nostalgia: 8/10

Overall Score: 6.71/10
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I'm a fan of this set - kind of funny, since I am not a fan of the Majisto set that is very similar to this.

The reasons I like it and not the other are identicle to the others - I like the soldier, I like the shield. I don't mind this kind of cart, although boses has a point... it's not all that practical for one man to pull... but hey, what the heck.

I have one, wouldn't hesitate to buy many more.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Shadow
Squire

Post by Shadow »

I probably have this set, although it has been taken apart since I got it.

My opinion:

Its so so.

Pros: The minifig, spear and shield.

Cons: Its just too small and not worth buying.
Graynar
Gentleman

Post by Graynar »

Shadow wrote:
Cons: Its just too small and not worth buying.
What? Are my eyes decieving me! How can you say that! You must have a lot of castle figs to say that. Come on! Cheap little sets that include a generic figure are always great! TLG does not do this much anymore. And if you want a lot of one figure, you have to buy a more expensive set.

Graynar
Shadow
Squire

Post by Shadow »

What? Are my eyes decieving me! How can you say that! You must have a lot of castle figs to say that. Come on! Cheap little sets that include a generic figure are always great! TLG does not do this much anymore. And if you want a lot of one figure, you have to buy a more expensive set.
Actually, I have a lot of castle figs, especially this one.
Wilod King
Serf

Yea!

Post by Wilod King »

This is a set that I don't have, but could build myself a couple of times. I think it is a really nice set, but I wasn't buying lego's myself at the time :oops: and noone bought it for me. The sodier is well armed, although I also only use that particular helmet for archers. A good small set to amass soldiers and weapons. I really like this faction and it's hearaldry. Although I too would rather see two separate wagon wheels, they are more useful I think. I personally would buy a couple if I had'nt already a fair number of the parts already. The soldier is well armed, but I think the treasure is a little under guarded :wink: . I'd give it a 7/10 (I could use more stuff/pieces)
Wilod, King of the Dilods, Destroyer of Worlds. A.K.A. Psychoboy, Ruler of the Unknown Universe, and Cheese
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

This was the first, and for a few years my only, Cruisader set. Simply put I loved it. Still do.

Apart from sentimental reasons, this set has great value in is pieces. It has the soldier, a good looking one it you like Cruisaders, plus a sword, spear and shield. Then you have the chest.

The design, meh. How wrong can one get on a cart?

On a interesting note, mine and my brothers set of this had the treasure pieces still attached to part of the mold.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
The Hordesman
Merchant

Post by The Hordesman »

Shadow wrote:
Actually, I have a lot of castle figs, especially this one.
I havent heard the argument yet.
[url=http://s14.invisionfree.com/brick_central/index.php?act=idx]Brick Central[/url]
[url=http://s13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World.php?act=idx]Castle World, for your Lego castle stories![/url]
Wilod King
Serf

what a quandry

Post by Wilod King »

Hey, if I post more than once on a string does it count as one or two posts. If I post more often I will finally arise from the gong :roll: and that would rock. How many posts get me out of this quagmire :?: I think this set would go great with the Crusaders large castle, the soldiers of the relm coming with their arms into the fortress and castle to defend the realm. (Or them moving in after beating the Black Falcons out of their outpost with their battering ram :twisted: )
Wilod, King of the Dilods, Destroyer of Worlds. A.K.A. Psychoboy, Ruler of the Unknown Universe, and Cheese
Unknown Knight
Laborer

Post by Unknown Knight »

This was my second lego castle set. Ahh.... the memories. :)

It came with my first spear, banner, castle helmet, and triangular shield.

Unfortunately the guy's torso is now cracked on his left side. :cry:
Suprisingly though, his gold printing is very well preserved.

On a side note, I remember that it came in a polybag. Unfortunately I don't have the bag. :?

From the memories, I would ate this set a 8.9
the Unknown Knight
----------
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Murgen
Freeman

Post by Murgen »

This is a great little set. it is good for army building and pieces - cart wheels especially.

Also, it is sturdy enough that younger children can play with it without breaking. That is something this parent of a 6 year old can appreciate.
Water sleeps.
Nick
Steward

Post by Nick »

It's virtually no different to the last treasure cart set we've reviewed, the dread knight's cart. However, I much prefer dread knights to these, so I'd rate this set low just out of principle (1/10 :twisted: ). However, ignoring principles, I'd say that this set is great for accessories, the conventional soldier, the cart wheels (always useful), and the treasure chest, of course. So, as I am also a fan of minor sets,
Parts: 10/10
Playability: 10/10
Figs/Accessories: 9/10
Design (then): 6/10
Design (now): 5/10
Nostalgia: 0/10
The playability is always high for these carts, as I’ve mentioned before; the design isn't great, it's somehow not well suited. The nostalgia is 0 as this set is slightly before my time.

P.S. I'm back from my trip! I retuned this afternoon, and finally got to have a rest now. Hello all!
gormadoc1
Artisan

Re: Weekly Set Review: Treasure Cart

Post by gormadoc1 »

A fantastic little set that would please any Lego castle fan. :D I give it 9/10
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.